Collins is the top Candidate

I don't get it. He is the one media source who consistently covers GT athletics well. But yeah, lets öööö on the guy because he runs a pay service. If you 80k'd you would subscribe and understand.

Let’s look at just last week:

Every local and national reporter’s Twitter: “Johnson is retiring”

Quinlan’s twitter: “I don’t know where all this is coming from. I haven’t heard anything”

That’s not worth paying for even if you 80k

Yes we need one more thing to debate right now
I'll start three threads under slightly different titles... 'CPJ was rotten from the start' & 'There's no hope for us' & 'Is Collins our savior?'
easy peasy theologesy

PS. Theologeezy... the new album from Kanye and Jay-Z

I hope they at least considered him and just didn’t dismiss him outright. At least research what the Dallas Morning News found, discuss it with Bud using facts, and see what Bud thinks. If Bud tells TS “absolutely now way”, then don’t interview him. If Bud says “I want to hear what happened from him”, then get Art and Bud on Skype to discuss.

Maybe that happened, maybe it didn’t. We’ll never know.
My suspicion is that TStan knows his boss better than to raise the name. Bud is all-in on contemporary academic liberalism. In the #metoo era, Art Briles would be explosively bad for Bud's reputation among fellow university presidents. Gonna take somebody in a really secure position, politically and socially and financially, to bring Art back anytime soon.

My suspicion is that TStan knows his boss better than to raise the name. Bud is all-in on contemporary academic liberalism. In the #metoo era, Art Briles would be explosively bad for Bud's reputation among fellow university presidents. Gonna take somebody in a really secure position, politically and socially and financially, to bring Art back anytime soon.
Aren't you rich?

The main difference between Collins and Elliott is their personality.

Elliott is a smart introvert who is serious and down to the Xs and Os, offensive minded. Collins on the other hand is an outspoken eccentric defensive minded coach.
If we hire a Geoff Collins type as HC, we absolutely need a Tony Elliott type as OC.

Everyone says Tony Elliott has been Clemson’s OC. But last time I checked, him and Jeff Scott have been Co-OC since 2015. How do we know how much Tony Elliott is responsible for? Forgive me if I am naive, but I haven’t seen anything definitive that says he’s even the play caller. I think he’s relatively risky choice just on that alone.

There’s always stuff behind the scenes the public doesn’t know about.
Tony Elliott is definitely the playcaller. Jeff Scott is not an X's and O's guy - he is the recruiting ace, motivator, etc. Personally I think Scott would be a bad fit at GT but Elliott is the right type of coach for us. He just may not be ready yet.

Thanks for posting this. I think Geoff Collins could be a good hire as long as he brings in an OC that will run some spread/option concepts. I think Pro Style offense and personnel is a terrible fit for us.

"The two have a game-week routine. They meet together and come up with plan, then share it with the rest of the staff. They meet soon after and share information from the rest of the offensive staff, then are in lock step the rest of the week.

On game day, Elliott is in the press box calling plays with input from all staffers. Scott is on the sidelines as a point of contact for players. So far, the Tigers are 27-2 with that system in place."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.wa...n-co-offensive-coordinators-tony-elliott-jef/

I stand corrected. Thanks for the link

Let’s look at just last week:

Every local and national reporter’s Twitter: “Johnson is retiring”

Quinlan’s twitter: “I don’t know where all this is coming from. I haven’t heard anything”

That’s not worth paying for even if you 80k
Quinlan hinted months ago that Johnson retiring was a possibility - we just didn't know when. Obviously he's not gonna put specifics out there because that creates a ööööstorm and freaks recruits out.

I've got no problem with criticizing the pay-for-info model or even mocking KQ, it's just ööööed up to straight up steal the info and almost immediately spread it elsewhere.

I've got no problem with criticizing the pay-for-info model or even mocking KQ, it's just ööööed up to straight up steal the info and almost immediately spread it elsewhere.
I agree. I said so a little further up.

Back