Collins is the top Candidate

18in32

Petard Hoister
Thank you very much for finding this and linking it here. Good to hear the guy talk. Sounds pretty good, TBH. One things for sure, the TV and radio shows would be a lot more entertaining than they were before.

Anybody have any inside info on why the Temple program has regressed slightly during his two year tenure? Injuries? Unexpected transfers?

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
Nice save, cheesesteak hater
Who in the öööö toasts their ööööing cheesesteak roll?

I'm now officially off the Collins train. Jerkoff lives in Philly and can't even find himself a decent cheesesteak. No way in hell he's finding us good recruits.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Wa

Wait, he oversaw that 2007 recruiting class with Morgan, Dwyer, Burnett, etc??

Now, I'm sold. You see, this is a reason to pick a coach. Not a cheese steak video.
Yeah, turns out those skill sets are related tho.

But I too didn't realize Collins was the guy who created the CCG-can-recruit-better-than-CPJ meme that's been dogging us for 9 years. Not sure if that makes me like him or hate him more.

Seriously, though, dude's a recruiter, and he's pushing hard for the job. If we give him to money to hire a great OC, I'd be cool with this.

GoGATech

Big Dummy

But I too didn't realize Collins was the guy who created the CCG-can-recruit-better-than-CPJ meme that's been dogging us for 9 years. Not sure if that makes me like him or hate him more.

Seriously, though, dude's a recruiter, and he's pushing hard for the job. If we give him to money to hire a great OC, I'd be cool with this.
We can likely get him for less money than any of the other top candidates, therefore freeing up more money for him to get coordinators.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Just like we've had to deal with the CPJ/CJP confusion the past two years, if we hire Collins we're going to have to deal with the CCG/CGC confusion. That could be deadly.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Just like we've had to deal with the CPJ/CJP confusion the past two years, if we hire Collins we're going to have to deal with the CCG/CGC confusion. That could be deadly.
CGC= Canopy Growth Corporation

Canopy Growth Corporation

Type
Medical marijuana
Traded as TSX: WEED and NYSE: CGC
Industry Cannabis
Predecessor Tweed Marijuana Inc.
Founded 2014
Founders Bruce Linton
Headquarters
Smiths Falls, Ontario
Canada
Area served
Canada
Products Medical cannabis
Revenue
C$ 40 million (2017)[1]
Operating income
C$ -15 million (2017)[1]
Net income
C$ -17 million (2017)[1]
Total assets
C$ 678 million[1]
Total equity
C$ 615 million[1]
Website www.canopygrowth.com
www.tweed.com
www.spectrumcannabis.ca
Canopy Growth Corporation, formerly Tweed Marijuana Inc., is a cannabis company based in Smiths Falls, Ontario, founded by Bruce Linton in 2013, renamed Canopy Growth Corporation in 2015[2]. As of late September 2018, Canopy was the world's largest cannabis company, based on the value of all shares, or market capitalization.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
CGC= Canopy Growth Corporation

Canopy Growth Corporation

Type
Medical marijuana
Traded as TSX: WEED and NYSE: CGC
Industry Cannabis
Predecessor Tweed Marijuana Inc.
Founded 2014
Founders Bruce Linton
Headquarters
Smiths Falls, Ontario
Canada
Area served
Canada
Products Medical cannabis
Revenue
C$ 40 million (2017)[1]
Operating income
C$ -15 million (2017)[1]
Net income
C$ -17 million (2017)[1]
Total assets
C$ 678 million[1]
Total equity
C$ 615 million[1]
Website www.canopygrowth.com
www.tweed.com
www.spectrumcannabis.ca
Canopy Growth Corporation, formerly Tweed Marijuana Inc., is a cannabis company based in Smiths Falls, Ontario, founded by Bruce Linton in 2013, renamed Canopy Growth Corporation in 2015[2]. As of late September 2018, Canopy was the world's largest cannabis company, based on the value of all shares, or market capitalization.
Ugly - this stock is a sell

LeonardWood

Dodd-Like
I don't think I've seen this here anywhere yet but this bio is a pretty good read about Collins:

https://owlsports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1959&path=football

• In 2007, he worked at Alabama as the director of player personnel under head coach Nick Saban and had the #1 recruiting class in the country.
  • He spent the 2006 season at Georgia Tech as director of player personnel. Georgia Tech secured their best recruiting class in team history that year as well.
  • Before coaching in the SEC, he sharpened his teeth as the defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Florida International University in 2010. During that season, his defense was ranked first in the Sun Belt Conference in total defense, scoring defense, pass defense efficiency, and turnover margin.

Edit: Oh yeah, and this:

• While Collins has gained notoriety for being innovative and energetic, his accomplishments in his first year as head coach can not be overlooked.
https://247sports.com/Coach/Geoff-Collins-1033/AllTimeRecruits/

gogt121

GTRW121
Wa

Wait, he oversaw that 2007 recruiting class with Morgan, Dwyer, Burnett, etc??

Now, I'm sold. You see, this is a reason to pick a coach. Not a cheese steak video.
You didn't know that?

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Thank you very much for finding this and linking it here. Good to hear the guy talk. Sounds pretty good, TBH. One things for sure, the TV and radio shows would be a lot more entertaining than they were before.

Anybody have any inside info on why the Temple program has regressed slightly during his two year tenure? Injuries? Unexpected transfers?
As far this years schedule goes... he's really only got one bad loss in terms of Temple competition. Villanova to start the season is rough. Starting off on a slow note is certainly not desirable but we are known to do that as well. The others are to UCF, BC and Buffalo Bulls (10-3) and played for the conf championship.

2017 is kind of the same. UCF, USF, ND, Houston, and Army in OT

Last edited:

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like

I don't like him. Therefore, he's a lock to be hired. Stand by for "Chili dogs with Coach".

gtrower

Dodd-Like
We play Temple next year too...that’d be an interesting atmosphere.