Come down off the ledge.

Vad never had the decisiveness that you need to run a read-and-react type of offense. he was trying to make a big play out of every play. he didn't stick to the basics. imo, he had a lot of talent but not the discipline to run the offense effectively

some guys never learn that they cant "out athlete" the defense in college like you can in high school. it seemed like he never went 100% speed running read plays.

just one idiots opinion, of course

Not disagreeing with it being one idiot's opinion. Using correct punctuation would help, you need to possess it.:naughty:

I do agree with you on the other point though, it was much more grammatically correct.

Not disagreeing with it being one idiot's opinion. Using correct punctuation would help, you need to possess it.:naughty:

I do agree with you on the other point though, it was much more grammatically correct.

images

I actually look more forward to next season now. New QB. Even more pissed off coach with something to prove.

Really? I seriously doubt any of the last 4 years have met CPJ's standards for himself or the program. Yet I have yet to see this "more pissed off" coach you refer to or any results that come close to proving anything except from a negative standpoint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I'm using this quote as an example of many posts I've seen on the board since the bowl game. Am I happy with Johnson? No. But some of y'all need to get a grip and come down off the ledge. We went to a bowl game people. This isn't anything close to Bill Lewis years. Get some öööö perspective

You have already said you ain't gonna be a season ticket holder next year you whiney little bitch. So STFU about others.

I'm using this quote as an example of many posts I've seen on the board since the bowl game. Am I happy with Johnson? No. But some of y'all need to get a grip and come down off the ledge. We went to a bowl game people. This isn't anything close to Bill Lewis years. Get some öööö perspective

You are right.

We are on the CPJ train for probably 2 more years due to our expert contract negotiation skills. Hopefully CPJ will do something on the field to make us extend at that point (the bowl streak and ACC average results don't count for my taste).

Might as well hope recruiting improves (can we believe it when we see it on the field?), improved OL blocking (need it), better D (improved this year but not what we need) and other areas.

But we have no choice. I would just like to see it done on the field. That includes ugag.

But we are what we have now. We will have no right to complain about media coverage or attendance unless CPJ (who I accept as OUR coach) does something to get it done. Hope he does because he will be here.

Just try and support it all, because it will not change. Or maybe I should say I will believe it when we see it. Don't think that is unfair.

Just praying for our S/As that they can find leadership, courage, pride and some new strength. But will not be disappointed if results are the same.

Truly, It Is What It Is. Nothing we can do about it. Hope CPJ can do something about it. That is on him. If academics are too hard, he can resign or live with it and recruit better / wiser.

Beating the teams we lose to far to often can be fixed by CPJ coaching / recruiting better or resigning.

We are tied to him, not the other way around. So we have no choice but to go full blast in support for probably 2 more years.

It is as simple as this. If somehow we can improve our blocking, which is horrendous on the lines and on the edge, and we can get a QB in there that can make the proper reads, we will win more ballgames. Too many times this season I saw wide open wide receivers or Vad keeping the ball and covering up when a pitch would have broken big. Line play and QB play are a problem. We lost to UGA, VT, and Miami when just a bit better play from a QB wins all of them.

With a relatively clean slate for the QB position, I'd like to add that we should find B-Back build types who can throw relatively well. Larger QBs coming through high school who, for whatever reason, have little chance at QB position in Division 1 and none for the NFL. I always wished Joshua would/could throw better, but I'll take his linebacker mentality in getting hit executing the Triple Option, refusing to lose easy in the Joe Hamilton mold, and leadership, even with lesser skills, like the Goose that demands maximum effort from his teammates.

A quick thinker making the option reads, larger "refuse to go down" runner with a few passing skills, who demands the same effort from the rest of the huddle.

If the Hill won't change academic requirements, then attach skilled academic tutors to these prospects 24/7 to enable them to earn a real Tech degree to use later. This is the heritage that would enhance the Institute's reputation and could bolster the kind of athletic recruiting we can achieve for the athletes we can get.

You have already said you ain't gonna be a season ticket holder next year you whiney little bitch. So STFU about others.

I'm not. But that has more to do with the entire culture at GT and not living near Atlanta than it does the state of this football team tough guy. I'm not the one freaking out over a QB transferring. Bye Vad. Nice knowin you. PJ wants to get bought out or replaced next year isn't breaking my heart either.

BarrelBiPolar. The sky was falling, but a few days go by and magically everything is better.

I'm not. But that has more to do with the entire culture at GT and not living near Atlanta than it does the state of this football team tough guy. I'm not the one freaking out over a QB transferring. Bye Vad. Nice knowin you. PJ wants to get bought out or replaced next year isn't breaking my heart either.

Those of us who have seen Beestorm's mom know how sick you are.:lol:

I'm just wondering is Roof will sabotage the D in order to get his dream job.

CPJ is the coach, probably 2 more years. I would hope we have such massive improvement that we have to extend. Just show me, especially vs ugag.

Since CPJ is the coach, and if TR did as implied, it would kill his career here and maybe elsewhere. But TR would not do that to start with.

AND, how does anyone know this would be his dream job?

We and CPJ are married for 2 more years and hopefully longer based on results.

BUT, CPJ has TOTAL control over our success, attendace and all connected to our program. Up to him.

There are plenty of reasons to stay on the ledge.

Look at each position. Compare its production with the same position in 2008. Getting better or worse?

That being said, I think our players this year turn it all around and we go undefeated. I want the mentality like pre-2010 season... when they are breaking the huddle in spring practice with National Championship.

I still think Johnson is a good coach and that we'll win 8-9 games next year.

Back