commit #3 is a big one!!

He just doesnt seem like a prototype TO offensive lineman....I like the pick up because he chose us on acedemics.....

According to Scout, he is light on his feet and is quick for his size. Cons were that he needed lower body strength and tenacity, two attributes that I think we drill into our o-linemen. Will probably be a bit of a project, but has a lot of upside.

He just doesnt seem like a prototype TO offensive lineman....I like the pick up because he chose us on acedemics.....

Didn't mean to take it out just on you... I just get so sick of the same old crap sometimes. It's an awesome pick-up, so let's just be proud. He's 6'6" and 340, and obviously very athletic. If he can't play OL, he sure as f*** can play nose.

Didn't mean to take it out just on you... I just get so sick of the same old crap sometimes. It's an awesome pick-up, so let's just be proud. He's 6'6" and 340, and obviously very athletic. If he can't play OL, he sure as f*** can play nose.

I agree bro!! No offense taken...I luv the pick up...but have some questions about if he really fits...

I agree bro!! No offense taken...I luv the pick up...but have some questions about if he really fits...

he's camped at tech the last 3 years, iirc. the coaches know that he can get it done in our system. i think it's his footwork that allows him to do what we need at that size.

he's camped at tech the last 3 years, iirc. the coaches know that he can get it done in our system. i think it's his footwork that allows him to do what we need at that size.

Agreed. Kid also said CPJ has been recruiting him since he was 14. And he respects that. Considering his #2 (FSU), he obviously cares more about school than p***y, an admirable quality nowadays.

ajc said:
“I don’t know why everybody thought I was going to Georgia,” he said. “Like I know people in the football community thought I was going to Georgia. All my teachers heard about that, looked at me and said, ‘With what you do here, we can’t see you at Georgia.’

Anytime a commit gives the shaft to Georgia. He's okay in my book. Welcome to the Flats, Shamire!

ajc said:
"While Devine said he’s 100-percent committed to Georgia Tech, he plans to take official visits to two other schools. “One of the visits will be to the UK [Kentucky] because they were the first school to offer me a scholarship. I’m also going to Florida State because I promised them I would.”

Should we be worry that he will be taking official visits to these schools while committed to us? He says he's 100%. If so, why is he still planning these visits?

Even though he's like 350 pounds, the kid can move. If he sticks with Tech there is no doubt in my mind that he will thrive in this offense.

Should we be worry that he will be taking official visits to these schools while committed to us? He says he's 100%. If so, why is he still planning these visits?

It sounds like he's just doing it "out of respect" so to speak. Almost as though he feels obligated.

It sounds like he's just doing it "out of respect" so to speak. Almost as though he feels obligated.

Yeah, that's the kinda vibe I got on that also. Anyways, this is a great pickup for CPJ and GT. It shows that they are looking to get quality out of this class and are being selective with the few 'ships we have this year. Congrats to Shamire for choosing your schooling over a football factory. Classy young man.. :biggthumpup:

Because if he didn't fit then PJ would still recruit him just to make some waves with the "stars" crowd.:rolleyes:

Just a hunch, but I would guess he's going to UK because they gave him his first offer and FSU becase he said he would.

So if anything, that should make us less worried, right? He's showing Kentucky respect. And he's fulfilling a committment that he made to FSU. Respectful and a man of his word.

Having stud players that would fit into any system is a good thing.

People make too big a deal of the "type" of linemen we are looking for. As far as I'm concerned, our 2008 and 2009 offenses were unstopable...and that was with "pro-style" guys running our system on the OL. Hell, bring in more PRO GUYS! Isn't Uzzi our best lineman? He's a pro style guy, too!

This guy is going to stick out on our OL. The obvoius non-symmetry of it is going to bug me. That is, until we run the rocket toss for a 40 yard gain.

yeah I think the "smaller, quicker linemen" thing was just something to make us feel better about not getting top tier guys...

He probably saw one of the threads about F$U moving to the big 12.

Welcome. If I remember correctly he's from my ole neck of the woods, East Point. Sounds like a good kid. How often do we here "I just want to go to the best school in computers...football doesn't matter..."

Back