Cool pic, few comments

The former staff was really good at some things, but marketing and outreach was not one of them.

Tis true. Not just former football players as you noted, baseball and golf money coming in also. And even some sidewalk nerd money. lol

Good. The lifeblood. It's a shame that it has taken this long for GT to understand that more $$$ is needed. Shows what a terrible AD hire MBoob was and that TStan does in fact, "get it."

I hope that those on this board that didn't have tickets for whatever reason(s), pony up and get them now.

Good. The lifeblood. It's a shame that it has taken this long for GT to understand that more $$$ is needed. Shows what a terrible AD hire MBoob was and that TStan does in fact, "get it."

I hope that those on this board that didn't have tickets for whatever reason(s), pony up and get them now.

It's time to put up or shut up

So do you think Georgia Tech is paying Waffle House to use its plane/planes? Or since they are giving Waffle House plenty of exposure, that’s enough?

Close friend is good buddies with former player. Said athletes are pouring money into the program. Most had held back during the CPJ tenure...take it for what it's worth.

While I am glad that they are supporting now, I also think it’s crappy that they didn’t before.

The only legit reason to withhold, in my opinion, is if you think the current folks are morally or ethically questionable. Don’t not support GT because you don’t like the coaches personality or style of offense.

While I am glad that they are supporting now, I also think it’s crappy that they didn’t before.

The only legit reason to withhold, in my opinion, is if you think the current folks are morally or ethically questionable. Don’t not support GT because you don’t like the coaches personality or style of offense.

Agreed. But, "water under the bridge" "better late than never" "IIWII" etc. If this is what it took, fine, just keep it going.

I think it was a matter of someone asking for help. Sometimes that's all it takes. IMO it had nothing to do with previous personalities or styles.

I think it was a matter of someone asking for help. Sometimes that's all it takes. IMO it had nothing to do with previous personalities or styles.

I get all that.

I just think true GT fans hang in thru it all. Unless, like I said, you object to something morally or ethically.

I’ve watched my old man faithfully buy tickets and attend games thru some really crappy times (over the span of 5 decades), when showing up to games felt like getting punched in face.

That’s true support.

So do you think Georgia Tech is paying Waffle House to use its plane/planes? Or since they are giving Waffle House plenty of exposure, that’s enough?
I have no inside knowledge but I would be surprised if GT wasn't paying something for them. Probably a cheap price that covers fuel and maintenance and the like.

Why would you think CPJ didn't ask or didn't reach out? My suspicion is that he thought he did, and they thought he didn't, or something about it just didn't inspire them. Now they're inspired. That's not a condemnation of them or CPJ. Sometimes it just takes a different voice, and that's not anyone's "fault."

Why would you think CPJ didn't ask or didn't reach out? My suspicion is that he thought he did, and they thought he didn't, or something about it just didn't inspire them. Now they're inspired. That's not a condemnation of them or CPJ. Sometimes it just takes a different voice, and that's not anyone's "fault."

He did. Had more to do with previous crappy AD. I’m willing to assign whatever blame (at least the majority of it) to Mboob. CPJ had mentioned that TStan gets it early on. TStan started the capital campaign initiative. Can’t think of anything Mboob did other than collect an undeserved paycheck from GT.

Regardless, I’m glad to see the welcome change of more support ($$$) and resources.

Back