Cool pic, few comments

ramblin57

Varsity Lurker
Folks that think they know better how folks that made the money ought to spend their money should go make the money themselves and then they can put all they want into what ever place they want to put it. Nobody is stopping you from going to make it, so go do it and give it all to GT AA or give it to CPJ or CCG or GOL or whatever. Some people, WOW!!

33jacket

Dodd-Like
Close friend is good buddies with former player. Said athletes are pouring money into the program. Most had held back during the CPJ tenure...take it for what it's worth.
Well. Its not necessarily athletes that made money from athletics though. So.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
Close friend is good buddies with former player. Said athletes are pouring money into the program. Most had held back during the CPJ tenure...take it for what it's worth.
weird. If true, I wonder why? I have a hard time believing PJ would be an asshole to someone who played under Gailey or the Fridge, much less his own former players or ex-GT-golfers, tennis players, etc.

whatever - keep on pouring!

Last edited:

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
While I am glad that they are supporting now, I also think it’s crappy that they didn’t before.

The only legit reason to withhold, in my opinion, is if you think the current folks are morally or ethically questionable. Don’t not support GT because you don’t like the coaches personality or style of offense.
Withholding money is a form of silent protest. Clearly, players prior to CPJ couldn't have had any grudges against him so it sounds like they wanted a change in the direction of the program...and got it.
Whatever - just win, damnit.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
I'm doing my part by continuing to gorge at WH at every opportunity but now I make sure to wear GT Attire when I'm there.
Effien A. I am as well.

And since there is no limit to craziness in fandom - many new WH have tile splash plates that are now red/black instead of their traditional white / gold.

I have complained to corporate.

So take that!

The Champ

Dodd-Like
weird. If true, I wonder why? I have a hard time believing PJ would be an asshole to someone who played under Gailey or the Fridge, much less his own former players or ex-GT-golfers, tennis players, etc.

whatever - keep on pouring!
Heard at least one story of him being a real arse to a former GT player. Well to do guy that played in the 70s, casued a little blow up internally as he had close ties to the program. It was early in Paul’s tenure as well—didn’t really care at the time because we were rolling. Maybe there were more? Who knows.

Geoff obviously has ties to anyone that played for George or Chan. If anyone in that group felt closed off from the program before, they probably saw a new coach as their opportunity to jump back in. Hiring 5 prominent alums to his staff only intensified the support he’s going to pull in from former players—so not surprising we’re seeing that. Dipping into the Waffle House well, that’s just a genius move to connect to their resources and connect brands

Killick

“The past is never dead. It's not even past.”
I'm still PO'ed that Bobby Bowden was using a Florida state government plane for his recruiting trips. IIRC, he was a state employee also. Not sure if that is still going on.

GTce93

Varsity Lurker
Heard at least one story of him being a real arse to a former GT player. Well to do guy that played in the 70s, casued a little blow up internally as he had close ties to the program. It was early in Paul’s tenure as well—didn’t really care at the time because we were rolling. Maybe there were more? Who knows.

Geoff obviously has ties to anyone that played for George or Chan. If anyone in that group felt closed off from the program before, they probably saw a new coach as their opportunity to jump back in. Hiring 5 prominent alums to his staff only intensified the support he’s going to pull in from former players—so not surprising we’re seeing that. Dipping into the Waffle House well, that’s just a genius move to connect to their resources and connect brands
So, he really just didn't engage us at all from my perspective. Others will surely have different opinions. Letterwinner meetings- when he spoke to us, it was mostly a "real quick / gotta go do something" type thing; Letterwinner Golf outings- wouldn't show up (even Gailey came and would play a particular hole with every group)- sent another coach, etc. Not being salty- don't take it the wrong way- but wanted to give you at least one person's insight. It was more disinterest maybe than anything. Pastner showing how much he wants former players back- obviously Geoff is on that same train and even hiring former players, which I think is great. Feel like we're more wanted back to help the program. The energy and excitement coming back in is great to see- which is a testament to Todd and what he wants for the entirety of the athletic program. I really started giving more for Todd's vision- before Geoff was brought in- and I'm very passionate about GT and what it can / should be. CGC is reinforcing that.

So, he really just didn't engage us at all from my perspective. Others will surely have different opinions. Letterwinner meetings- when he spoke to us, it was mostly a "real quick / gotta go do something" type thing; Letterwinner Golf outings- wouldn't show up (even Gailey came and would play a particular hole with every group)- sent another coach, etc. Not being salty- don't take it the wrong way- but wanted to give you at least one person's insight. It was more disinterest maybe than anything. Pastner showing how much he wants former players back- obviously Geoff is on that same train and even hiring former players, which I think is great. Feel like we're more wanted back to help the program. The energy and excitement coming back in is great to see- which is a testament to Todd and what he wants for the entirety of the athletic program. I really started giving more for Todd's vision- before Geoff was brought in- and I'm very passionate about GT and what it can / should be. CGC is reinforcing that.
The part about the golf outings is surprising.

beerbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll find out. Have a connection in the president's office......
Didn't get much info other than what we already know. Definitely not a GT jet earmarked for recruiting. Some charters and whatever WH offers.