CPJ cant manage a close game

Fire Pete John
29F25F3B-213C-408A-842E-46BB11E4A014.jpeg
son. He keeps sending Tavares Oliver out there.

I don't support the OP, but it's more fun if someone will argue the other side, so:

CPJ already admitted not going for the field goal was a mistake. If we had the extra 3 points then it never even gets to a tie game.
CPJ should have challenged the spot on the 3rd down play that lead to our turn over on downs. We have the lead, so we probably don't need all 3 timeouts. Burn one and challenge it.
CPJ's game management did not get the interception. That was just a great play by Anree.

Having said that, CPJ engineered a great touchdown drive when we desperately needed it. Then ran the clock and got the field goal on the second.

@MACHETE

You need to man up and eat your crow in this thread. I'm always trying to tell my son, people are a lot more impressed with someone who can admit they were wrong rather than pretend they were right.
He still cant manage a lead worth a crap. Should have never been that close.

I don't support the OP, but it's more fun if someone will argue the other side, so:

CPJ already admitted not going for the field goal was a mistake. If we had the extra 3 points then it never even gets to a tie game.
CPJ should have challenged the spot on the 3rd down play that lead to our turn over on downs. We have the lead, so we probably don't need all 3 timeouts. Burn one and challenge it.
CPJ's game management did not get the interception. That was just a great play by Anree.

Having said that, CPJ engineered a great touchdown drive when we desperately needed it. Then ran the clock and got the field goal on the second.

Agreed - CPJ didn't have some masterful game management in the 2nd half today. <50% on 3rd down, 25% on 4th down, and 3 or 4 turnovers. Didn't press the refs on spots..... the 2 INTs in the final minutes by Carpenter and Anree weren't on him. Honestly, the best thing he did in the 2nd half was call the timeout on the final kickoff to prevent a return. Without Nate Woody today is a loss.

I’m a confessed Art fan who would take him in a heartbeat. With that said, I thought Paul called a very good game today. He made 3 bad decisions IMO, but for the remainder of the game I thought he did a good job and the d erased the turnover margin which lead to a double digit victory.

1. Starting Marshall
2. Should have kicked and taken the points
3. On 4th and inches should have just sneaked it.

My biggest complaint has been he’s clock management but didn’t get put into that situation today. I’d call it b+/a- game for him. It was enough to get us a road win which unless your one of the few dominant teams is never a given or easy.

Back