CPJ cant manage a close game

I don't support the OP, but it's more fun if someone will argue the other side, so:

CPJ already admitted not going for the field goal was a mistake. If we had the extra 3 points then it never even gets to a tie game.
CPJ should have challenged the spot on the 3rd down play that lead to our turn over on downs. We have the lead, so we probably don't need all 3 timeouts. Burn one and challenge it.
CPJ's game management did not get the interception. That was just a great play by Anree.

Having said that, CPJ engineered a great touchdown drive when we desperately needed it. Then ran the clock and got the field goal on the second.
Your point on the 3rd down is an interesting one. I thought he made it based on the yellow line. Was it a bad spot actually?

CPJ already admitted not going for the field goal was a mistake. If we had the extra 3 points then it never even gets to a tie game.

I don't think that was a mistake. If we make that first down, the game is already over at the half. If we miss it, then we still have a lot of great opportunity to win the game. Seems like a no brainer to me. I'd go for it 10 times out of 10.

There's nothing wrong with second-guessing decisions made over the course of the game, but people who obsess and whine about every bad outcome are ignoring all the decisions and play-making that were successful. Usually, it's because the whiners are simple-minded folks who have never had any real executive decision-making responsibilities in their life, and don't know what it's like to be second-guessed.

Back