CPJ doesn't seem thrilled...

agreed. Problem is, we were falling behind Duke and Pitt too.

Our RS Sr class had a losing record against Duke. Pitt, I don’t know. But that same class performed better than either of those programs, despite having a harder route due to Clemson.

Head to head, Duke has had our number, but we haven’t fallen behind them as a program.

Cutt should retire next year though. Part of Duke’s rise has been due to us running the triple. They got QBs, TE, WR, and some OL that normally would have gone to us. I believe with CGC, they will choose GT again. Duke’s offense is going to downgrade on talent over the next 4 years. In 4 years, I expect Duke to drop down to Wake’s level again.

Our RS Sr class had a losing record against Duke. Pitt, I don’t know. But that same class performed better than either of those programs, despite having a harder route due to Clemson.

Head to head, Duke has had our number, but we haven’t fallen behind them as a program.

Cutt should retire next year though. Part of Duke’s rise has been due to us running the triple. They got QBs, TE, WR, and some OL that normally would have gone to us. I believe with CGC, they will choose GT again. Duke’s offense is going to downgrade on talent over the next 4 years. In 4 years, I expect Duke to drop down to Wake’s level again.

The infamous Cut quotes were in 2014, and since CPJ's quip back about Cut not having any receivers in the NFL he's owned us. I had to dig to find some quotes from that thread years ago:

"If you're a defensive player you're not excited about spring practice ..." "You're not seeing what you're gonna see at the next level if you're a 'pro prospect'".

"If you're a receiver ... why?"

"If you're a bigtime back you're not doing what you'll be doing in the NFL ..."

Can't wait to start curbstomping them again. We were 6-0 vs Duke with CPJ before that.

That was 2014, and since CPJ's quip back about Cut not having any receivers in the NFL he's owned us. I had to dig to find some quotes from that thread years ago:

Can't wait to start curbstomping them again. We were 6-0 vs Duke with CPJ before that.

Yeah, receiver and RB will improve immensely. I think the zone read/wait for blocking will benefit Howard. He took so long to develop because he was tentative on flying straight into the line like a FB.

Scheme will help too. I think TO will be a decent passer in the RPO if that is what CGC installs.

In to say there is no reason to CPJ vs CGC. Johnson is a hell of a football coach and will be missed. Collins is a solid coach for now and has a chance to make his mark at GT. Love CPJ and will Love CGC if he can move GT football forward. I’m hoping GT gives Collins the budget for a good staff. Not sure how he will be without. A lot of the rest of this thread is a pile of crap hating on either.

Back