CPJ has one year Wanted UT job

one of the better offensive minds in the country
Oh-Wait-Youre-Serious_o_97195.gif

Now that is world-class analysis. Why wouldn't it be a great loss? I am sure it would on a temporary basis at least.

I’m indifferent but would be okay if he leaves. BUT we will experience some bad football for 3-5 years after he leaves. The players in our offense now won’t translate well in more traditional offenses.

The attorney for Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnsonreached out via text message to then-Tennessee athletic director John Currie, according to Currie's phone records.

Here is what Jack Reale texted to Currie at 10:52 p.m. on Nov. 30, the night before Currie was suspended by Tennessee Chancellor Beverly Davenport: "Mr. Currie I represent Paul Johnson of Ga Tech. He has interest in your HC position. I can be reached at (redacted). Best Regards Jack Reale."
I blame him on several levels... (1) Of course it feels like a bit of a betrayal. He can't ask for patience from the fanbase and not be willing to give it back. (2) It also seems like foolishness on his part. Does he really think UT would be interested when his record here has been so mixed? He was coming off a pretty miserable year, in which he got beat by the same UT coach that was fired by this AD.

Personally I think PJ would be very successful at a school like UT. Not many restrictions on who he could recruit and I believe UT has deep enough pockets to attract a decent DC. Tech and UT have had issues on that side of the ball for some time. ST would probably be improved since UT has historically attracted solid kickers. JMHO!

If he could continue the recruiting success that UT has had in the past, it would be interesting. I think at UT he could repeat the success he had at Georgia Southern where he didn’t have to recruit academically minded kids like he did at Navy and Tech.

If he could continue the recruiting success that UT has had in the past, it would be interesting. I think at UT he could repeat the success he had at Georgia Southern where he didn’t have to recruit academically minded kids like he did at Navy and Tech.
Top rated kids don’t want to play in his offense

Top rated kids don’t want to play in his offense

Sure, compared to all the top-flight offensive talent we got with Gailey.

It's too bad Arizona didn't hire Niumatalolo, just to settle these arguments. I've had more questions about CPJ personally, but I still think the anti-TO arguments are still dumb. All the option offenses from under shotgun are basically the same öööö. But since you have shotgun instead of under center and screen passes instead of pitches, it's exciting and dynamic unlike the stale TO.

Hmmm,

Could not blame CPJ after dealing with the elitist tudes of many Techsters and Hill nerds.
Having to put up with the bluster of all the rich GT alums who never give enough $ to the GTAA, trying to deal with Alum Assn that seemingly, at times, tries to hurt GTAA.

At same time many claim we don’t seem to have players that could run a different O. Who knows? How did we have players that could run this O when CPJ came in?

Many said we could never do better than CCG. Did we?

Going into year 11, and yet another DC. Why is CPJ getting it right this time? Or is it yet another way to refocus attention away from the bigger problem?

If he wanted to go to ut - bye.

Of the teams we play in 2018, that we have played at least once since 2008, we have a winning % of, I believe, appx 48%. Is this our goal?

All the pro CPJ people say is "well we've never been good at recruiting." You want us to just accept that and give up? CPJ has and im tired of him

Didn't we literally just have a fund raising push to add more recruiting staff? Doesn't exactly sound like something that a coach who has given up on recruiting would support.

Back