CPJ Mad Bro

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy

What’s this all about?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Love CPJ, but we couldn't just continue to sit back and be Clemson's whipping boy and that's where we were headed. Some other team in the ACC needs to put their BBP's on and play for Natty's. Wasn't gonna happen playing option football how we were

The Champ

Dodd-Like
What other people think has always eaten him up. Kind of an interesting study

Fan apathy and the downward trend ultimately said it was time to move on

Overall win% about the same as the previous guy; a little worse if you just look at FBS games

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
Y'all are talking like he got fired. Keep in mind CPJ retired, and he did it without a buyout and at a time that gave us the opportunity to figure out a new HC before 2019 NSD. I'm grateful to CPJ not only for his time here, but for doing his part to facilitate the transition.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
Y'all are talking like he got fired. Keep in mind CPJ retired, and he did it without a buyout and at a time that gave us the opportunity to figure out a new HC before 2019 NSD. I'm grateful to CPJ not only for his time here, but for doing his part to facilitate the transition.
1) He quit because he knew the coming few seasons were going to kick his ass since he’d stopped any semblance of recruiting. And as his tweet above shows, he wants to be able to brag about losing seasons in the ACC for some dumbass reason.
2) He got paid $1M to go the öööö away
3) Since being paid to go away, he’s tried his hardest to öööö all over his successor to prove himself right that he was doing better than anyone else could have

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
I loved CPJ and his offense but I wish we could just stop talking about whether he was a success, and that he didn't feel the need to respond to Internet criticism like this. You can't please everyone.

Old-Fashioned UGA Hater

Varsity Lurker
What's crazy is that he says he's responding...but to whom?
It really rings empty and sounds like he's responding to some random tweet he read. If he was quoting a journalist or article or something it would hold more validity. Furthermore counting losing seasons was a thing we hadn't done since Bill Lewis. Just because you had "x" many losing seasons isn't a stat to brag about. We used to never have losing seasons and held the most consecutive bowl record for a while so I don't see why that's a bragging point. I know he mentions it's ACC record but he doesn't do himself any favors by chiming in. Again before any öööö storm I appreciated CPJ's time here. I also can't wait until were are completely out of the TO shadow and hearing from the wahoo's who think CPJ was forced out.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
No one has any reason to crap on the tenure/record of Johnson’s teams at GT. The best are as good as any in most of GT history. The overall record is good by GT standards.

He also retired; and wasn’t fired. Collins praised Johnson’s on field success and did a lot to help many of his recruits have success.

There has been a lot of commentary about the roster and the transition. I don’t see how anyone can discount that. If Johnson or Johnson fanboys take that as an insult then it seems overly defensive.

Does Johnson not know how Twitter works? He doesn’t know how to respond directly to a tweet?

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
Ken posted a thread with someone's completely arbitrary approach to evaluating GT coaches... maybe that was it?