CPJ Mad Bro

Yeah, and everyone was saying the transition off the paulbone would suck since the day Paul was hired and yet the ACC coaches have their knickers twisted that CGC says it. Thats some snowflake öööö right there.

Especially funny given they whined for a decade that his system was dirty. They are mad purely because they lost a negative recruiting angle.

Why do you all get your panties in a wad over CPJ? I mean, he is the last GT coach to beat UGA or Clemson, deserves a little respect.

We had some good years and some bad years. I'd rather be on the rollercoaster of highs and lows than the rollercoaster of mediocrity that was Chan Gailey. So far with Collins, we are still in the two hour long line to even get on the rollercoaster.

Hell, even Bill Curry never said anything that would reflect negatively on what he inherited but what Curry took over was ten times worse than what CGC took over.

This is simply not true. If you're going to pony up and make such a statement you're going to have to fill me in for your reasoning. In the modern era of college football if you think CGC switch from the TO to a modern pro style was suppose to be a somewhat easy transition your delusional. The coach is getting killed for winning 6 games in two seasons. With a vocal portion (mostly uneducated) of the fan base giving CGC no leeway during the rebuild, if I were him, I'd think I'd have to remind people of the task at hand too. I would had done the same thing that he's done and bring in a million transfers to play immediately because he knows he has to go to a bowl game to temper expectations for a milla-second. Once CGC starts stacking these recruiting classes and 2022 will be the most telling we are going to see a team on that Flats the likes of which we've never seen especially depth wise. IT JUST TAKES TIME.

This is simply not true. If you're going to pony up and make such a statement you're going to have to fill me in for your reasoning. In the modern era of college football if you think CGC switch from the TO to a modern pro style was suppose to be a somewhat easy transition your delusional. The coach is getting killed for winning 6 games in two seasons. With a vocal portion (mostly uneducated) of the fan base giving CGC no leeway during the rebuild, if I were him, I'd think I'd have to remind people of the task at hand too. I would had done the same thing that he's done and bring in a million transfers to play immediately because he knows he has to go to a bowl game to temper expectations for a milla-second. Once CGC starts stacking these recruiting classes and 2022 will be the most telling we are going to see a team on that Flats the likes of which we've never seen especially depth wise. IT JUST TAKES TIME.
If you think Bill Curry had an easier path then CGC then I will turn you over to the vultures to pick over your bones.

Either you were not here in 1980 (I was) or you have forgotten much. I'm actually not that much of a Curry fan but what that man accomplished given what he started with is nothing short of miraculous. Don't get me started on this - you are missing a lot of information.

First, if not for the ACC lifeline, Tech football likely wouldn't even exist today or at least in its current form.

Second, the difference between Tech and the Haves today is a canyon. The difference between Tech and the Haves in late 70s and early 80s was intergalactic.

If you think Bill Curry had an easier path then CGC then I will turn you over to the vultures to pick over your bones.

Either you were not here in 1980 (I was) or you have forgotten much. I'm actually not that much of a Curry fan but what that man accomplished given what he started with is nothing short of miraculous. Don't get me started on this - you are missing a lot of information.
We'll if you're not going to elaborate or "educate" me, I guess we can agree the two coaches actually have a lot in common too. At least the two coaches first two seasons are similar in many regards.

Who do we need to star in the "The Flats," a commercial about The ReUnited Fans of Georgia Tech?

CPJ - no
Bill Curry - no way
Dave Braine - WTF?
Bobby Ross - maybe but too old.
Bobby Cremains - maybe but young fans may not understand.
Calvin Johnson!!!
Tashard Choice!!!

Edit to add Roddy Jones

First, if not for the ACC lifeline, Tech football likely wouldn't even exist today or at least in its current form.

Second, the difference between Tech and the Haves today is a canyon. The difference between Tech and the Haves in late 70s and early 80s was intergalactic.
Well tell me this. Did Curry have a large portion of the fan base killing him in his first two years when he won a total of TWO games?

Well tell me this. Did Curry have a large portion of the fan base killing him in his first two years when he won a total of TWO games?
Worse. Rarely anyone cared and the vocal minority wanted to drop classifications because they thought Tech football and Tech sports for that matter were over.

Thank God for the ACC.

We'll if you're not going to elaborate or "educate" me, I guess we can agree the two coaches actually have a lot in common too. At least the two coaches first two seasons are similar in many regards.
Dear Lord, man - why is it my job to educate you? If you don't have first hand knowledge of the depths our program had fallen to in the late 1970s then look it up, ask questions, do some homework. If you don't have reason to challenge the generally accepted assertion that our program was within an eyelash of shutting down, then you need to read up. But for Homer Rice, we might not even have a football program - there were many on the GT BOD who were ready to drop the sport. Thank God Joseph Pettit wasn't on board - I spoke to him at the time - he (alone) understood from the days of Dodd that football was a revenue machine so he hired Rice and allowed Rice to hire Curry to fix the dumpster fire that was GT football. You really have no idea what you are talking about and I have no further interest in bringing you up to date.

In 1980, we had the worst program in Division I if not all Divisions. In 1984, Curry curb-stomped Vince Dooley's team three years removed from an NC in Athens then beat them again in 1985.

So don't spout off some BS then make it my job to supply the necessary evidence to refute your point. Next time, bring your own damn evidence.

“Exited with class”

:bowrofl:

More like “exited while telling everyone that it wasn’t his fault his seasons since 2014 sucked dick andhow Pissed off he was that Collins dared insinuate his recruiting sucked”.

To be fair, does one's recruiting suck if they aren't really recruiting?

1612889238720.png

Dear Lord, man - why is it my job to educate you? If you don't have first hand knowledge of the depths our program had fallen to in the late 1970s then look it up, ask questions, do some homework. If you don't have reason to challenge the generally accepted assertion that our program was within an eyelash of shutting down, then you need to read up. But for Homer Rice, we might not even have a football program - there were many on the GT BOD who were ready to drop the sport. Thank God Joseph Pettit wasn't on board - I spoke to him at the time - he (alone) understood from the days of Dodd that football was a revenue machine so he hired Rice and allowed Rice to hire Curry to fix the dumpster fire that was GT football. You really have no idea what you are talking about and I have no further interest in bringing you up to date.

In 1980, we had the worst program in Division I if not all Divisions. In 1984, Curry curb-stomped Vince Dooley's team three years removed from an NC in Athens then beat them again in 1985.

So don't spout off some BS then make it my job to supply the necessary evidence to refute your point. Next time, bring your own damn evidence.
I was just asking you to raise some points. You don't have to read a story to me or get so butt hurt because I asked you to be more specific. You are talking more of the history of Tech football, which I have read plenty about and know what Tech was up against. I'm comparing the two transitions logistically which are pretty similar in some regards. You say worse Division I program huh in 1980? We were pretty bad in 2019 right? Ok lets go four years removed and see what CGC has got. I guess we're going to have to wait and see if the a-hole portion of our fan-base can show a little patience. It's not a pissing contest. Both situations were going to be pretty ööööty. We can all just hope that CGC doesn't jump ship after he's built up the program to sustained success.

Secondly I was replying to YOUR comment that Coach Curry's transition was 10x worse. Those were your words not mine that I was disagreeing with. So don't put words in my mouth asshole.

I was just asking you to raise some points. You don't have to read a story to me or get so butt hurt because I asked you to be more specific. You are talking more of the history of Tech football, which I have read plenty about and know what Tech was up against. I'm comparing the two transitions logistically which are pretty similar in some regards. You say worse Division I program huh in 1980? We were pretty bad in 2019 right? Ok lets go four years removed and see what CGC has got. I guess we're going to have to wait and see if the a-hole portion of our fan-base can show a little patience. It's not a pissing contest. Both situations were going to be pretty ööööty. We can all just hope that CGC doesn't jump ship after he's built up the program to sustained success.
When you compare 2019 to 1980, there really is no comparison. While our rosters in those two years relative to our peer programs may have been relatively similar, our program and facilities in 1980 were not even as good as some high school programs in the state. Imagine trying to recruit kids when their high-school had better facilities then we did.

I'm not butthurt about any of this but the historical context of this discussion is highly relevant and you seem to be unaware of it. Your handle implies that you go back a ways but I'm not so sure. So take note from those of us that have paid our dues and have the historical perspective.

When you are a new coach, come in and do your job. Don’t blame your problems on the previous coach. If you inherited a mess, there are media types and supporters capable of defending you. When you speak as if you inherited the worst talent situation imaginable you are trashing the first generation of athletes you coach at that school. You are also alienating the former coach and staff, players loyal to that coach, and alumni loyal to that coach. It profits you nothing to use the previous coach as an excuse for losing seasons.

When you compare 2019 to 1980, there really is no comparison. While our rosters in those two years relative to our peer programs may have been relatively similar, our program and facilities in 1980 were not even as good as some high school programs in the state. Imagine trying to recruit kids when their high-school had better facilities then we did.

I'm not butthurt about any of this but the historical context of this discussion is highly relevant and you seem to be unaware of it. Your handle implies that you go back a ways but I'm not so sure. So take note from those of us that have paid our dues and have the historical perspective.
Listen thanks for your insight and I know the historical significance of this time can't be overstated and I have read about it. I lived though it as a child and don't remember the way I'm sure you do. I just think the similarities of the situations would give CGC a little leeway instead of doing the opposite. I guess Curry worked out for a couple of great years so it was worth it. I wonder if CGC has the same success will the fans forget about the first two years or will they stand they're ground and remind us of the Citadel game in 2019 and the Clemson game in 2020?

Back