CPJ on ESPN

It’ll be fantastic til he says something like “that’s not what your wife said last night” to Mack Brown. I can’t remember exactly what he said on the call in show one night, but it was something along those lines. He’ll get too comfortable and will say something funny and espn will cry about it and go all social justice warrior and ban him from speaking further

He alluded to this a few weeks ago at that valedictory party. I think he'll do fine. He should be much more relaxed when it's not his team getting critiqued.

Johnson will be a part of ESPN’s coverage of the Cotton Bowl on Saturday between No. 2 Clemson and No. 3 Notre Dame. Johnson will be part of the “Coaches Film Room” (broadcast on ESPN News), as he’ll break down the game in real time along with North Carolina coach Mack Brown, Wake Forest coach Dave Clawson and Memphis coach Mike Norvell. ESPN made the announcement Thursday.

Mack Brown?

This sounds more interesting than the actual game, honestly.

It’ll be fantastic til he says something like “that’s not what your wife said last night” to Mack Brown. I can’t remember exactly what he said on the call in show one night, but it was something along those lines. He’ll get too comfortable and will say something funny and espn will cry about it and go all social justice warrior and ban him from speaking further

That would be epic.

Wow Paul did you see that play!!!!
It’s not as good as it seems

Wow Paul I can’t believe he missed that block!!!!
It’s not as bad as it seems

Paul what’s your take away from this game?
It is what it is

What was your favorite moment from this game?
I’ll have to check the tape

I watched the national championship live with the coaches last year and it’s ten times better this way. My wife went to the game so I was home alone and got a chance to watch it this way. Real analysis, plus it really showed the intelligence these coaches have for the game. I loved it, and I can’t wait to hear CPJ’s opinions and observations. I’ve meet him, and he’s a lot different in person than his public persona. A nice guy who’s quick and witty with wisecracks. Probably not p.c. enough for ESPN long term.

Back