CPJ on ESPN

I watched the national championship live with the coaches last year and it’s ten times better this way. My wife went to the game so I was home alone and got a chance to watch it this way. Real analysis, plus it really showed the intelligence these coaches have for the game. I loved it, and I can’t wait to hear CPJ’s opinions and observations. I’ve meet him, and he’s a lot different in person than his public persona. A nice guy who’s quick and witty with wisecracks. Probably not p.c. enough for ESPN long term.
I wish every telecast pro and college was a coaches round table.

I'm curious if he calls other coaches out on their öööö.

PJ will do fine. He just has to keep the governor on - back in the day, and I've told this story before, he was giving a postgame presser when he was at Southern. Southern had a punt blocked. So he was asked about that.
"We just f-----g turned a guy loose."
(I think in print it became Johnson said there was a breakdown in punt protection)
Yeah, with everything videoed now, he wasn't going to be able to be that ... at ease ... with the press.
you put him in the right situation, like with Wes or Brandon on the call in show, he's fine. It would be better to see him on the same panel with Gary Patterson because I think they're good friends.
Of course, I can see this exchange happening. ...
Other coach: "Hey, who let the retiree in here?"
PJ: "Yeah, Mack, how did you get in here?"

I want one of those sweaters. It sucks that all of our good merch isn't for sale to us plebs.

They haven't quite figured out how to handle the replays yet. Using the clicker to move the film forward and backward is pretty dang confusing. When is it live and when is it Memorex?

They haven't quite figured out how to handle the replays yet. Using the clicker to move the film forward and backward is pretty dang confusing. When is it live and when is it Memorex?

Yeah, I have to keep looking at the tiny ESPN live feed in the corner to figure out what’s actually going on.

JRjr

Back