CW Veiwership

week9cfb.png
Yikes. I guess Clemson just has that big of an effect.

Yeah I guess if I see G

Gt 38 Virginia 10 I’m not watching any further. Plus I. Will tune into the end of games when I’m flipping
I assume that a "viewer" is counted no matter how long they watched?

Yikes. I guess Clemson just has that big of an effect.
From a national ratings perspective, Clemson has been in the Top 5 for viewership numbers for a decade at this point. Add in playing ND, and truthfully I would have thought that game would been above tOSU-Rutgers.

Is it bad or did no one want to see Tech play Virginia

I had to buy an HD antenna and ended up watching it on a 15 year old TV in the garage like it was 1987... None of the newer TV's in the house would take UHF signal (which was news to me). Why the CW isn't on cable or YouTubeTV or Hulu or any of the other 8000 ways you can watch content in 2023 is why their ratings are so terrible.

In 2012 the agreement was: The deal will provide premier content to numerous ESPN multimedia platforms, including ESPN, ESPN on ABC, ESPN2, WatchESPN.com, ESPNU, ESPN3, ESPN 3D, ESPN Mobile TV, ESPN GamePlan, ESPN FULL COURT, ESPN Buzzer Beater/Goal Line, ESPN International, ESPN Deportes, ESPN Classic and ESPN.com.

The following article broke it down better:

T1-
ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC: The networks will televise ACC games each week, including Thursday, Saturday and a Labor Day Monday telecast each season. The ACC Football Championship Game will continue to be televised each year on ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC.

T2-ESPNU: The 24hour college sports network, currently distributed in more than 70 million households, will continue to televise ACC football.

T3- Syndication: ESPN will sublicense games to Raycom Sports and potentially to additional national outlets. As part of the agreement, Raycom Sports will produce and distribute a package of games for overtheair syndication and for the first time, an additional package of games through regional cable syndication in the ACC markets and beyond.

T3-ESPN3.com: Exclusive ACC game presentations as well as simulcasts will be offered on the broadband network.

Here is our Current 2023 TV Channel selection setup:

T1-
ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC

T2- ACC Network

T3- THE CW: ESPN will sublicense games to Raycom Sports who produce and broadcast the games for THE CW. (FB, MBB, & WBB)

T3-ACCNX/ESPN+: I think a few games per year vs FCS (like 2 FB games this year)

Quick Fact: With the announcement of the Week 12 game for 2023 times and networks, to date, 21 ACC contests are scheduled for national ABC broadcasts, (The ACC has made 32 appearances on ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2 over the first 10 weeks of the season) while the ACC Network will have featured 37 games through 12 weeks.

THE CW SPORTS ACC FOOTBALL RATINGS
As part of this ACC deal, the network will air 13 college football games (T3) this year, along with 28 men's basketball games and nine women's basketball games during the winter, including basketball doubleheaders.

wk2
Cincy @ Pitt, 6:30pm - 617K viewers // Rating 0.32

wk3
VMI @ NC State, 2 pm - 205K viewers // Rating 0.11

wk4
GT @ WAKE, 6:30pm - 332K viewers // Rating 0.2

wk5
UVA @ BC, 2 pm - 367K viewers // Rating 0.2

wk6
Marshall @ NC State, 2 pm - 386Kviewers //Rating 0.2

wk7
Louisville @ Pitt, 6:30pm - 569Kviewers // Rating 0.3

wk8
Virginia @ North Carolina, 6:30pm - 788Kviewers // Rating 0.4

wk9
Clemson @ NC State, 2pm - 642Kviewers // Rating 0.36

wk10
Georgia Tech @ Virginia, 2pm - 262Kviewers // Rating 0.17

wk11
NC State @ WAKE, 2pm - viewers // Rating

wk12 Double Header
Duke @ Virginia, 3pm - viewers // Rating
N. Bama @ FSU, 6:30PM - viewers // Rating

wk13

Link

So far all ACC games on the CW would rank in the top ten of the CW TV shows. All of the games except for (VMI @NC State/ GT@UVA) would have ranked Non Scripted and Scripted Shows.

Top Ten CW programming for 2022-23 (updated 10/10/2023)

ALL SHOWS
1. Walker - 690K viewers
2. Penn & Teller: Fool Us - 667K viewers
3. Superman & Lois - 656K viewers
4. Whose Line - 522K viewers
5. Walker: Independence (cancelled)- 497K viewers
6. The Flash (ended) - 495K viewers
7. All American - 485K viewers
8. ACC Football - 463K viewers after 9 games
9. The Winchesters (cancelled) - 458K viewers
10. DC's Stargirl (cancelled) - 463K viewes
11.The Chosen - 437K viewers
12.World's Funniest Animals - 428K viewers

Taking out cancelled and shows that ended in 2023:
1. Walker - 690K viewers
2. Penn & Teller: Fool Us - 667K viewers
3. Superman & Lois - 656K viewers
4. Whose Line - 522K viewers
5. All American - 485K viewers
6. ACC Football - 463K viewers after 9 games
7.The Chosen - 437K viewers
8.World's Funniest Animals - 428K viewers
9. Family Law - 386K viewers
10. Criss Angel's Magic with the Stars - 372K viewers

I had to buy an HD antenna and ended up watching it on a 15 year old TV in the garage like it was 1987... None of the newer TV's in the house would take UHF signal (which was news to me). Why the CW isn't on cable or YouTubeTV or Hulu or any of the other 8000 ways you can watch content in 2023 is why their ratings are so terrible.
My HD Antenna has a CoAxial Cable on it. My TV is not that old. Do the newer TV's not have a CoAxial Cable Port on them?

THE CW SPORTS ACC FOOTBALL RATINGS
As part of this ACC deal, the network will air 13 college football games (T3) this year, along with 28 men's basketball games and nine women's basketball games during the winter, including basketball doubleheaders.

wk2
Cincy @ Pitt, 6:30pm - 617K viewers // Rating 0.32

wk3
VMI @ NC State, 2 pm - 205K viewers // Rating 0.11

wk4
GT @ WAKE, 6:30pm - 332K viewers // Rating 0.2

wk5
UVA @ BC, 2 pm - 367K viewers // Rating 0.2

wk6
Marshall @ NC State, 2 pm - 386Kviewers //Rating 0.2

wk7
Louisville @ Pitt, 6:30pm - 569Kviewers // Rating 0.3

wk8
Virginia @ North Carolina, 6:30pm - 788Kviewers // Rating 0.4

wk9
Clemson @ NC State, 2pm - 642Kviewers // Rating 0.36

wk10
Georgia Tech @ Virginia, 2pm - 262Kviewers // Rating 0.17

wk11
NC State @ WAKE, 2pm - viewers // Rating

wk12 Double Header
Duke @ Virginia, 3pm - viewers // Rating
N. Bama @ FSU, 6:30PM - viewers // Rating

wk13

Link
Thanks for putting it together. Pretty pathetic showing, though UVA certainly shares the blame.

My HD Antenna has a CoAxial Cable on it. My TV is not that old. Do the newer TV's not have a CoAxial Cable Port on them?

I think the question is whether these TVs have tuners in them or are they basically monitors?

JRjr

Sometimes you need to re-scan your over the air tuner to add new stations or in case they have changed the digital channel frequencies.

“TVs” do, yes. It's required by law. Here's where it gets tricky. You may have bought what you thought was a TV but actually isn't.

Several manufacturers skirted around the law by advertising their TVs without a tuner as a High Definition Display. So you might have seen a Black Friday ad for a 60″ Smart 4K High Definition Display and figured it had everything. Well, including other short cuts like building the troublesome TCON board directly into the screen, or using half as many LEDs as required, or using a cheap hot-running combination main board and power supply, they also leave out the tuner with coax connector.

Thanks for putting it together. Pretty pathetic showing, though UVA certainly shares the blame.
Look at the matchups overall. Not very good. This is like the old Raycom type game weekly. UVA-UNC was with an undefeated team at the time, and prob had an influx of viewers in the 4th quarter since it was an “upset alert” game.

I mean, Clemson-NCSU has been the only game with teams with winning records. Add in the fact they are 2 of the biggest fanbases in the ACC.

It's not on YouTubeTV? DAMN, My cable company (WOW) is switching over completely to YouTubeTV in Feb. I am going to be pissed if I can't get all the channels I usually watch.

Back