CW Veiwership

“TVs” do, yes. It's required by law. Here's where it gets tricky. You may have bought what you thought was a TV but actually isn't.

Several manufacturers skirted around the law by advertising their TVs without a tuner as a High Definition Display. So you might have seen a Black Friday ad for a 60″ Smart 4K High Definition Display and figured it had everything. Well, including other short cuts like building the troublesome TCON board directly into the screen, or using half as many LEDs as required, or using a cheap hot-running combination main board and power supply, they also leave out the tuner with coax connector.
99.97% of their customers could not give one öööö about an atsc decoder.

So far all ACC games on the CW would rank in the top ten of the CW TV shows. All of the games except for (VMI @NC State/ GT@UVA) would have ranked Non Scripted and Scripted Shows.

Top Ten CW programming for 2022-23 (updated 10/10/2023)

ALL SHOWS
1. Walker - 690K viewers
2. Penn & Teller: Fool Us - 667K viewers
3. Superman & Lois - 656K viewers
4. Whose Line - 522K viewers
5. Walker: Independence (cancelled)- 497K viewers
6. The Flash (ended) - 495K viewers
7. All American - 485K viewers
8. ACC Football - 463K viewers after 9 games
9. The Winchesters (cancelled) - 458K viewers
10. DC's Stargirl (cancelled) - 463K viewes
11.The Chosen - 437K viewers
12.World's Funniest Animals - 428K viewers

Taking out cancelled and shows that ended in 2023:
1. Walker - 690K viewers
2. Penn & Teller: Fool Us - 667K viewers
3. Superman & Lois - 656K viewers
4. Whose Line - 522K viewers
5. All American - 485K viewers
6. ACC Football - 463K viewers after 9 games
7.The Chosen - 437K viewers
8.World's Funniest Animals - 428K viewers
9. Family Law - 386K viewers
10. Criss Angel's Magic with the Stars - 372K viewers

ACC Football still ahead of Worlds Funniest Animals.

It is on YTTV. Or at least in Atlanta. Might be subject to zip code though. Go HERE to check your zip code.
I just spoke with my cable provider (WOW), and since YTTV carries local stations, any place with a local CW channel should still be able to get it. Whether YTTV has the CW app is uncertain right now

Thanks for putting it together. Pretty pathetic showing, though UVA certainly shares the blame.
I think it is important to keep in mind that these are "Tier 3 " games (as the ACC most desired FB matchups are on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2, our T2 games are on the ACCN) ... I am actually impressed at how well how many people are watching ACC FB on THECW.

This was from a few weeks ago:

1. UCLA @ Stanford 852K - ESPN
2. UVA @ UNC 788K @ CW
3. Wisconsin @ Illinios 603K ESPN
4. Northwestern @ Nebraska 560K BTN
5. Texas Tech @ BYU 545K FS1
6. TCU @ Kansas St 432K ESPN2
7. Rutgers @ Indiana 232K BTN

I thought the CW coverage for France/GT was fine. Just glad it was on TV.

I just spoke with my cable provider (WOW), and since YTTV carries local stations, any place with a local CW channel should still be able to get it. Whether YTTV has the CW app is uncertain right now
As I posted earlier in this thread, go to the link CLICK ME HERE to see whether YTTV carries CW in your zip code. You guys are making this way too complicated.

We've got three pages on what people need to do to get the CW. Perhaps that's a big contributing factor with low viewership.

As I posted earlier in this thread, go to the link CLICK ME HERE to see whether YTTV carries CW in your zip code. You guys are making this way too complicated.
Never having even thought about it before, I wasn't initially sure where to look. I found it though. My question now though is whether I will still be able to view ACCNx. Do I have to pay extra to get the ESPN app using YouTubeTV, or is that included with the basic subscription?

Never having even thought about it before, I wasn't initially sure where to look. I found it though. My question now though is whether I will still be able to view ACCNx. Do I have to pay extra to get the ESPN app using YouTubeTV, or is that included with the basic subscription?
If you have a YouTube tv subscription, it will be free on the ESPN app. You just have to login to your YouTube account through the ESPN app.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the level of production on CW and ACCN games. feels way more professional than the Raycon/Fox South/Charter/Bally productions. honestly doesn't even feel far off from the espn/abc/cbs big dogs.
They also have very good ads during the week for upcoming games they will be carrying.

If you have a YouTube tv subscription, it will be free on the ESPN app. You just have to login to your YouTube account through the ESPN app.
Thanks. That's more or less what I have to do with my cable provider who is dropping their TV package and going to YTTV in February. I am trying to figure out what all I might need to do prior to the switch. Nobody at my cable provider's support number could answer that question

That's how the Tech basketball game last night. When to the ESPN app on my phone where I always check for game scores and updates. Had a big button that said watch beside the score of the game. Clicked that button, it asked for my Youtube TV signin info and the game came up on my phone.

My HD Antenna has a CoAxial Cable on it. My TV is not that old. Do the newer TV's not have a CoAxial Cable Port on them?
The three newest TVs I own do not have coax inputs…just a bunch of HDMI and some RCA…I was shocked to learn this fact myself, when I went to plug the thing in…guess that’s one reason the prices keep falling.

Count me in the 0.03%
Which is fine. But you have to realize that it doesn’t make economic sense to build tuners into every tv when only a very small percentage of people will use them.

15+ years ago I was the lead engineer on a ATSC to USB dongle. It worked well with VLC. I just looked on eBay and found my exact design for like $17.

Which is fine. But you have to realize that it doesn’t make economic sense to build tuners into every tv when only a very small percentage of people will use them.

15+ years ago I was the lead engineer on a ATSC to USB dongle. It worked well with VLC. I just looked on eBay and found my exact design for like $17.
Link?

I have been pleasantly surprised by the level of production on CW and ACCN games. feels way more professional than the Raycon/Fox South/Charter/Bally productions. honestly doesn't even feel far off from the espn/abc/cbs big dogs.
I agree I get CW with my Hulu package in my zip code and I would say the quality is on par with ESPN stuff.

Back