da U

JWE37

Jolly Good Fellow
Its rumored Jon Gruden and Dan Mullen are the top 2 targets.

Which coach scares you the most?

Mullen for me.

Mullen for me too. Proven college coach that knows how to recruit.

Edit: I would be shocked if they actually got either one.

I don't think Mullen will leave MSU after two seasons. Gruden may go but he doesn't scare me at all. Think Butch Davis. The guy has been to the pinacle of football and is now just looking for a comfy place to coach and play in his spare time.

Well Miami is a good job for 2 reasons (weather and recruiting). Other than that, its not a good place to raise a family, not a good fan base, high expectations, empty stadium that is a baseball field until mid October, and the closest road conference game is a 6+ hour drive.

I would be very surprised if Gruden takes it. I could see Mullen leaving because it is definately a step up from Miss St.

I personally hope they get Bud Foster!

I don't think Mullen will leave MSU after two seasons. Gruden may go but he doesn't scare me at all. Think Butch Davis. The guy has been to the pinacle of football and is now just looking for a comfy place to coach and play in his spare time.
He is making 1.3Mil, Miami can double that. Also apparently, state of Mississippi doesn't allow contracts longer than 4 years, he can get a longer contract at Miami, i.e. even more guaranteed money.

Bring on Leach (Gruden is already out of the conversation, btw)

I like the Leach idea. He would bring media attention to the Coastal and probably win 9-10 games consistently which would be good for the ACC. However, I don't see him being dominant enough to keep GT out of the Coastal picture.

I just hope they don't go after Kyle Whittingham or Chris Peterson. I don't care what anyone says......those teams are very well coached year in/year out.

I like the Leach idea. He would bring media attention to the Coastal and probably win 9-10 games consistently which would be good for the ACC. However, I don't see him being dominant enough to keep GT out of the Coastal picture.

I just hope they don't go after Kyle Whittingham or Chris Peterson. I don't care what anyone says......those teams are very well coached year in/year out.

The last coach someone "promoted" from Boise State just got fired from Colorado.

The last coach someone "promoted" from Boise State just got fired from Colorado.

Colorado recruiting and Miami recruiting are 2 totally different animals. Plus, Boise was solid under Hawkins, they have been dominant under Peterson.

Well Miami is a good job for 2 reasons (weather and recruiting). Other than that, its not a good place to raise a family, not a good fan base, high expectations, empty stadium that is a baseball field until mid October, and the closest road conference game is a 6+ hour drive.

I would be very surprised if Gruden takes it. I could see Mullen leaving because it is definately a step up from Miss St.

I personally hope they get Bud Foster!

Where the HC of the U is living, it's pretty nice.

I dont want them to get Leach or Mullen. Either one makes them more of a threat to us and I could care less about the U being better to bring more respect to the ACC. Screw the U. I hope they land Gruden because he wont be a good college coach. He has always got frustrated with younger players, especially quarterbacks.

Leach if offered will take the job tomorrow. BTW he lives in Key West.

Leach if offered will take the job tomorrow. BTW he lives in Key West.

Yea, I coach with a guy that played and coached under him. He still keeps in touch with Leach and said that if Miami offered him, he would definitely consider it.

Back