"Darren Waller - North Cobb High School...."

Very much so. Surprised you missed it. A lot was made of it when he first got here. He brought a lot of guys back who hadn't been connected with the program in a long time.
Yeah but that might be my point. Collins brought back guys who played 2007 and prior? Any of those guys still calling out their name on SNF? I'm more interested in the outreach with CPJ alums. I see a lot from Synjin Days, and Roddy Jones seems close to the program but he's probably muted a bit in what he can say.

Yeah but that might be my point. Collins brought back guys who played 2007 and prior? Any of those guys still calling out their name on SNF? I'm more interested in the outreach with CPJ alums. I see a lot from Synjin Days, and Roddy Jones seems close to the program but he's probably muted a bit in what he can say.

Seems like Butker has had positive things to say. I know Collins sends swag to lots of former GT players and all pro Jackets. I think it's pretty much open door regardless of who you played for. Laskey and Burden don't seem to be fans, but that seems to be more on their end. Outreach is not an area where Collins has failed. The only area he has failed is the on field product.

I bet a quarter of all the players call out their hometown or high school instead of college nowadays.

How is this Georgia Tech's fault that Waller obviously has some kind of severe butthurt disease

He has always been upset about the way he was used, or unused, while at GT.
Or maybe just doesn’t want to admit he went there considering the current sad state of the program. Interesting that CPJ could produce NFL star quality receivers (Waller, BeBe, etc.) in the TO system.

I thought it was known that Collins has been severing relationships with former CPJ players. A lot of former players hate his guts. I think this is a result of that.
I hadn't heard this. Are you taking about severing relationships with the ones that were on staff (Tevin and Freddy stayed around for a while I thought) or just generally keeping former players close to the program?

Has he always said "Georgia Tech" prior to this? That would answer if this is about current events or past grievances.

I hadn't heard this. Are you taking about severing relationships with the ones that were on staff (Tevin and Freddy stayed around for a while I thought) or just generally keeping former players close to the program?
What I heard is he’s acting like they don’t exist, he doesn’t reach out to them or try to invite them over to talk to current players. But the real problems started when he pushed Derrick Moore out since everyone loves DMo.

What I heard is he’s acting like they don’t exist, he doesn’t reach out to them or try to invite them over to talk to current players. But the real problems started when he pushed Derrick Moore out since everyone loves DMo.

In some ways I'm surprised by this and others not. When Collins was first hired, the two formers players on this board seemed to like him. The o-lineman especially. I recall he talked about what a "players coach" Collins was.

On the other hand, I don't think Collins has shown much respect for CPJ and is obviously trying to brand the program as having "moved on" so I can see him not showing much concern for CPJ's players who will only bring more association with the option.

It did surprise me when DMo left. I have no knowledge of why that happened but if it was Collins pushing him out and he alienated many players in the process he's really making things difficult for himself. You can afford to have enemies when you're winning but when you're losing......

Can you name the guys "who played 2007 and prior" who are still in the NFL to call out anything on SNF?

Can you name the guys "who played 2007 and prior" who are still in the NFL to call out anything on SNF?
I don't think your logic is accurate. When CPJ was coach, if Calvin Johnson was on SNF he represented GT. I don't know his relationship with CPJ other than he didn't play for the guy.

Back