Defense improved, or too soon to tell?

One game so you never know but it was the best run defense against a good run team in a long time.

I do think pass rush is too early to say. Only really got pressure a couple of times. I think FSU online is good but still need to see how we do against an avg ACC oline.

I have high hopes and do expect us to be solid.

This. Much improved on tackling. I have no idea about pass pro because DJ didn’t look downfield much. I do know that there was one guy who was consistently open however which concerns me.
Probably more a function of having a spy on DJU than anything.

This post is not intended to anyone in particular but the defense I saw was much improved!
your so crazy, jacket

soJacketmuchCrazy.jpg

The right answer is probably "it's never as good or bad as it seems" but where's the fun in that.

I looked and there was no thread where it seemed on topic
How about the thread, or string as it may be, dangling from your
Take away one of those ridiculously long field goals and we held fsu to 18 points. Well below their average last season.
Nah, that was one hell of a kick, he earned those points. And they can have em, we still beat their ass.

Who are our defensive leaders? Efford at LB is a no brainer. DL has to be Biggers but he needs additional help. As for the DBs, I don't know what to think. Is their inefficiency a product of no defensive pressure on the QB? I like what I've seen of Burrell, and Bainbridge Jacket mentioned #7, but we definitely have a knock for making opposing QBs look good against our DBs.

Who are our defensive leaders? Efford at LB is a no brainer. DL has to be Biggers but he needs additional help. As for the DBs, I don't know what to think. Is their inefficiency a product of no defensive pressure on the QB? I like what I've seen of Burrell, and Bainbridge Jacket mentioned #7, but we definitely have a knock for making opposing QBs look good against our DBs.

Not getting any pass rush without sending 6 is the worse issue on D right now. We miss some tackles, but generally tackle well. We defend receivers fairly well aside from the occasional blown assignment. But we never ever get to the QB and usually pay dearly for it when we get close because we send the entire house.

Glad the staff is focusing on recruiting DL as well as OL.

Back