Dems..Please confirm this....

what if Muschamp came in and he beat UGA? what would u think then? would u not enjoy it b/c he played at UGA?

our fan base is soooooo wacky.....and soft
No offense but this is a dumb argument. What if Neuheisel came in and beat UGA 5 times and then we went on probation?

Any coach that comes in will be expected to beat UGA. It's the primary reason we're looking for a coach.

We also hired a ugag cheerleading coach, and nobody complains about our cheerleader recruiting or performance :)

I seriously doubt Muschamp wears a skirt and looks as good doing so as our cheerleading coach. Maybe we should just promote the cheerleading coach to football coach...certainly couldn't hurt recruiting.:laugher:

I have seen Jeff Jagodzinski on ESPN and this guy is the real thing in my opinion. He is smoothe as silk with the media and makes playing fun for his players. I kindly ask Drad to give him a serious look since I am not enmored by eithe Knuckleheiser or Muschamp.

Jagodzinski began his coaching career as the running backs coach for the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in 1985. He was the offensive line coach for Northern Illinois University in 1986. He held a Graduate Assistant position with LSU from 1987 through 1988. In 1989 he became the tight ends/assistant offensive line coach for East Carolina University and remained in that position until 1996. In 1997 and 1998 he served as the offensive coordinator/offensive line coach at Boston College.

NFL experience
He made the transition to the NFL in 1999 becoming the tight ends coach for the Green Bay Packers under head coach Ray Rhodes. Rhodes and most of his staff was fired after that season, but new head coach Mike Sherman kept Jagodzinski until 2003 when he was released. He was quickly picked up by the Atlanta Falcons to be the offensive line coach.
Jagodzinski was hired by Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy on 2006-01-15 to replace offensive coordinator Tom Rossley. He was the fifth individual to hold the title of Packers offensive coordinator. Jagodzinski joined Paul Roach (1975-76), Lindy Infante (1988-91), Sherman Lewis (1992-99) and Tom Rossley (2000-05). Bob Schnelker (1969-71), John Polonchek (1972-74), Lew Carpenter (1975-79) and Tom Coughlin (1986-87) served as passing game coordinators on staffs that didn't necessarily carry an offensive coordinator.
During his time with the Atlanta Falcons Jagodzinski learned offensive zone blocking schemes from Alex Gibbs, the architect of successful NFL offensive lines such as the Denver Broncos that won Super Bowl XXXII

A few former SEC coaches come to mind that have not been mentioned here.

1) Mike Shula - Good character, good coach. Brought Bama back from probation and did not get the credit that he deserved.

2) Gerry DiNardo - Coached at Vandy and LSU, but not sure if DRad was there yet.

3) David Kelly - Former Dunwoody HS, UGA assistante, GT assistant, and LSU assistant, Stanford Associate Head Coach, Duke assistant. Widely thought of as a very good recruiter. Seems like he was a pretty good receivers coach for us in the Kelly Campbell years.

4) Hal Mumme - How can we not mention him? :laugher:

the hive

Trust me, Shula is not a good coach. Just trust me.

I agree 100%. Just ask any Alabama fan who is knowledgable about his actions with the team and program...not good times over there.

I was under the impression that the bad times were a result of the mess Shula was left with. I stand corrected.

Dem what do you see are the main things DRad is looking for in new HC: young, energetic, fan popular, offensive minded, proven winner? Chan was let go because he could not unite the fans (at least that was one reason) so will DRad hire someone that will continue to keep the fans split like RN or WM? Or will he hire someone who will immediately put butts in the seats and light a fire in the program like Hatcher (if not for anything else than for couriousity)?

How many current SEC coaches have been or are interested in the job?

What are the chances we hire someone completely out of left field that no one has talked about?

Ok I guess that is enough questions for now... So get your butt moving, you ain't hurt :D

We are looking for a young, energetic coach that would bring an exciting product to the field and the city. One who will be someone the media will take notice of and someone who will reach out to the fanbase in a way that hasnt happened in a while.

I dont think any of our candidates would split the fanbase if the fanbase would actually try and embrace a new coach because he would be OUR new coach. He needs to get a fair shake and I think any of the guys we are going after will win their first year here, I dont see a drop off coming and we dont anticipate one.

2 SEC coaches were in contact about the job, 3 former SEC coaches also inquired

Left field? Who knows, right now I wouldnt say good chance.

Were not gonna please everyone, not everyone will get their favorite candidate as coach. I challenge everyone to trust the decision, it will be well thought out with the most extensive reseach possible and will be in the best interest of GT Football.

go to youtube and check out Muschamp's post game interview following the Aub/LSU game from 2006- - its very clear from just this clip that he is not only good with the x's and o's, but he does a great job with the media( the other DC candidate under consideration isn't going to measure up in that vital dept.)

We are looking for a young, energetic coach that would bring an exciting product to the field and the city. One who will be someone the media will take notice of and someone who will reach out to the fanbase in a way that hasnt happened in a while.

I dont think any of our candidates would split the fanbase if the fanbase would actually try and embrace a new coach because he would be OUR new coach. He needs to get a fair shake and I think any of the guys we are going after will win their first year here, I dont see a drop off coming and we dont anticipate one.

Were not gonna please everyone, not everyone will get their favorite candidate as coach. I challenge everyone to trust the decision, it will be well thought out with the most extensive reseach possible and will be in the best interest of GT Football.

Rick Neuheisel (Sorry, Dems, I had to get that in) Thanks for all your info...

I agree 100%. Just ask any Alabama fan who is knowledgable about his actions with the team and program...not good times over there.

I do think he's not very goodl, and this is coming from his experience with the Dolphins, he was regarded down here as a "filler coach". He does however have very good connections down in the HS down in Miami, specially St. Thomas Aquinas. To the point were the St. Thomas coach asked Bama to stop talking to all his recruits when they fired Shula last year. Anyways back to the coaching speculation are we still talking about a "fave five" here Dem or has the list grown/shortened?

Regarding Muschamp, Tech recently hired a UGA softball coach and I can't help but notice that that is okay when we were winning and recently recruiting very well.

GT didn't just hire the UGA asst coach, they stole her from under them. She was poised to move up to HC very soon and was well loved by all of the players and recruits.

She brought at least one current freshman player with her who would've signed to UGA otherwise

Damn that sounds like Hatcher to me all over. This guy would definately win at Tech and I can tell you right now that a lot of "dawgs" are worried we could end up with him.

I saw Hatcher play/coach at VSU and have talked to him on several occasions. This guy is the real deal and I hope we end up getting him because if we don't someone will very soon.

If I might pontificate for a moment ...thank you.

There have been several different candidates mentioned here in the last two days --and most of us has presented who our favorites are for 'the right hire'. I have my favorites as well --Hatcher, Edsall, Strong to name a few.

But I can honestly say that after reading what certain posters have had to say about their favorite candidates --from Johnson to Fisher to Tenuta to Muschamp and others-- I feel pretty excited about the depth of talent in the pool. I've been convinced in some capacity that most of these guys would be a good hire.

I'm now leaning more towards perhaps just turning the job over to Tenuta and letting him run the show --although I'm still intrigued with what my favorites would bring to Tech.

No offense but this is a dumb argument. What if Neuheisel came in and beat UGA 5 times and then we went on probation?

I'd be willing to deal with probation to beat UGA 5 times in a row.

The rules are so numerous and petty that anyone can go on probation at any time.

Worrying about probation while trying to win in major college football is like worrying about cancer and heart attacks.

You can be a paranoid vegan exercise freak, but then you just don't get to have a life. Let's call this our friend Vanderbilt.

You can be normal and drink and eat unhealthy food in moderation. Lately this would be more along the lines of GT or Clemson.

Or you can be obese and smoke 3 packs a day. That would be Alabama or Tennessee.

I don't think Neuheisel is McDonald's and cigarettes. I think he's a beer and a steak.

And any of those other foods we're discussing could be later found to be carcinogenic; it's not that we know they aren't, but that the testing hasn't been done yet.

And if I have a beer and a steak, I know I'm incurring a little risk, but it's worth it because I like beer and steaks a whole lot, and I exercise and don't overeat.

And in this case I'm gonna trust my physicians, Dr's Radakovich and Clough, to tell me what reasonable risks are. It may be that I'm a high-risk for cardiac disease and need to really watch it.

GoldenTornado - I was just using RN to make a comparison to the Muschamp comment (albeit a bad comparison). Any coach is expected to beat UGA and the fans will get over the most extreme problems (personality, UGA grad, future sanctions) if the new coach beats UGA.

My personal opinion on Neuheisel is that he is an interesting coach but I still can't get over thinking that we know what we're getting into with him (similar to, but not to the full extent of UGA hiring Jim Harrick).

This sounds like Muschamp to me.
I HOPE SO!

I'm on the Muschamp Bandwagon now!!!

Back