Dems..Please confirm this....

Heard that Cutcliffe called but I hadn't heard we told him no thanks. Is this the gospel according to Dem?

Re: Nate oplease listen.....

Im grown up, I still want you to show me another example where it has been done? Not just a rival school but your ARCH rival..Not been done...
Alabama would never hire an ex-Auburn player NOR Ugag hiring an ex-GT player, nor SC. hiring an ex-Clemson player...They just wouldnt...

I still think it stinks thinking about...Hopefully Drad will think this through and not be the 1st to do this...He and we will regret it.
Who cares what's been done where? If he's the best guy for the job I don't care where he went to school.

Muschamp has to know how UGA fans will feel about him if comes here. Essentially, he'd be turning his back on UGA for good. If he's willing to do that, then I'm willing to move past that too. Besides, I think he's the best all-around candidate.

I am not trying to flame you but, please lay out your reasons why Muschamp is the most qualified?
Even though I am biased (I admit it) to him because he is from the ARCH rival cesspool...He is no where near as experienced and qualified as some of the other candidates...not even close to Neuheisal, Edsall, Hatcher....NEVER been a head coach...

I am not trying to flame you but, please lay out your reasons why Muschamp is the most qualified?
Even though I am biased (I admit it) to him because he is from the ARCH rival cesspool...He is no where near as experienced and qualified as some of the other candidates...not even close to Neuheisal, Edsall, Hatcher....NEVER been a head coach...
I don't know if Muschamp is the best candidate, but niether do you. Richt was never a HC before he was hired. O'Leary was never a HC before he was hired.

Muschamp will NEVER be the GT coach in a million years. Oh, he'll get an interview but it's all a smokescreen (and makes Muschamp look good from DRad to a friend).

DRad isn't going to hang his rep and future on a 35 year old DC who has never been a head coach an is an incredibly risky choice. And a Dawg mind you!

JT is staying and we will hire an OC for a HC...

jonnyGT: welcome to the club

:biggthumpup:

This guy is young and fiery. He's from the state of GA. He's already coached at LSU and Auburn under two very successful coaches. Our AD knows him and likes him. I think the sky is the limit as far as recruiting goes with WM. I imagine he'll be more than able to relate to and motivate our players.

My only concern would be our OC hire.

I don't like that he played at UGA. Whether or not I like him as our coach will largely depend on whether or not he can beat UGA sometimes, but that goes for anybody we hire.

Muschamp will NEVER be the GT coach in a million years. Oh, he'll get an interview but it's all a smokescreen (and makes Muschamp look good from DRad to a friend).

DRad isn't going to hang his rep and future on a 35 year old DC who has never been a head coach an is an incredibly risky choice. And a Dawg mind you!

JT is staying and we will hire an OC for a HC...

very well could happen, but man do i hope you're wrong

Re: Nate oplease listen.....

Who cares what's been done where? If he's the best guy for the job I don't care where he went to school.

Again, not flaming you, why is he the best..Lay out your evidence or argument...
When stacked up to Neuheisel, Hatcher, or Edsal he is no where near as qualified..If Drad chose him, it was in part because of their friendship...I know you guys will say he was the best candidate if hired BUT, then the statement that Dems said..This is a great job (I do believe this is a great job) takes a hit...Because there are way too many more qualified candidates to say a young Muschamp from uga is best qualified...
If Drad want's to gamble his future away on yes..This would be a huge gamble on his part, then I and many others will be disappointed.

It is true that Richt and Fridge were not HCs. And they seem to have put up similar numbers to Muschamp. Only Richt and Fridge were scoring in the 40s againt good teams, not allowing in the 40s.

One big recruiting tool I could see Muschamp using is that he has been with ugaG and now GT and look where he wants to be. I could see him working that with recruits.

I don't know enough about Muschamp to really say if I would like him or not. I know he is a good recruiter and defenses have posted some solid results, but he has also always been at schools that recruit well and have good defenses whether he's there or not. I don't like the fact that he went UGA, but I could get over it if he truly is the right guy.

What really gives me pause is that Neuheisel is a top 3 candidate. In my mind, it really calls into question the confidence that I've had in D-Rad because Neuheisel is exact opposite what I expect out of a HC at GT. It gives me less confidence in Muschamp as a candidate. Neuheisel has been sending his resume out to every Northwest Eastern Polytechnical State University out there and getting turned away. That he's a candidate really is not that big a deal.

u sound like a baby '56

Wow! GTfanNBama has never met Nate Stimson! That is obviously a fact.

Never knew him myself but he once stared me down in class like he was going to rip my tonsils out and break my leg with one Chuck Norris chop. And all I did was answer Prof Challagalla's question.

Back