Dems..Please confirm this....

The concern voiced over interviews with other DCs instead of just going ahead and giving it to JT are strange.

We are looking for a head coach. And if JT is a better DC than those being interviewed, it does not mean he would be a better HC.

RN - new meaning to "ramblin, Gamblin, helluva ...., but interesting to think about.

DRad is still the man.

I don't know enough about Muschamp to really say if I would like him or not. I know he is a good recruiter and defenses have posted some solid results, but he has also always been at schools that recruit well and have good defenses whether he's there or not. I don't like the fact that he went UGA, but I could get over it if he truly is the right guy.

What really gives me pause is that Neuheisel is a top 3 candidate. In my mind, it really calls into question the confidence that I've had in D-Rad because Neuheisel is exact opposite what I expect out of a HC at GT. It gives me less confidence in Muschamp as a candidate. Neuheisel has been sending his resume out to every Northwest Eastern Polytechnical State University out there and getting turned away. That he's a candidate really is not that big a deal.

JTS, check your inbox

Wow! GTfanNBama has never met Nate Stimson! That is obviously a fact.

Never knew him myself but he once stared me down in class like he was going to rip my tonsils out and break my leg with one Chuck Norris chop. And all I did was answer Prof Challagalla's question.

:laugher: yea i know, i should've worded that just a tad differently

i don't think RN is a real candidate, he just wants the job.

It's gonna be Edsall or Muschamp.

When this whole thing started, i didn't like WM's chances, but things are starting to come around.

BOOM!

Also has Chris Hatcher been completely dropped? Everyone was so excited about him yesterday...

Like I said, I don't really have an opinion yet. Just curious.

hiring a guy like Muschamp because he creates attention would be the quickest way to ruin our program AND our reputation.

i am completely opposed to a screamer head coach, especially a former dawg

he doesnt get me excited at ALL!

he is Amato Redux

it would also be the quickest way to peak interest and steal headlines away from the dawgs

the state would be on fire

Why hasn't George P. Burdell been mentioned? Seriously folks...I'd be pumped up to see him lead the team on the field every Saturday.

1) He's been at every Yellow Jacket Alley...ever.
2) He's been the Dean of Humanities at Tech, so he gets the academic side of things.
3) He worked with Bobby Dodd, Frank Broyles, and Bobby Ross.
4) Every Tech man and woman knows him personally.
5) His character and integrity are above reproach.
6) He hates U[sic]GA.
7) He is an absolute legend.

- Spurrier visiting Puke.
- Tech job seems like a desirable one; maybe some more surprise interviews upcoming.
- JT could remain as DC if not HC.
- RN plays a mean guitar.

- Tater Tot likes to drink and womanize.

There is absolutely no upside to hiring Muschamp over promoting JT. JT is as good or BETTER as a d-coordinator and he is here knows GT can keep the good assistants on staff now. The players know him, if Muschamp is hired, JT is gone, crap shoot. Someone needs to understand the fact, if we cant get a proven HC with offensive skills, Hire JT and let him hire a proven offensive mind, maybe Joker Phillips or Cutcliffe as high paid offensive coordinators

I hope not. I think he deserves an interview and then let the chips fall where they may.

If Drad is considering Muschamp, I certainly hope Hatcher get's a real shot, much better choice, if Drad want's to go with someone from this State, that will UNITE and not divide our fanbase...imho.

Guys regarding RN, remember that the Ravens have at least three very good Tech contacts there, one in the front office, and two on the field. I think we've received information that may be helpful in evaluating his character today.

I can attest that he has pretty much disappeared up here in Baltimore. He's never in the headlines, it seems he's just doing his job quietly.

Regarding Muschamp, Tech recently hired a UGA softball coach and I can't help but notice that that is okay when we were winning and recently recruiting very well.

And of course, Edsall is solid, Tenuta a maybe, and Hatcher a possible.

Regarding Muschamp, Tech recently hired a UGA softball coach and I can't help but notice that that is okay when we were winning and recently recruiting very well.

We also hired a ugag cheerleading coach, and nobody complains about our cheerleader recruiting or performance :)

demjackets, please pass 1gtfan's post on to the Boss.

Many "Thanks",
Z

Dem what do you see are the main things DRad is looking for in new HC: young, energetic, fan popular, offensive minded, proven winner? Chan was let go because he could not unite the fans (at least that was one reason) so will DRad hire someone that will continue to keep the fans split like RN or WM? Or will he hire someone who will immediately put butts in the seats and light a fire in the program like Hatcher (if not for anything else than for couriousity)?

How many current SEC coaches have been or are interested in the job?

What are the chances we hire someone completely out of left field that no one has talked about?

Ok I guess that is enough questions for now... So get your butt moving, you ain't hurt :D

Back