Dems..Please confirm this....

i don't have any youtube clips of edsall but he got us fired up and was a great motivator and we loved to play for the guy ..... fwiw

Randy had a blitzing, attacking, albeit undersized defense while he was here. Our defense wasnt as talented as what Tenuta has had. I think, but dont know, that Randy's defensive philosophy would mirror John's based on what I saw under him and watched John do.

I liked Ryan's article. Ryan knows football. Ryan loves GT.

Ryan's statements of "Why haven't they been coached to charge that quick out with proper body position and proper angles so if the out and up takes place the WR would run into to the DB?" and "No coach approached the defense to tell them what they could do differently when they got back on the field" are disconcerting in regards to Tenuta or am I off base?

From everything I've heard to date...tell me if I'm wrong here dems':

-We have talked to Muschamp.

-We will talk to Strong.

-We will talk to Edsall.

-We will talk to yucky Nehuheuseishuel.

-We will more than likely talk to Hatcher.

-A coach will be chosen even before Tenuta's audition (will this piss him off???)

-Coach kelly, Giff, and BMJ are supposedly staying (GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!)

-Houston Nutt and Ralph Friedgen (or so I've heard)have contacted us about the job.

Am I missing something?

Ryan's statements of "Why haven't they been coached to charge that quick out with proper body position and proper angles so if the out and up takes place the WR would run into to the DB?" and "No coach approached the defense to tell them what they could do differently when they got back on the field" are disconcerting in regards to Tenuta or am I off base?

Tenuta sit's in the booth..But you would think he would have jumped out of that booth at some point wouldn't you?

Re: Nate oplease listen.....

As long as he wants to be at Tech, he's got every right to be here.

The pro Muschamp folks continue to make the same point - that if Muschamp beats Uga like a drum then we will all love him. Well of course we will. We'd love Kim Jong Il if he could beat Georgia every stinking year. That is NOT the question.

The question is what will happen to the fan base if Randy Edsall loses to UGa his first two games versus what will happen to the fan base if Muschamp loses his first two games to UGa?

Think about it.

-We will talk to Strong.

-We will talk to Edsall.

-A coach will be chosen even before Tenuta's audition (will this piss him off???)

-Houston Nutt and Ralph Friedgen (or so I've heard)have contacted us about the job.

Am I missing something?
- Spurrier visiting Puke.
- Tech job seems like a desirable one; maybe some more surprise interviews upcoming.
- JT could remain as DC if not HC.
- RN plays a mean guitar.

I am pretty sure that Fridge did not contact us about the job.

I believe that Ted Roof contacted us about the job.

Tenuta sit's in the booth..But you would think he would have jumped out of that booth at some point wouldn't you?
Or gotten someone on the sidelines to say something to the players. Isn't that what the headsets are for?

The question is what will happen to the fan base if Randy Edsall loses to UGa his first two games versus what will happen to the fan base if Muschamp loses his first two games to UGa?

Then he'll just have to win, won't he? :D

-We will talk to Strong.

-We will talk to Edsall.

Am I missing something?

pretty accurate, not sure about those asst's yet though.

-10 BCS or former BCS conference coaches have shown interest in the job and may spark a few more interviews

The pro Muschamp folks continue to make the same point - that if Muschamp beats Uga like a drum then we will all love him. Well of course we will. We'd love Kim Jong Il if he could beat Georgia every stinking year. That is NOT the question.

Think about it.

completely understand your point but think about this:

Edsall, as u just proved, is the safer bet if the **** hits the fan right?

okay, we don't need to play it safe at this point, it can't get any worse than 7 straight to the dawgs.

we played it safe with Chan.

we need to make a gutsy move here, and i think that we have the AD to finally do it, no matter how much it hurts some of the fans. DRad is gonna go with Muschamp, i have a feeling, and I'm ****in stoked about it.

10 BCS conference coaches.

Well where's everybody that said we couldn't attract any talent if we fired Chan with all the other schools firing their coaches.

Sounds like we may not be such a bad gig after all.

Smirk.

RN play the fight song on the guitar after we win?

You think about that for a second...
or would it be worst for GT to be the 1st to hire one of their ARCH rivals players as coach...
It is like saying UNCLE..I give up...

There are way too many more qualified candidates than stooping that low..

This Muschamp thing would never be seriously considered, if he was not buddies with our new AD...

You think about that for a second...
or would it be worst for GT to be the 1st to hire one of their ARCH rivals players as coach...
It is like saying UNCLE..I give up...

There are way too many more qualified candidates than stooping that low..

what if Muschamp came in and he beat UGA? what would u think then? would u not enjoy it b/c he played at UGA?

our fan base is soooooo wacky.....and soft

Muschamp has to know how UGA fans will feel about him if comes here. Essentially, he'd be turning his back on UGA for good. If he's willing to do that, then I'm willing to move past that too. Besides, I think he's the best all-around candidate.

Muschamp has to know how UGA fans will feel about him if comes here. Essentially, he'd be turning his back on UGA for good. If he's willing to do that, then I'm willing to move past that too. Besides, I think he's the best all-around candidate.

jonnyGT: welcome to the club

-We will talk to Strong.

-We will talk to Edsall.

Am I missing something?

• The top candidates are Edsall, Nuehiesel, Muschamp in some unknown order, with Hatcher/Strong and I suppose Tenuta on the backburner.
  • I believe CJT will consider staying as DC if we hire an experienced HC (prob. not if defensive guys Edsall/Muschamp are hired), and likely will not have a chance to audition.
  • Don't know about Nutt and Friedgen for sure but it sounds like it based on earlier notes in this monster thread... Nutt took Ole Miss and I believe Ralph's buyout/salary is significant
  • Cutcliffe also contacted GT about the opening but was told we are not interested.

Back