Did anyone hear the Roddy Jones podcast yesterday on Sirius?

Most portal guys are players who don't get much PT. There are exceptions, but there is a huge risk to any player who transfers, especially a star player who is getting a lot of touches.

Yep. As far as NFL career goes, definitely the right move to stay. Only reason to transfer would be if he wants a chance to win big in college, and as you said, that would come at great risk because as good as he is there's no guarantee he'd be able to unseat the star RB on a top team.

Still, there is a chance. I'm sure it doesn't feel good watching SportsCenter and comparing the game environments. I'll feel better once the deadline to enter the portal has passed (actually don't have any idea when that is.)

I have that same win-win scenario feeling I had in Gailey's last game against Clarke County Correctional.

If GT wins ... well ... duh.
If UGAg wins ... I get to see staff changes, possibly dramatic ones, within a week or so.
If UGAg wins ugly ... I may get to see wholesale staff changes.

The three hours of the game will be pretty unpleasant. But I'm looking forward to the week or so after.

Just had the great pleasure of watching ESPN poo pooing ND's win last weekend because Georgia Tech sucks. Truth hurts.

For those who don't read it.These stats are interesting.
I dunno how Curry's tie was used but i wouldn't count it and see Curry at .25
collins will be 9-25 this week and if not for 2 covid cancellations 9-27 which is also .25

Georgia Tech coaches, first 3 seasons

Coach
Years
Record
Pct
William Alexander1920-2223-4.852
John Heisman1904-0619-4-3.731
Bobby Dodd1945-4723-9.719
Paul Johnson2008-1126-14.650
Chan Gailey2002-0421-17.553
George O'Leary1995-9718-16.529
Bill Fulcher1972-73*12-10-1.522
Pepper Rodgers1974-7617-15-1.515
Bud Carson1967-6912-18.400
Bill Lewis1992-9411-19.367
Bobby Ross1987-8912-21.364
Geoff Collins2019-219-24.273
Bill Curry1980-828-24-1.242

I have that same win-win scenario feeling I had in Gailey's last game against Clarke County Correctional.

If GT wins ... well ... duh.
If UGAg wins ... I get to see staff changes, possibly dramatic ones, within a week or so.
If UGAg wins ugly ... I may get to see wholesale staff changes.

The three hours of the game will be pretty unpleasant. But I'm looking forward to the week or so after.
I wouldn't count on the last two. At all.

For those who don't read it.These stats are interesting.
I dunno how Curry's tie was used but i wouldn't count it and see Curry at .25
collins will be 9-25 this week and if not for 2 covid cancellations 9-27 which is also .25

Georgia Tech coaches, first 3 seasons

Coach
Years
Record
Pct
William Alexander1920-2223-4.852
John Heisman1904-0619-4-3.731
Bobby Dodd1945-4723-9.719
Paul Johnson2008-1126-14.650
Chan Gailey2002-0421-17.553
George O'Leary1995-9718-16.529
Bill Fulcher1972-73*12-10-1.522
Pepper Rodgers1974-7617-15-1.515
Bud Carson1967-6912-18.400
Bill Lewis1992-9411-19.367
Bobby Ross1987-8912-21.364
Geoff Collins2019-219-24.273
Bill Curry1980-828-24-1.242
For what's it's forth, both Curry and Ross had winning records in season 3. Then, Curry regressed in season 4, and Ross won a title.

Curry must have been doing something right to be poached to Alabama with a 31–43–4 overall record at GT.

Just listening to his pregame presser just now, it is apparent that SOMEONE has had a talk with GC. First thing out of his mouth was his lack of comments concerning the fans. First thing! Still more of the same we're practicing at a high level. Georgia is a really really really good team. We've got to do better. He's as frustrated as the fans. yada yada yada
Fans need to grow a thicker skin. He didn't mention is.....boo ööööing hoo. We need to try not to be snowflakes needing coddling after the game. Get into the locker room and do what it takes to motivate and coach the team.

Bogus list.

According to many at ST, you need to move Gailey up into CPJ's spot and give him all the credit for CPJ's first three years, and move CPJ down to CGC's spot near the bottom since he gets all the blame for CGC's first three years. CGC will not appear on the list until the first three years of his successor, or 2026, whichever comes first.

Fans need to grow a thicker skin. He didn't mention is.....boo ööööing hoo. We need to try not to be snowflakes needing coddling after the game. Get into the locker room and do what it takes to motivate and coach the team.

Cultivating relationships with the fanbase is a pretty important part of the HC's job in a sport where the amount of money fans donate has a direct impact on your ability to win. Especially for an embattled coach, whose job security often depends on whether or not big-money alumni are pissed off enough to pay the buyout.

Obviously the results on the field have much more of an impact than what he says in press conferences, but it's still an odd decision to respond to a question about the fans by basically saying you don't care about them. It's so easy to just say, "I know the fans are disappointed and we are too."

For what's it's forth, both Curry and Ross had winning records in season 3. Then, Curry regressed in season 4, and Ross won a title.

Curry must have been doing something right to be poached to Alabama with a 31–43–4 overall record at GT.
Or someone at Bama ööööed up. The guy they hired right before Curry was Ray Perkins, coming off a losing season and a career losing record with the New York Giants. There were a LOT of inexplicable hires at Bama for about a quarter century after Bear that everyone seems to want to forget about.

I know a lot of Bama fans. Curry is not high on their list. Never was. He ranks among them with Franchione and Perkins. But way behind Stallings.

The Curry poaching is something i have wondered about given the record. I dunno
I generally thought he'd win eventually but I was partial towards his coaches Dodd and Lombardi

Just had the great pleasure of watching ESPN poo pooing ND's win last weekend because Georgia Tech sucks. Truth hurts.
They’re doing that because ND is #5 and uga and Bama are #1 and #2. ND just has to beat a terrible Stanford team and they might be in if Bama loses to uga in Atlanta which is not what ESPN wants. Also if uga doesn’t beat us as convincingly as ND did then go on to lose to Bama, that might bump uga down for ND. If divine intervention helps Tech win this weekend uga might be out period.

Curry beat Alabama 24-21 in 1981, and again in 1984, 16-6(the last time Tech has played Alabama). That probably had a lot to do with the Alabama hiring of him.

Back