Disappoint.

Discussion in 'Football' started by Dirty Jacket, Aug 30, 2019.

1. daBuzz

daBuzz Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Woodstock, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Not against Clemson, we don't. Go back and watch how many times Alabama was stopped inside the 10 and that team was loaded with NFL players and future NFL players. And Clemson stuffed them time after time after time.

2. gtfan088

gtfan088 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Man, that just made realize that Brent Key is probably pretty sick of Clemson right now.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Vespidie

Vespidie Helluva Engineer

Loc:
    Undisclosed
    Team:
    GT
    and it will be for some time while transitioning.

4. aeromech

aeromech Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Also should make you realize a different set of players with that same coach won't guarantee a different result.

5. Vespidie

Vespidie Helluva Engineer

Loc:
    Undisclosed
    Team:
    GT
    Some guys are really good practice players, while others are just gamers. Maybe our team has a case of that.

6. gtfan088

gtfan088 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Sure, but it's not like Alabama hasn't beaten Clemson in the recent past as well.

I'll take my chances that a coach with good players will generally perform better than the same coach with inferior players.

• Like Like x 1
  7. txsting

txsting Elite level sh*tposting

Loc:
    Knoxville, TN
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Some other poster put this data up already. Clemson stopped us one time in short yardage last year, and i think he showed 6 times we were successful in converting. We had difficulty even getting into short yardages situations last year. Who cares anyway, we all know the flexbone is the nuts if you need 2 yards. But as i said before, we want to move on from the flexbone triple because of all the well known shortcomings. That means we're losing short yardage efficiency too.

8. ncjacket

ncjacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Do you think that's what we will run against teams other than Clemson? Get a grip man. Collins was trying to stay on the field with them. If we had been slinging it around they would have scored 50 by half.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ncjacket

ncjacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Actually if Oliver makes the right read on 3rd i think he scores. He was spotty on his reads last year and it still seems to be a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dirty Jacket

Dirty Jacket Something Extraordinairre

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Agree. I felt like we were watching a very very very poor man’s Dan Mullen or Malzhan offense. Very poor mans version.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Architorture23

Architorture23 Austere Religious Scholar

Loc:
    Sec 111
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    to quote Chappelle: "we are not poor. we are broke."

• Like Like x 1
  12. NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins Banned (Temporary) Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    Kennesaw,Ga
    Team:
    GaTech in the ShawnJonesNattyBlueJerseys
    Oh ye of short memory

Last season Dook stopped us on 4th & inches multiple times en route to beating us last season

Dook, let that sink in, don't act like we've been automatic in short yd situations in the recent past

13. Dirty Jacket

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    You are right and the distinction matters

14. ScionOfSouthland

ScionOfSouthland Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Empire City of the South
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I'm amazed how this board is still in meltdown mode over this. Clemson - the number one team in the nation - covered the spread by 1 point. Take step back and realize how big of a hole GT has to dig itself out of; apparently the odds makers are more aware than some of the people on here. Criticize how things went yesterday all you want but know that it is meaningless. No one close to the program cares. Everyone paying attention knows this is a 3-4 year path to competitiveness. That's what the donors and the AD are buying into. The right pieces are in place but it is going to take 2 years just to undo the way this team was tooled for the triple option.

• Like Like x 3
  15. NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins Banned (Temporary) Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    Kennesaw,Ga
    Team:
    GaTech in the ShawnJonesNattyBlueJerseys
    Quick timing & rhythm based passes can help OLs that aren't great pass blockers

The absolute worst case scenario was to only attempt 18 passes while calling tons of QB keepers

Pass blocking might be a problem, but gutless, scared play calling was our #1 flaw last night

16. Dirty Jacket

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    The stupidity being spewed out is out of control even by ST standards. Now the problem is Brent Key and you’re really suggesting that maybe the problem isn’t the deficient offensive line talent but Key...because...because....he lost a game to Clemson at Bama before taking over a öööö show at Tech? What? What? Why? Again, it seems like there are 3 groups of Tech fans now. The idiots which are comprised of the PJ loyalists at the expense of rationale thought, the old farts who just don’t like Collins’ culture, and the rest of us who are awesome. öööö you guys.

• Like Like x 2
  17. JoeCakeEater

JoeCakeEater Dodd-Like

Loc:
    The South
    Team:
    The Institute
    Lol...Alabama literally dominated Clemson to knock them out of the CFP in the semis the year before last.

...But what have you done for me lately??

18. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Kennesaw, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    It is so much worse on the other forum than it is here. Like completely insane.

19. coit

coit Posting at a high level

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    Georgia School of Technology
    I haven’t seen any meltdown from anyone that isn’t either some random alt or still butthurt about CPJ.

What I have seen is people wondering about CDP’s offensive game plan given what is clearly known about Clemson. We were able to move the ball against them by exploiting their inside push and getting to the edge. But for some reason on the goal line he keeps going right at them. As I said before, he needs to do better and I’m quite sure he will agree with that. He’s been touting that he has built an offense around the talent that we have. That talent is quickness over brute force so it is only logical that we should be seeing more spread and getting to the edge.

From what I saw last night, we should have a much easier time with USF.