Disastrous

I hate UGA as much as anybody, probably moreso than most -as well I’m not happy about losing to UVA and Duke. It’s my hope that UGA goes down in the first round of the CFP and Tech finds a way to right the ship and, in the very least, beat teams like UVA and Duke in the future.

All that being said I’m not going let any of this crap ruin my day, week, Holiday’s, month, winter, spring, summer, etc.

I got mad once this year, the Miami loss. I was disgusted by the UT loss and bewildered by the Duke debacle. For the most part I don’t get too high with the highs nor do I let the lows affect me that much.

I guess that, as I have gotten older, being a Tech fan for 40+ years has helped me to put things in perspective.

I hate UGA as much as anybody, probably moreso than most -as well I’m not happy about losing to UVA and Duke. It’s my hope that UGA goes down in the first round of the CFP and Tech finds a way to right the ship and, in the very least, beat teams like UVA and Duke in the future.

All that being said I’m not going let any of this crap ruin my day, week, Holiday’s, month, winter, spring, summer, etc.

I got mad once this year, the Miami loss. I was disgusted by the UT loss and bewildered by the Duke debacle. For the most part I don’t get too high with the highs nor do I let the lows affect me that much.

I guess that, as I have gotten older, being a Tech fan for 40+ years has helped me to put things in perspective.
This is exactly what I’m talking about.. Experienced Tech fans seem to be ok with what’s going on. Maybe I need more Tech year under my belt to see that this is just what Tech is...

This is exactly what I’m talking about.. Experienced Tech fans seem to be ok with what’s going on. Maybe I need more Tech year under my belt to see that this is just what Tech is...
The school is fine with the yearly beatdown as long as the players don't embarrass the dorks in the classroom.

In college this would have been ruining my life. But after graduating, building a career, and picking up serious hobbies college football just matters a lot less than it used to.

I still watch all the games, root like hell for Tech, and hate U[sic]GA, but it's probably not even in the top 5 of the most important things in my life. That's just the way it is.

Sometimes it makes me sad that I'm not so passionate about it anymore, but overall it's a good thing. A game played by kids shouldn't have a serious impact on your day to day happiness.

We should clearly scrap the option and go to Miami's playbook. It's the only way will ever beat Clemson again.

Disastrous year for Tech. 5-6 with no bowl and no future in sight unless changes are made. Two arch rivals headed to the playoffs. Shucks #mediocrity

On the other hand, it seems like an extremely (and mutually) successful year for both your mom and a couple dozen StingTalk posters

Disappointing season. We really had a chance to take a step forward, but let things get away from us. That Duke game was bullshit. Probably the worst game we've played under CPJ.

We absolutely need to increase recruiting to at least mid conference levels. And TS needs to convince CPJ to use all available scholarships rather than self imposing a 2-4 ship penalty.

Well, we did contribute. Georgia had a bye before the SECCG, Auburn played Alabama.
Well, that one Gagger TD was leaping over the line. He could have gotten tired doing that. Of course, he didn't NEED to leap over the line. He could have taken a step to the side and jogged into the endzone. He was leaping over us just for öööös and giggles. It was almost as bad as the body slam tackle of our AB that one year where the Gagger just picked him up and slammed him down on the tackle like he was playing against a middle school team.

The ship can be righted, but it will take a new head coach. And that is something we don't seem to have the resolve to do just yet. We let Gailey stay around too long, and we will no doubt do the same with Paul Johnson.

The ship can be righted, but it will take a new head coach. And that is something we don't seem to have the resolve to do just yet. We let Gailey stay around too long, and we will no doubt do the same with Paul Johnson.
I still say Gailey was one good QB away from taking a step up. Nix was obviously a disaster at OC, but if Threet has stayed or Renfree had made a mark here things may be really different on the flats now. We will never know, just speculation. I remember thinking flunkgate was the end of GT football. I truly expected some 2 and 3 win seasons and we managed to not do that.

In college this would have been ruining my life. But after graduating, building a career, and picking up serious hobbies college football just matters a lot less than it used to.

I still watch all the games, root like hell for Tech, and hate U[sic]GA, but it's probably not even in the top 5 of the most important things in my life. That's just the way it is.

Sometimes it makes me sad that I'm not so passionate about it anymore, but overall it's a good thing. A game played by kids shouldn't have a serious impact on your day to day happiness.
Well, good for you. Some of your maturity is no doubt a result of having your life ruined multiple times. After a while we get a little numb, and become resigned to it. I wish that I could be more like you. Unfortunately having our ass handed to us still gets to me. And seeing our in-state rival lifting the National Championship trophy will, shall we say, "sting a bit".

Disappointing season. We really had a chance to take a step forward, but let things get away from us. That Duke game was bullshit. Probably the worst game we've played under CPJ.

We absolutely need to increase recruiting to at least mid conference levels. And TS needs to convince CPJ to use all available scholarships rather than self imposing a 2-4 ship penalty.

Duke was bad but I think it gains from being a recent memory. MTSU embarrassing us in our own house is still tops in my Book of Butthurt.

I share your feelings completely. I feel sad about not having the same level of passion for Tech sports that I used to, but you have to accept that that is what Tech is ok with. Just gotta enjoy it for what it is.

Back