Disastrous

Should we change how we schedule? Let’s be honest, if we played UCF then we would have finished 1-3 OOC. The teams you reference stack a schedule that gets them bowl eligible with only 2-3 conference wins.

I personally like how we schedule, but we already have a 70% built in loss every year with UGA. Should we schedule more sure things?

The only “sure thing” about that philosophy is smaller crowds, less (if possible) excitement, less exposure, worse recruiting, smaller donations. If we ever did something like this, then the coaches and AD should take pay cuts.

Define "get something done."

3-7 vs UGA
2 OBs (1-1 in those)
1 ACC championship
2 division titles (3 ACC championship game appearances)
3 ACC coach of the year awards

Your expectations are ööööing stupid, if you aren't blown away with those results of a head coach at Georgia Tech.

Well, the most important item on that list has a success rate of 30%. No doubt 30% is a success in your world.

The world is full of losers sitting around complaining about “we can’t do that.”

3 COY awards. Besides getting somebody more money, how many better recruits did it bring in?

ACCC are nothing compared to beating ugag. JMO.

By your standards, I would much rather be stupid than a coward afraid to seek the best that GT can be in whatever it endeavors. Much less with a dirty coach like Sewak being associated with our S/As.

Well, the most important item on that list has a success rate of 30%. No doubt 30% is a success in your world.

The world is full of losers sitting around complaining about “we can’t do that.”

3 COY awards. Besides getting somebody more money, how many better recruits did it bring in?

By your standards, I would much rather be stupid than a coward afraid to seek the best that GT can be in whatever it endeavors. Much less with a dirty coach like Sewak being associated with our S/As.
The last coach that beat Georgia more than 3 times is Bobby Dodd. Add that to the long list of things that only Paul Johnson has done at GT in the modern era.

As expected, your expectations for the program are ööööing stupid.

Our senior class of 2/3 stars has the same regular season record vs uga as Auburn and Tennessee.

For teams that face uga every year, only UF has done better.

ööööing CPJ

The only “sure thing” about that philosophy is smaller crowds, less (if possible) excitement, less exposure, worse recruiting, smaller donations. If we ever did something like this, then the coaches and AD should take pay cuts.
The attendance for Alabama vs LSU and Alabama vs Mercer was the same. GT needs to change the culture surrounding football. I'm not saying GT will be Alabama, if the recruiting is going to get better losing to ugag at GT in front of 25k ugag fans isn't going to do it. Right now you guys have to realize the reputation of GT in this state sucks. We are the team ugag beats every thanksgiving. That is GT football. Winning more games per year, making more money by having additional home games, and playing against teams from the state who count for bowls is a better plan than "recruit better".

How did the SEC become the best ever? By not playing anybody but SEC teams and not having true road games for years. If anyone would dislike our schedule with ugag, ga southern, Mercer as out of conference games the problem is with the conference games. They evidently aren't exciting enough.

The attendance for Alabama vs LSU and Alabama vs Mercer was the same.
While obviously their problems are nothing like ours, all the big programs struggle to attract as many fans to 'lesser' opponents than they do to marquee names. I recall Saban complaining about home attendance a couple of years ago.

The attendance for Alabama vs LSU and Alabama vs Mercer was the same. GT needs to change the culture surrounding football. I'm not saying GT will be Alabama, if the recruiting is going to get better losing to ugag at GT in front of 25k ugag fans isn't going to do it. Right now you guys have to realize the reputation of GT in this state sucks. We are the team ugag beats every thanksgiving. That is GT football. Winning more games per year, making more money by having additional home games, and playing against teams from the state who count for bowls is a better plan than "recruit better".
so come to more games...

Let the players take pay cuts. Oh yeah, they aren’t paid are they?

Back