Disastrous

Duke was bad but I think it gains from being a recent memory. MTSU embarrassing us in our own house is still tops in my Book of Butthurt.

MTSU had one play Groh couldn't stop, kind of like Miami this year. Duke used whatever play it wanted on Roof. And in the second half, the O couldn't score on a Thai hooker.

Going bowless 2 out of 3 years is pretty ööööed. We give Paul Johnson a lot of breathing room because he beat uga 3 times out of 10 but the truth is there are schools with worse facilities and worse recruiting in ACC that are going bowling and we're not. Let's hope they give him whatever he wants and we start to see some kind of sparkle next year because he won't be able to afford another year like this.

I got tired of waiting so I just pretended he did. ⚡︎ admin privilege
Damn, I was hoping to see if he could keep his streak of starting new threads and racking up 30+ big cries going. Oh well.

Disappointing season. We really had a chance to take a step forward, but let things get away from us. That Duke game was bullshit. Probably the worst game we've played under CPJ.

We absolutely need to increase recruiting to at least mid conference levels. And TS needs to convince CPJ to use all available scholarships rather than self imposing a 2-4 ship penalty.
Gardner Webb 2008, middle Tennessee State, 2012 were worse.

Going bowless 2 out of 3 years is pretty ööööed. We give Paul Johnson a lot of breathing room because he beat uga 3 times out of 10 but the truth is there are schools with worse facilities and worse recruiting in ACC that are going bowling and we're not. Let's hope they give him whatever he wants and we start to see some kind of sparkle next year because he won't be able to afford another year like this.

I think he'd survive another year like this. He's still probably at around 80% support among fans. But it'd be ugly, like in Chan's last years. Let's hope it doesn't happen

Going bowless 2 out of 3 years is pretty ööööed. We give Paul Johnson a lot of breathing room because he beat uga 3 times out of 10 but the truth is there are schools with worse facilities and worse recruiting in ACC that are going bowling and we're not.

Should we change how we schedule? Let’s be honest, if we played UCF then we would have finished 1-3 OOC. The teams you reference stack a schedule that gets them bowl eligible with only 2-3 conference wins.

I personally like how we schedule, but we already have a 70% built in loss every year with UGA. Should we schedule more sure things?

Should we change how we schedule? Let’s be honest, if we played UCF then we would have finished 1-3 OOC. The teams you reference stack a schedule that gets them bowl eligible with only 2-3 conference wins.

I personally like how we schedule, but we already have a 70% built in loss every year with UGA. Should we schedule more sure things?

No we should beat the teams we schedule. I don't know why the first reaction is always we need an easier schedule. One of those teams that I reference beat us btw. There was no excuse for losing to Duke this year. We already had two öööö happens 1 pt losses and a game in Charlottesville and NFL caliber Clemson ok, but not to Duke.

The ship can be righted, but it will take a new head coach. And that is something we don't seem to have the resolve to do just yet. We let Gailey stay around too long, and we will no doubt do the same with Paul Johnson.

Aw, c’mon!

You know, to be fair, you have to give a guy at least 15 years on the job to get something done.

Just think what Ike could have done if we had given him more time against the Nazis....... oh, wait. Nevermind.

No we should beat the teams we schedule.

Oh!...well in that case...

I don't know why the first reaction is always we need an easier schedule.

I'm just asking the question. You're whining about teams with worse facilities and recruiting going to bowls and I'm telling you how they do it. They didn't do it by going 1-3 OOC. We scheduled an SEC team with superior talent at a neutral site, then scheduled a road game against the only undefeated team that remains in FBS (no way to know they would be this good when we booked them) and play an annual rivalry game against one of the 4 CFP teams. I personally prefer good wins, so in order to do that you have to schedule good teams...but there are consequences to scheduling that way. Even the vaunted Alabama schedules cream puffs up and down their OOC schedule with the occasional good team sprinkled in.

One of those teams that I reference beat us btw. There was no excuse for losing to Duke this year. We already had two öööö happens 1 pt losses and a game in Charlottesville and NFL caliber Clemson ok, but not to Duke.

No argument. Ultimately we should have handled our business and there would not be a discussion. 0 non-home wins (road/neutral) is garbage. Losing to Duke 3 out of 4 is totally unacceptable. We used to be firmly in the B tier of the ACC behind Virginia Tech, Clemson, & Florida State. Now we are in the C or D tier, right beside Duke, Virginia, Wake Forest and others. We have to get back to where we are competing for ACC championships and are a perennial bowl team or we need to punt on the CPJ experiment in my honest opinion.

Aw, c’mon!

You know, to be fair, you have to give a guy at least 15 years on the job to get something done.

Just think what Ike could have done if we had given him more time against the Nazis....... oh, wait. Nevermind.

Define "get something done."

3-7 vs UGA
2 OBs (1-1 in those)
1 ACC championship
2 division titles (3 ACC championship game appearances)
3 ACC coach of the year awards

Your expectations are ööööing stupid, if you aren't blown away with those results of a head coach at Georgia Tech.

I think he'd survive another year like this. He's still probably at around 80% support among fans. But it'd be ugly, like in Chan's last years. Let's hope it doesn't happen

you think so? I don't think he's at 80% right now.

Define "get something done."

3-7 vs UGA
2 OBs (1-1 in those)
1 ACC championship
2 division titles (3 ACC championship game appearances)
3 ACC coach of the year awards

Your expectations are ööööing stupid, if you aren't blown away with those results of a head coach at Georgia Tech.

2 outright division titles. 2 more where we were tied for first.

2 outright division titles. 2 more where we were tied for first.

There's another one.

Also, we can then get into the number of 8, 9, 10, 11 win seasons where Johnson has depending on the win plateau you're looking at nearly 1/2 or even nearly 2/3s of Tech's all time totals at those win plateaus going back to the 60s. I don't have the exact counts off the top of my head.

you think so? I don't think he's at 80% right now.
There was a poll on this site (which is less gold-colored glasses than most) immediately after the UGA blowout loss, during peak butthurt, where he was over 80%. I'd say he's probably at 85-90% if you take out emotional knee-jerk reactions.

That said, I'm not sure he could survive another year like this one. Nor am I sure that he should. That's why it's so necessary that we make some drastic changes to the way we're doing things.

Back