Does Butch Jones get canned?

Should Butch Jones be fired

• Yes. Dirty team. Jones needs to go.

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • No. Go Vols. Peyton Manning. SEC.

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters
According to the document, Bowles — who transferred to UTC from UT following the 2014 season — claims Jones told him that he "betrayed the team" for helping a fellow UT student-athlete after she claimed she had been raped by two of his teammates in November

Oh snap

I actually have kind of grown to like Tennessee while living up here (their distaste for UGA pleases me), but I'm delighted to think of them going through another coaching search after witnessing the last. Bring back the Gruden smokescreens and rejections from hot coaches. I'm going to have to start tuning into local sports radio again.

Last edited:
If the findings of this lawsuit are consistent with the accusation, then Butch Jones needs to go. 100%

208. Drae Bowles had acted with the utmost kindness and strength of character toward Jane Doe IV, her friends and Jane Doe V. For his kindness and courage he was beaten up, called a traitor by his head football coach, and ostracized from the team by Coach Jones and other players. Maggitt continued to be touted as a team leader and with Orta and Lane celebrated a bowl victory by posing for cameras flashing rapist AJ Johnson's number (45) with their hands and fingers.

:ugh:

Jones needs to be fired for wrecking kids' dreams every recruiting cycle. This just makes me hope he dies in a fire.

It is gonna come down to Tennessee cleaning house and Jones is part of the dirt that needs to be swept up and discarded. If they want to have any chance of not having to rename Neyland "Jane Doe Stadium for Title IX Women's Sports" they are going to need to make visible changes in the structure of Tennessee sports. Getting rid of Jones is step 1.

199. In his interviews with police, UT football player Geraldo Orta stated that he felt Bowles had betrayed the team and that where he (Orta) came from, people got shot for doing what Bowles did. These facts are set forth in the Knoxville Police Department Incident Report.

200. During the interview Orta also admitted having confronted Drae Bowles in Smokey's Cafe (the athletic dining facility), getting "in his face" and saying "some threatening things."

Because Bowles took an injured girl to the hospital?

I'm sure this doesn't have anything to do with this guy getting benched at UT and having to transfer to UTC.

And Weidmer's a little bitch.

I'm sure this doesn't have anything to do with this guy getting benched at UT and having to transfer to UTC.

And Weidmer's a little bitch.

Actually, it mostly has to do with a young lady getting raped and a football player being a decent person and helping her out.

Actually, it mostly has to do with a young lady getting raped and a football player being a decent person and helping her out.

But what does that have to do with the coach?

Welp, this sounds like pretty much exactly what I'd expect from Butch Jones, based on the reputation he's built.

But what does that have to do with the coach?

From the police statements.
201. Orta further acknowledged that UT football player Curt Maggitt had also, in a separate incident, confronted Drae Bowles in the team locker room and that Head Coach Butch Jones had “instructed the team to stay away from Bowles and Bowles was given time away from the team.”

This was a statement made to police by one of the guys who actually admitted to threatening the Bowles kid. Now, it doesn't say that Butch told anyone to assault the kid, but it does indicate that he encouraged them to ostracize him.

From the police statements.
201. Orta further acknowledged that UT football player Curt Maggitt had also, in a separate incident, confronted Drae Bowles in the team locker room and that Head Coach Butch Jones had “instructed the team to stay away from Bowles and Bowles was given time away from the team.”

This was a statement made to police by one of the guys who actually admitted to threatening the Bowles kid. Now, it doesn't say that Butch told anyone to assault the kid, but it does indicate that he encouraged them to ostracize him.

This could also be because the kid was a troublemaker, and was just looking to cause problems with the team. Because he wasn't getting what he wanted.

This could also be because the kid was a troublemaker, and was just looking to cause problems with the team. Because he wasn't getting what he wanted.

It's possible, but then there is this.

199. In his interviews with police, UT football player Geraldo Orta stated that he felt Bowles had betrayed the team and that where he (Orta) came from, people got shot for doing what Bowles did. These facts are set forth in the Knoxville Police Department Incident Report.

Your scenario doesn't seem very plausible. You "get shot" for being a snitch, not a whiny troublemaker. We absolutely have to wait for the facts to come out, but I'm puzzled that you're especially skeptical. Or maybe you're just playing devil's advocate, and I'm putting way too much thought into responding. lol

Back