Does Butch Jones get canned?

Should Butch Jones be fired

• Yes. Dirty team. Jones needs to go.

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • No. Go Vols. Peyton Manning. SEC.

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters
Frank+Sutton+as+Sgt+Carter.jpg

No, the testimony from a good kid that helped a rape victim, was assaulted the next day, had his coach abandon him and call him a traitor, was threatened with assault from two other players that had to be pulled away by the S/C coach (who also kept them from following him out to probably assault him), and had one player ominously tell the cops that where he lives people get shot for snitching. That guy.

Of course, you are the old guy that believes the rape victim "had it coming" and we should obviously protect the football team.

I don't know why you keep putting words in my mouth about rape. I've never said any such thing. And as for old, well you don't really have any room to talk.

You are jumping to conclusions on the basis of one kids testimony, so I'm showing you that there could be a different story that the kid isn't telling.

Hey ... Weeds is a friend of mine, now. Good dude and one of the best college basketball writers out there. Puts Bradley to shame (doesn't take much, granted).
And he's not little.

Wow, small world. Let's just say I'm old friends with one of the other sportswriters there.

I don't have any problem believing that. By driving the woman to the hospital promptly, Bowles made it exponentially more likely that charges would get filed and might stick, because they would probably be able to do a rape kit and get her statements on what happened the very same night, instead of having her come forward days or weeks later or perhaps not at all (which is more common in these cases and leads to the endless he said/she said). I have no problem believing that Jones would much rather the kid not gotten involved. Bowles' "helping out" a victim was bound to lead to negative consequences for the program. And a coach wanting to sweep a crime under the rug to protect his sacred football team is the least unbelievable thing ever. I've never been under the impression that Butch Jones was Mr. Character, anyway.

And if this is indeed the truth of the situation, Jones should be sent packing sooner rather than later. However, I'm just looking at the bigger picture and assuming that the University would not allow a coach to behave in such a way. And there's no record of Jones' actions other than him suspending athletes when charged with a crime. I'm assuming that the perps in this case were formally charged by police, and their cases investigated to some outcome?

I'm glad Coit is here otherwise you guys would have already judged Butch Jones, tried him as guilty, and doled out his execution.

There isn't anyone here arguing that Butch Jones should stay at Tennessee if the allegations are true. The investigation into it just hasn't happened yet.

And if this is indeed the truth of the situation, Jones should be sent packing sooner rather than later. However, I'm just looking at the bigger picture and assuming that the University would not allow a coach to behave in such a way. And there's no record of Jones' actions other than him suspending athletes when charged with a crime. I'm assuming that the perps in this case were formally charged by police, and their cases investigated to some outcome?

Yeah, their trial dates are in June and July, respectively, according to the most recent news sources I could find. Of course, UT doesn't have to wait that long to take action against Butch based on any internal investigations. And really, whether the two guys are guilty or not, if it is shown that Jones created a hostile environment for the kid, I'd still send him off. Actually, I'd send him off for not winning more games, but that's another story.

I'm glad Coit is here otherwise you guys would have already judged Butch Jones, tried him as guilty, and doled out his execution.

There isn't anyone here arguing that Butch Jones should stay at Tennessee if the allegations are true. The investigation into it just hasn't happened yet.

I never said he was guilty of a crime. I said he needed to go. Tennessee has a long tradition of crime. So much so that they have an award named after them for the team that earns the most crime points during a year. It is time for the school to seriously clean up its act. New coach. Stringent policies on how to handle these situations. Butch Jones decided to take the "if I ignore it, no one will notice and it will go away" method of solving a problem. Unfortunately for him, this didn't go away and now he needs to go away. They are every bit as scummy as FSU.

100,000 plus fans in the stadium every home game and the fronts of every Walmart filled with orange merchandise is a huge financial incentive and could lead to coverups. The truth is, UT could hire me as head coach. We'd never win another game, but I'd still recruit a top twenty class, the stadium would still be full, and Walmart would still sell UT gear every day.

I'd probably be assassinated.

Why do you hate America?

100,000 plus fans in the stadium every home game and the fronts of every Walmart filled with orange merchandise is a huge financial incentive and could lead to coverups. The truth is, UT could hire me as head coach. We'd never win another game, but I'd still recruit a top twenty class, the stadium would still be full, and Walmart would still sell UT gear every day.

I'd probably be assassinated.

I bet I could manage to ruin fan support for UT athletics if they hired me as the head coach. I could do it before kickoff of my first game.

That said, I'd definitely be assassinated.

Butch Jones decided to take the "if I ignore it, no one will notice and it will go away" method of solving a problem.

And you are reaching this conclusion how? What makes you think this is what he did? The testimony of a butthurt kid trying to extract some revenge for not cutting the mustard as a Vol?

I'm convinced coit is massively trolling JJacket and it's an inside thing I don't get.

IMO, Butch is a garbage coach, UT is a garbage program, and I still like Peyton Manning as an NFL player and I still hope they beat georgia every year. :dunno:

And you are reaching this conclusion how? What makes you think this is what he did? The testimony of a butthurt kid trying to extract some revenge for not cutting the mustard as a Vol?

Why do you continue to say the kid is a buttburt kid trying to extract revenge? Are you saying picking up the girl and taking her to the hospital for a rape kit was planned? Nice, scumbag.

I'm convinced coit is massively trolling JJacket and it's an inside thing I don't get.

IMO, Butch is a garbage coach, UT is a garbage program, and I still like Peyton Manning as an NFL player and I still hope they beat georgia every year. :dunno:

He is just an old asshole proving how much of an asshole he can be. Why he picked the pro-rape side of an argument is beyond me, but I can see now why he is divorced and lives in a basement.

Why do you continue to say the kid is a buttburt kid trying to extract revenge? Are you saying picking up the girl and taking her to the hospital for a rape kit was planned? Nice, scumbag.

I'm saying the kid made up a bunch of stuff in his testimony because he's butthurt that he's playing at UTC rather than UT. I'm 100% sure I've already said that at least once if not twice, but you can't seem to get your mind off of the rape thing.

Now, go away and find some links that support your theory that the coach is an ass and stop accusing me of liking rape.

He is just an old asshole proving how much of an asshole he can be. Why he picked the pro-rape side of an argument is beyond me, but I can see now why he is divorced and lives in a basement.

Only for another month. Finally bought a house. Although the basement is pretty sweet. How many times have you been divorced there cowboy?

I bet I could manage to ruin fan support for UT athletics if they hired me as the head coach. I could do it before kickoff of my first game.

That said, I'd definitely be assassinated.

No way. If Derric Dooley wasn't killed, then no one will be.

No one could do a worse job than Dooley. That is the floor.

I'm saying the kid made up a bunch of stuff in his testimony because he's butthurt that he's playing at UTC rather than UT. I'm 100% sure I've already said that at least once if not twice, but you can't seem to get your mind off of the rape thing.

Now, go away and find some links that support your theory that the coach is an ass and stop accusing me of liking rape.

Only for another month. Finally bought a house. Although the basement is pretty sweet. How many times have you been divorced there cowboy?

I have been divorced twice and never had to live in a ööööing basement. Weirdos live in basements. Apparently, you must be pudding when a lawyer gets hold of you.

I have been divorced twice and never had to live in a ööööing basement. Weirdos live in basements. Apparently, you must be pudding when a lawyer gets hold of you.

I'm pretty sure my basement is nicer than any house you've ever owned. And sometimes, the man wants the divorce.

LOL Geraldo Orta is from Lowndes County GA. They got standards down there.

Back