Does Butch Jones get canned?

Should Butch Jones be fired

• Yes. Dirty team. Jones needs to go.

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • No. Go Vols. Peyton Manning. SEC.

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters
Have you read anything to do with the lawsuit or are you just padding your post count again?

I can't seem to find a link to anything having to do with the rape incidents. All I see are testimony provided by this butthurt football player. If football players raped girls, surely they were disciplined by the coach and school, right? Did the ladies file charges against the players in question, or are they just suing the school?

It's possible, but then there is this.

199. In his interviews with police, UT football player Geraldo Orta stated that he felt Bowles had betrayed the team and that where he (Orta) came from, people got shot for doing what Bowles did. These facts are set forth in the Knoxville Police Department Incident Report.

Your scenario doesn't seem very plausible. You "get shot" for being a snitch, not a whiny troublemaker. We absolutely have to wait for the facts to come out, but I'm puzzled that you're especially skeptical. Or maybe you're just playing devil's advocate, and I'm putting way too much thought into responding. lol

Definitely devil's advocate. It isn't clear exactly what the "betrayals" are from what is written here. Certainly taking a young lady to the hospital and helping her isn't betraying anyone. Telling her to lie about being raped could very well be.

Ok, here's a link to something other than this butthurt player's testimony.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...ls-upset-and-embarrassed-off-field-tr/351710/

Since Jones took over for Derek Dooley in December 2012, seven players have been accused of domestic or sexual assault or rape. Two were charged and currently await trial. The charges are pending on Johnson.

In each instance Jones immediately suspend those players and reinstated them only after they were cleared by the legal system, the university or both.

I'm still sticking to the opinion that there's more to this kid's story than he is describing here.

I can't seem to find a link to anything having to do with the rape incidents. All I see are testimony provided by this butthurt football player. If football players raped girls, surely they were disciplined by the coach and school, right? Did the ladies file charges against the players in question, or are they just suing the school?

They have been charged and are awaiting trial. The criminal case stuff is all in the deadspin link. It doesn't say, but one would have to assume they were kicked out of school.

They have been charged and are awaiting trial. The criminal case stuff is all in the deadspin link. It doesn't say, but one would have to assume they were kicked out of school.

I believe they used up their eligibility at Tennessee. I read one of them was a feature player even after the incident.

And coit obviously has reading comprehension and/or Google seach issues if he can't find any information on the rape.

Of course, coit is probably old school and feels like if a woman isn't a virgin she can't be raped.

I believe they used up their eligibility at Tennessee. I read one of them was a feature player even after the incident.

And coit obviously has reading comprehension and/or Google seach issues if he can't find any information on the rape.

Of course, coit is probably old school and feels like if a woman isn't a virgin she can't be raped.

I found and posted a link to other information. Said every suspected was suspended pending investigation.

Hopefully the entire truth will come out.

In cases like this I am often reminded of 2 words - Duke Lacrosse.

My first memory of an incident like this at UT, dates back to the Bernard King era. Nothing new at Rocky Top U.

I found and posted a link to other information. Said every suspected was suspended pending investigation.

Yea, one was suspended for something like 4 games for "undisclosed reasons" at the beginning of the season (cupcake games). Layin' down the law!

I can't find it now, but another article I read stated that Butch Jones called Bowles and told him that he was "disappointed in him" and that Bowles "let the team down".

I can't find it now, but another article I read stated that Butch Jones called Bowles and told him that he was "disappointed in him" and that Bowles "let the team down".

But we don't know what that relates to. Could be anything. Are we really supposed to believe that a head football coach would be disappointed in one of his players for helping a woman that had been raped?

But we don't know what that relates to. Could be anything. Are we really supposed to believe that a head football coach would be disappointed in one of his players for helping a woman that had been raped?

It was made pretty clear in the articles the context of which the statement was made. It really couldn't be "anything". And yes, I do believe a head coach could be like that. Many coaches are former football players and are pretty meat headed.

Well, gosh. It's almost like they're doing a broad investigation into the matter to see if that is the case regarding Jones...

It was made pretty clear in the articles the context of which the statement was made. It really couldn't be "anything". And yes, I do believe a head coach could be like that. Many coaches are former football players and are pretty meat headed.

You mean the articles that merely quote the testimony of the butthurt athlete?

You mean the articles that merely quote the testimony of the butthurt athlete?

No, the testimony from a good kid that helped a rape victim, was assaulted the next day, had his coach abandon him and call him a traitor, was threatened with assault from two other players that had to be pulled away by the S/C coach (who also kept them from following him out to probably assault him), and had one player ominously tell the cops that where he lives people get shot for snitching. That guy.

Of course, you are the old guy that believes the rape victim "had it coming" and we should obviously protect the football team.

I'm sure this doesn't have anything to do with this guy getting benched at UT and having to transfer to UTC.

And Weidmer's a little bitch.

Hey ... Weeds is a friend of mine, now. Good dude and one of the best college basketball writers out there. Puts Bradley to shame (doesn't take much, granted).
And he's not little.

I don't have any problem believing that. By driving the woman to the hospital promptly, Bowles made it exponentially more likely that charges would get filed and might stick, because they would probably be able to do a rape kit and get her statements on what happened the very same night, instead of having her come forward days or weeks later or perhaps not at all (which is more common in these cases and leads to the endless he said/she said). I have no problem believing that Jones would much rather the kid not gotten involved. Bowles' "helping out" a victim was bound to lead to negative consequences for the program. And a coach wanting to sweep a crime under the rug to protect his sacred football team is the least unbelievable thing ever. I've never been under the impression that Butch Jones was Mr. Character, anyway.

Back