Dook offense now rated 104th!!!!

You're the one that said GC inherited the worst roster in P5 football. If that is true, then Paul Johnson is a magician as he won 6 games with that roster.
Dunno about worst. But yes CPJ was a genius getting the production he did

Moron? You're the one that said GC inherited the worst roster in P5 football. If that is true, then Paul Johnson is a magician as he won 6 games with that roster. GC probably will never win more than 6 games in a year. He averaged 7.5 wins at Temple with a roster that won 10 the previous year. If you want to see a moron, look in the mirror.
I will take the 6 game bet for a cold CoCola

I will take the 6 game bet for a cold CoCola
More than 6 is what I said. Means he has to win 7 in a season prior to his departure from the institute. If that is agreeable, we are on for a Cold Coke. One caveat; I'm and old guy and may not be around to see it. If I lose the bet, look up my widow.

More than 6 is what I said. Means he has to win 7 in a season prior to his departure from the institute. If that is agreeable, we are on for a Cold Coke. One caveat; I'm and old guy and may not be around to see it. If I lose the bet, look up my widow.
I will take that bet. My CoCola will be the sweetest nectar I've ever tasted. Cold, tasty, and free.

My theory is no coordinator worth a damn would touch the transition with a ten foot pole. We got a couple guys cheap to take the lumps while we rebuilt the roster and then we can get better/more experienced candidates.

When you factor in the (initial) money involved for the coordinators as well, that makes sense. If Collins is going to succeed here he is going to need big upgrades at the coordinator spots. Let's hope that TStan understands this and squeezes those donors for the money to make it happen (certainly a lot cheaper than looking for buyout money).

When you factor in the (initial) money involved for the coordinators as well, that makes sense. If Collins is going to succeed here he is going to need big upgrades at the coordinator spots. Let's hope that TStan understands this and squeezes those donors for the money to make it happen (certainly a lot cheaper than looking for buyout money).
Remember that Dabo for years at Clemson forgoed pay raises to pay for better coordinators. CEO move.

Remember that Dabo for years at Clemson forgoed pay raises to pay for better coordinators. CEO move.

Smartest thing a not so smart guy has done. Of course, GT is not even in the same stratosphere as CU for fundraising/contributions to the program. TStan has been pretty underwhelming thus far, but surely, he sees that it will be difficult to cover up Collins gameday issues without a much stronger staff.

Smartest thing a not so smart guy has done. Of course, GT is not even in the same stratosphere as CU for fundraising/contributions to the program. TStan has been pretty underwhelming thus far, but surely, he sees that it will be difficult to cover up Collins gameday issues without a much stronger staff.
DRad knew what he was doing going to Clemson with their deep pockets. Instead of going on the cheap and getting coaches like Bowden and just making due, DRad went up there and asked Dabo "what do you need to elevate this program to elite status?"
DRad then started spending. New practice fields, basketball courts, whiffle ball field, movie theater, new sports facility, new endzone seating, more money for coaches and staff including Dabo's raise. Clemson was somewhat equal to us in the early and mid 2000's, but have kept ahead because of bright and shiny things.

DRad couldn't spend that kind of money here. I never saw Bobinski anywhere at any point. He was a dud.

1634745737847.png

I will take that bet. My CoCola will be the sweetest nectar I've ever tasted. Cold, tasty, and free.
I hope that you win the bet.....I can't lose......a cold Coke or a team that is relevant again. Sincerely prefer the latter!

Johnson also had what, 30 years as a HC and Collins is in his 5th. Of course he was a better coach. Why would anyone expect different? Listen this argument just goes around in circles. When we hired Paul we gave up on trying to compete for recruits and set ourselves up for what we’re dealing with now. If it wasn’t Collins it would be somebody else we got on the cheap who was willing to deal with the roster and perception of HS players and coaches as well as dumb ass fans with no understanding of what he would be dealing with.

If you are correct, then Paul Johnson must be one heck of a coach. Took the worst P5 roster in football and won 6 games.
He was. Which is what pretty much EVERYONE said. What do you think all the pub he got for winning against the big boys with his roster were for?

Back