Dook offense now rated 104th!!!!

Paul Johnson inherited one of the best rosters in the ACC in 2008

I'm pretty sure that roster was pretty far behind Clemson, FSU, Miami, UNC, and UGA. The 2005 class was last in the ACC, 2006 was 12 out of 14, the 2004 class was 10th. The only good class on the roster was 2007 which still came in behind UNC and Miami.

And took the worst in the country (according to you) and won 6 games in his last year.
You sound so proud of watching our service academy level players get body slammed to the turf.

I'm pretty sure that roster was pretty far behind Clemson, FSU, Miami, UNC, and UGA. The 2005 class was last in the ACC, 2006 was 12 out of 14, the 2004 class was 10th. The only good class on the roster was 2007 which still came in behind UNC and Miami.
I bet if they were reranked it wouldn't. I know what I saw on the field was better than all of those teams.

I bet if they were reranked it wouldn't. I know what I saw on the field was better than all of those teams.

Well sure you think that. Johnson made the roster look better than it was, but the option and good coaching makes good players look like superstars. Dwyer looked like the next Bo Jackson, and I think someone at Pittsburgh got fired for falling for it. Nesbitt looked like a Heisman contender. Roddy Jones ran for over 200 yards against a pro talent stacked UGA defense. Those guys were good players; but the system made them look like superstars.

One of the main reasons we went to the option to begin with was we weren't competing successfully in recruiting for top talent. There weren't enough TChoices out there trying to escape the shadow of Adrian Peterson types.

Well sure you think that. Johnson made the roster look better than it was, but the option and good coaching makes good players look like superstars. Dwyer looked like the next Bo Jackson, and I think someone at Pittsburgh got fired for falling for it. Nesbitt looked like a Heisman contender. Roddy Jones ran for over 200 yards against a pro talent stacked UGA defense. Those guys were good players; but the system made them look like superstars.

One of the main reasons we went to the option to begin with was we weren't competing successfully in recruiting for top talent. There weren't enough TChoices out there trying to escape the shadow of Adrian Peterson types.
Horseshit. Dwyer was going to be a damn stud with a FB in front of him. His HS film is still the best recruit film I have ever seen of a GT recruit

Next Bo Jackson right?
Good lord you're a moron. You've brought up two of the greatest college running backs in history, Bo Jackson and Adrian Peterson, to somehow make one of your tard points that, for the last week or so, you have been on a roll of making.

Dwyer’s downfall was his own doing. He couldn’t keep the weight off. That affected him his senior season at Tech too.

Good lord you're a moron. You've brought up two of the greatest college running backs in history, Bo Jackson and Adrian Peterson, to somehow make one of your tard points that, for the last week or so, you have been on a roll of making.

Did the arguments go over your head again? When Dwyer was here BOR was making the argument he was the next Bo Jackson, I think the argument was even that he was better than Bo Jackson. Peterson was the reason TChoice transferred to GT. Chan couldn't recruit TChoice out of the local high school because he was way too talented; but when he saw was going to have a 2nd string career behind Peterson they worked the transfer. I wasn't just pulling running backs out of the blue.

Dwyer’s downfall was his own doing. He couldn’t keep the weight off. That affected him his senior season at Tech too.

His last season at GT he rushed for over 1300 yards and averaged nearly 6 yards per carry. He was good; but not as good as the system made him look. Synjyn Days averaged 5.9 yards per carry too.

Did the arguments go over your head again? When Dwyer was here BOR was making the argument he was the next Bo Jackson, I think the argument was even that he was better than Bo Jackson. Peterson was the reason TChoice transferred to GT. Chan couldn't recruit TChoice out of the local high school because he was way too talented; but when he saw was going to have a 2nd string career behind Peterson they worked the transfer. I wasn't just pulling running backs out of the blue.
Peterson is one of the greatest running backs in the history of football. If it weren't for that, Choice likey starts at Oklahoma.

His last season at GT he rushed for over 1300 yards and averaged nearly 6 yards per carry. He was good; but not as good as the system made him look. Synjyn Days averaged 5.9 yards per carry too.
Dwyer made it no secret he hated our offense. If we were under the current transfer rules, he likely would have been elsewhere quick.

Peterson is one of the greatest running backs in the history of football. If it weren't for that, Choice likey starts at Oklahoma.

Exactly!! Without Peterson we probably never see TChoice on the flats ever. As great a player as he was for us (a legit NFL level talent) he is probably an even better RB coach/recruiter/motivator for us. None of that likely happens without Peterson. We couldn't recruit his level of talent out of high school back then, even from our own back yard.

Edit: I think it is worth saying that I think CGC can recruit at that level better than Chan did.

Last edited:
Dwyer made it no secret he hated our offense. If we were under the current transfer rules, he likely would have been elsewhere quick.

Well lucky for him that didn't happen or he may not have gotten a call on draft day.

Paul Johnson wins 7+ this year with this roster. Problem is, he wouldn't have the roster we have now.

Johnson is a better coach and Collins is a better recruiter. IIWII

Neither one is perfect. Let's just hope Collins can recruit good enough to overcome the GameDay deficiencies or bring in extremely good coordinators.

My theory is no coordinator worth a damn would touch the transition with a ten foot pole. We got a couple guys cheap to take the lumps while we rebuilt the roster and then we can get better/more experienced candidates.

Moron? You're the one that said GC inherited the worst roster in P5 football. If that is true, then Paul Johnson is a magician as he won 6 games with that roster. GC probably will never win more than 6 games in a year. He averaged 7.5 wins at Temple with a roster that won 10 the previous year. If you want to see a moron, look in the mirror.

Back