Double Super Official Championship Games Thread

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Last real weekend of football for a while, and there are some oddly intriguing matchups.

East Carolina at NC State (-23.5). NC State's game against West Virginia got cancelled, so they snagged ECU for a makeup game. Not sure this game makes any difference - ECU isn't going bowling, and NC State at 8-3 is probably locked into one of the top ACC slots. Still, ECU beat them in 2016, so maybe this will get interesting.

Marshall at VPI (-3.5). VPI's game against ECU got cancelled and ECU got scooped up by NC State, so VPI scheduled Marshall so they can get bowl eligible and keep their streak alive. A 8-3, Marshall's not a pushover, although they "ain't played nobody." Hopefully they can summon some pride and give us one last blast of sweet, sweet schadenfreude at VPI's expense (which would also remove them from competition for ACC bowl slots and maybe help us out).

Akron at USCe (-29). USCe's game against Marshall got cancelled, and Marshall got scooped up by VPI. South Carolina is (just) bowl eligible at 6-5, so I'm not really sure what they have to gain with this game. I guess Akron gets a payday.

Texas vs Oklahoma (-9.5). Texas was the 1 in Oklahoma's 11-1 back in October, a 48-45 shootout. I don't care about either one of these teams, but it'll probably be an entertaining game to keep in the rotation. Maybe Oklahoma can hop over U[sic]GA, which would be a good thing.

Drake at Iowa State (-40.5). Iowa State's game against South Dakota State in week 1 got cancelled for reasons I can't even remember. With the Jacks at 8-2, that might have been an interesting game. This one, not so much.

U-La-La at App St (-17). Maybe worth a look just to see how we should feel about maybe interviewing App St's coach. I don't really know much about them, other than they usually almost beat a big team but ultimately disappoint me. Hmm, maybe he'd fit in here just fine.

Of course, all of these are just the undercard to the big draw today with the defending national champs taking the field. How will UCF fare now that their QB is no longer bipedal?

JRjr

I’m rooting for Oklahoma and OSU and Clemson today. Stack odds against uga if they lose. If uga wins, then I’d prefer everyone I listed aside from Clemson to lose so that there’s no question that Bama is still in.

ESPN with the "'Home' Team Fans" segment featuring UG, right in our backyard.

Makes me sick. We need to start taking care of business and put an end to this öööö

I’m rooting for Oklahoma and OSU and Clemson today. Stack odds against uga if they lose. If uga wins, then I’d prefer everyone I listed aside from Clemson to lose so that there’s no question that Bama is still in.
I'm really torn on the second part of your post. I'm so ööööing tired of Alabama losing their conference and still getting in, but I don't want anything that even incrementally increases UGA's chances of winning a national title.

0Nz7Tt2.jpg

God bless these three heroes.

Key, Clark, Elliot, and Satterfield all involved in championship games today.

Well damn. Derpy start for Marshall, sack fumble on the first play.

JRjr

I'm really torn on the second part of your post. I'm so ööööing tired of Alabama losing their conference and still getting in, but I don't want anything that even incrementally increases UGA's chances of winning a national title.
I’m with you man, but I cannot envision a world where uga has a natty. Plus this Bama team is legit the best CFB team I’ve seen in my 20 years of following the sport. You can’t tell me that because they lose a ?close game to the 4 team in the country they deserve to drop behind bad one loss teams like OSu

App St - LA to be my primary noon game over RRS2. For now I’m leaning towards either Satterfield or Elliott as our next HC.

Gonna watch some Clemson magic tonight and hope we get good news from our new head coach Tony Elliott tomorrow

Back