DRad begging for ticket sales...way behind

My company has also freed up my schedule for Jan 5. ;P

As my wife has a good job I will be attending. We have not attended one of the big 4 in my lifetime. However as huge as that is, if I was a sole breadwinner it would be unlikely.

If GT gets branded as a poor fanbase for being fiscally responsible in a depression, then we will have to live with that. Too bad most of us went to work in the private sector and didn't get Government Jobs.

The AA must have been deluged earlier, because one hour later, all was well and we were able to get 7 more tickets. Upper Deck seats are pretty good and I have to say better than I'm getting in the lower area.

This is an awesome idea TJ. Great way to show support while not being able to attend. As I cannot attend for reasons other than being a "bad fan" I'll second your offer. I'm awaiting a PM. Any one else want to step up as well?

I can and will attend. Just trying to be part of the solution, not the problem. :)

Still waiting for a PM from a student in need. Let me repeat the offer. First student who cannot afford a tick but can otherwise get to the game, I will buy your ticket for you -- just send me a PM.

I encourage those of you in a position to do so, to join me.

GO JACKETS!...Mike

No excuses or long stories from me, I'm just not going. I have the money and the days off, but can't get any of my friends to ride down. So I'll just enjoy it from my nice HDTV. Go jackets.

Maybe Wake Forest fans are stupid?

Yup. :rotfl:
We the ACC Championship and people still bitch about losing to Georgia. I am sometimes embarrassed to be a GT fan. Plain and simple

Why would you be embarassed? Who cares what other fans do or think?

i don't think he is personally bitching (don't know.) rather it is explaining why the fanbase as a whole might be less excited than if we had beaten uga. Read iowa's board and they have a similar situation. They didn't lose to a rival but they lost 2 of 3 games late in the season and excitement is not what would be expected for a bcs game.

P.s.
Since the wake forest comparison keeps being repeated, there are two important differences:
1) different economy.
2) more favorable date.

iowa isn't coming off their biggest win in 20 fu***** years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a clue people.

I would love the opportunity to go. If anyone is willing to pick me up beside 75 and let me sleep on the floor in your hotel room I'll buy my own game ticket.

PM Architech and see if he is going. I'm sure you can stay with him and you probably won't have to sleep on the floor. :rotfl:

Ok, SWMBO and I are going. We ordered the tickets well before the 11/23 deadline, and included almost every possible bowl that we could go to (except Nashville, and AZ) Initially, we were not going to go to the acccg, until it became apparent that it was going to be against clemson. We haven't missed a GT-clemson game, at BDS or at the valley, for years, and weren't going to miss that one. What a game! The first one we have stood the whole time for since, I can't remember when. And while I have been yelling THWG since before probably the vast majority of the posters on this board were born, when I saw the pride and joy on the faces of our SA's as they got the trophy, I wondered who and what the crap uga was any way. If you weren't there, then you missed a moment when a whole bunch of GT SA's, who learned the past two seasons how to win, won and achieved their primary season goal. Being there was priceless. We are the ACC Champions. Any uga yappers that want to diminish that fact, well, just f'n punch them in the face.

So now to the OB. Three years ago we ordered tickets, made reservations, and then watched the crash. But this year we were there at BDS, at fsu, at tampa, and have watched a team that simply refuses to quit. Crash is not a part of them. So they made it to miami and we will be there with them. This whole thing ain't cheep. Living 250 miles from Atlanta makes every game an away game for us. Gas, food, hotels, add up and more than triple the price of tickets, tech fund, and parking. But while we are mostly retired, at least now, we can afford this and make it happen.

I say all of this because each and every person has his/her own circumstances. When I read that great GT fans like BOR and NCJacket can't go, it's simple because I know that if they could, they would.

So here's the deal. Go if you can. If you can't catch the game on tv, xm, internet, tivo, vcr, whatever. And send positive vibes towards miami so that these SA's can achieve their second priority goal and win the game.

For our part, we will do our best to yell harder, longer and louder than we have since 1/1/1991, scream "defense" until we can't talk, and savor every second of the experience, all on behalf of ourselves, our great team, and our great fans who can't be there.

I must say, being able to read this thread and not post while i'm at work is one of the most horrible things. I've already forgotten what I wanted to say.

Very entertaining though. Those of you offering tickets to impoverished students are the best kind of people!

My thoughts and prayers to you, BOR. F*ck people who oversimplify and dismiss.

If I get paid before the OB, I'm going, and i'm bringing my woman (and maybe her family). I'm not an active student, or i'd already have mooched, haha.

Wrong.

For example, they could show us exactly where our seats would be before we purchase. It is available now but previously you were expected to pay on a wing and a prayer of where you would sit. People want to know exactly what they are buying.

that is because before the priority deadline, when I ordered mine, it is distributed by points which guarantees you better seats than those that purchased after the deadline. There is no way to use the point system and let people pick their seats unless they each made their purchase one buyer at a time.

I wasn't going to ring in on this but I will anyway:

I have been a season ticket holder since I graduated in 1996. I bought back all my years of school also since 1991. I have donated more money to GT than probably 95% of the people on this board.

However, I am a product of this economy. My industry (Construction) has been hit harder than any industry in the United States.

I am 36 years old, have a wife and two little girls under the age of two and out of necessity last year, broke from my old company and started a new one. In the worst economy that my parents and grandparents have ever seen. I'm just trying to stay alive. At this point, not renewing my season tickets next year is a real threat. I have mouths to feed. It sucks but that's the truth. Never thought in my dreams I'd be struggling like I have recently.

Watching this GT team has been bitter sweet this year. After having pained through the Chan Gailey years supporting this team to the fullest, this was the first year ever I had to sell my tickets to any game. Typically, if I couldn't go to a game, I would give them freely to a GT fan. No charge. I still went to Clemson, VT, and the UGA games this year because there was no way I would miss those games.

When I realized that we were indeed going to have a special season, I knew that with my responsiblities around the house and trying to make a living and keeping my family afloat, more than likely I would not be able to go to any post season games.

Well, I ended up convincing my wife to let me go to one of the two, ACC Championship or Bowlgame. I chose the ACC Championship game because quite honestly, it was easier on my family and less expensive. I split a cheap hotel room with Wesley21, and drove us.

When we won the game, my wife and I tried to figure out any means necessary that we could go to the Orange Bowl. I know, first time in 43 years. Its big. Biggest game GT's been in since I've been a fan. And realistically, we couldn't figure out any situation that would allow for it.

Times are tough for many of us, even for me. I'm not going and it kills me. But I got two little girls to support and a company to build with zero work going on. I'm making as someone else put it in this thread, "Big Boy Decisions". Spending at the very MINIMUM $250 to sleep in the Cum Shot Inn, tickets, and gas to the game as opposed to buying my daughters Christmas presents, is a REAL choice for me. As I'm sure it is for many.

So while I appreciate the guys trying to pump the fans up to go to the game, you need to back the **** off some of us. I've read this thread and quite frankly would love nothing more than to tatoo some of you in the face with my fist. Seriously. The new font who comes on here and calls someone "puddin", pm me. I'll give you my home address and you can come to Savannah and call me puddin while I proceed to kick your ****ing teeth in. After that, the only word you'll ever say again is "puddin" because that's about the only thing the hospital is going to be able to ****ing feed you.

I'm glad there are those who can support GT right now, and if you can scratch together the cash to go to this game, I hope you go. I want nothing more than to see the White and Gold out in force. But for those of us who can't and have supported GT just as much if not moreso than you, I wish you'd just learn when to shut your ****ing trap. And that goes for you Hiveredtech. I appreciate the enthusiasm but some of us really can't go to this game. You want to make me feel worse about that than I already do? Go ahead... I'll give you my home address and you can do so in person.

Could I sacrifice going to this game? Sure I could... but that sacrifice is going to come at the expense of someone in my family and I'm just not going to do that. So kiss my ass.

BOR, you expressed why many can't go to the game, for legitimate family and economic reasons. But, you did not have to defend yourself. It is ridiculous for us to accuse Tech fans of being disloyal because they can't travel to Miami on January 5. I am fortunate to be able to go. The only bad excuse for not going to the Orange Bowl would be because someone is still mad about the UGA loss.

If you ever lived there, you'd realize that most of the state of Ohio are Ohio State fans. It's much, much worse than Georgia and UGA. Literally 80+% percent of the state are avid Ohio State fans.
Even if they're not, OSU is their second team.

Since everyone else is telling their sob story about how they can or can't make it, thought I'd add to it. Graduated in May with a degree in Civil Engineer and a focus in Construction (if anyone knows of someone hiring please feel free to pass that information along, and literally anything bartender, resale, anything). Well no jobs, so I figured I'd hike the Appalachian Trail and hope the market gets better when I get back. So I spent all of my money from grad gifts and savings to hike the trail and now I have nothing. No car, no job, no apartment. Just bumming around at the moment. I got some favors thrown my way to make it to the ACCCG and now I'm trying to get to the Orange Bowl.

Currently trying to find people that are willing to drive down the night before after work b/c I got a buddy in Crystal River Florida that will put me up. Then after the game drive back to Crystal River and then home the next day. Problem now is getting money to get tickets and saving up for the drive. I literally have no money to my name. NONE. I don't have a car to sell, I don't have a computer to sell, I don't even have a 12 year old rifle to sell puddin'. All I have is my backpacking equipment that's used and nasty and probably wouldn't get me much in the way of cash anyways. So that's my sob story.

On the brighter side, I did get a call back from one of the 30,000 companies I've sent my resume to. If they ask me to interview on a day that would interfere with the Orange Bowl you bet your sweet ass I'm going to that interview, b/c 1/30,000 is a bad ratio. So if anyone has a car and wants to drive down with me and potentially another friend to split cost then I'm in. Also if someone has a way to help me raise the 120 bucks to get the tickets, I'll do it, otherwise, its looks like I'm watching on someone else's tv.

Read BOR's post. Thanks BOR, for all you've done to support Tech athletics. I hope your business takes off and we see your name on an athletic facility on campus.

I firmly believe that the best 20% of Tech's alumni are the best top 20% of any school in the nation. I hope in the next 5 years i join that 20%, and BOR is already a part of it. On the other hand I had a dinner party tonight, discovered one of my guests was a GT grad, but hadn't been to a single game since graduation 9 years ago. He makes good money, has a partner with no kids, and watches every game on TV. Claims to be a "big" GT fan. Work obligations would allow him to go to the OB. Its that 80% that needs to man up and buy tickets. How in the world do you go 9 years without a game? I've attended close to 60 in that time span, and I spent on of those years in Alaska.

I think the message is:

If you have the means and your career/family allows it, you should head to Miami.

Not being able to go really tears me apart, but career comes first until I can earn the luxury of controlling my trial schedule. This game is the biggest thing since 1990. I think I will buy a ticket to donate. But when we win, I'm going to be both really happy and sad at the same time.

Don't they also sell out a 100k stadium weekly??? Am not surprised they sold out the Rose Bowl.

They sell out the Rose Bowl because they are convinced that they are actually going to win there eventually.:rotfl:

From GAPanther on the Hive

Orange Bowl Tickets The AA has outsourced The Aspire Group to start calling and selling the rest of the allotment of our Orange Bowl Seats and Parking Passes. They still have some great seats to sell throughout their allotment. Former player AJ Smith is ready to take care of your requests. His direct line at Tech is 404-385-4417 and he can handle everybody's requests and orders and give them actual seats. Also, people that cannot attend the game can purchase seats through the GTAA that will be distributed to local military and charities in the Miami area.

Back