DRad begging for ticket sales...way behind

I'll even do one more. If there are any active GT students who want to go to the game but cannot afford a ticket, I will purchase a ticket for the first one to PM me. I challenge each of you to do the same....Mike

Just PM'ed you. I was a front row SWARMer all year, and it would kill me to not be there for this one!
:fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx:

17 pages? I think that's the most I've ever seen on a non-stickied thread...

Poster on the Hive said that bowl tickets will be mailed by the GTAA tmw via 2-day FedEx.

For what its worth, I was on the phone with ticket rep this morning (good deals on bball ticket packages that I'd be all over if our furnace hadn't gone out end of last week), and asked him about the bowl tickets.

He didnt seem to think there was much of a problem, and that sales were doing alright. BCS bowl so we get a ton of tickets, and we're one of the smaller schools in D1, but they were moving well enough.

Has anyone considered camping to save the hotel cost? It looks like the weather is warm enough and there are places to setup. Not sure if camping on the beach is allowed, but that could be fun.

An offer to anyone strapped for cash to go. I have three extra tickets that I purchased through the GTAA that I will give to a Tech fan if they want to go to the game. We also have a Jr. Suite for the night of the 5th that will have a sofa bed that someone can crash on. That's it. Ticket to the game, place to crash after the game for free, if you can find a way to get to Miami. Only requirements are that you are a Tech fan, not a serial killer or klepto, and don't care that my friends and I come back at 3 am in the morning after the game.

Im not a serial killer or a klepto, but is it OK if I am a pathological liar?

Just PM'ed you. I was a front row SWARMer all year, and it would kill me to not be there for this one!
:fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx:

You're all set. One seat, Row 1, Section 426. Check your PM & most of all...have fun and cheer loudly!....Mike

An offer to anyone strapped for cash to go. I have three extra tickets that I purchased through the GTAA that I will give to a Tech fan if they want to go to the game. We also have a Jr. Suite for the night of the 5th that will have a sofa bed that someone can crash on. That's it. Ticket to the game, place to crash after the game for free, if you can find a way to get to Miami. Only requirements are that you are a Tech fan, not a serial killer or klepto, and don't care that my friends and I come back at 3 am in the morning after the game.
i'm about to check flights....

does that grant me 2nd status?

edit---sh!t! 350 on spirit. i heard they started at 49 bucks! fudge!!!

dont think i can swing that....

anyone driving down after work on monday or early tuesday and coming back on wednesday???? maybe i could hitch a ride?

Has anyone considered camping to save the hotel cost? It looks like the weather is warm enough and there are places to setup. Not sure if camping on the beach is allowed, but that could be fun.

Plenty of overpasses along I-95....

Have heard we are over 10,000 tickets sold through the GTAA. That leaves 7500 to go.

Frankly, I don't care how many tickets we sell through the GTAA and if it makes us look bad. They're forced to buy 17500 tickets. This is the system they chose. We shouldn't be insulting other fans if they choose to go a cheaper route, especially since this is a horrible economic time for most people.

When is the GTAA on the hook to buy whatever the fans don't initially buy?

I hope two things:

(1) It's enough time for the GTAA to try some last minute selling.

(2) If the GTAA is given time, they better listen to the market and not try to sell them at face value of $125.

Back