DRAD has done his damage

I love your butthurt over my reddit love.

No it just reminds me of this one girl I dated who was in love with reddit and the night we broke up she told me stingtalk was just an imitation of reddit and people were just posting stuff that was already on reddit for a whole 6 hrs!

ööööing Greek whore.

So much of that makes me so pissed. Freaking USC up at 19. Why? Freaking Auburn up there at 14. Why? FSU at 3 instead of 1. Why? Utah at 17. These, besides FSU, are the parts of the poll that don't matter... But they do. Because of teams like us and situations like ours. Freaking D-Rad in their crying about their QB getting hurt, and probably Condy Rice in their having maternal sympathy for every dang team. Except for those thugs at FSU right? They deserve to be punished... For winning? The only voice I kind of trusted, Archie Manning, is gone and now I think the committee will screw this up big time

And you know what, props to the fans on that temple of doom clempson board who don't think their ranking is justified, either!

Ok, post #18 just put some teeth into this theory. In the AP and coaches poll it is known how each ballot is cast. Is this not the case with the CFP committee? Or are they working as a concensus, and not actually casting ballots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an important point, no, there are no individual ballots. The committee has no accountability for öööö. This is ööööing stupid. We bought this öööö hook line and sinker because it was part of the playoff everyone wanted. Go back to the polls or the BCS, keep the playoff, and get rid of this illuminati unaccountable ivory tower elite committee garbage. It's stupid.

All we should be thinking about is Georgia. We may not be good enough to beat them, but we shouldn't be worried about anything but playing the best game we can against them.

If we lose to UGA, going to the ACCCG and/or Orange Bowl would seem empty to me. If we do beat Georgia, that would make this a truly great season, and nothing anybody else, including the playoff committee, could do would detract from my joy.

I do not miss DRad. He left Atlanta for the Esso Station, where the winning was going to be easy. And now, he finds himself on the losing side of the Tech-Clemson rivalry again, only with more fans mad with him than he had to deal with at Tech.

He might be able to influence 11 other people on his committee to benefit Clemson over Tech in the rankings, but they won't be able to change the final score of our win over his team or mollify his current fan base.

And he won't play a roll in our game against Georgia. I'm not predicting that we'll win, but I am sure that our team will give 100%. Of course, UGA will be trying to make it into the four team playoff, so I imagine they'll run up the score, if they can.

But, all we can do is our best. If we lose to UGA, it will hurt, like it always has. But this Tech team has given us a lot of good days this fall, regardless of what happens in Athens. I just hope that I'm mature enough to remember that, even if I'm disappointed by the Athens outcome.

By the way, the committee's reasoning could not have been, "Clemson losing to Georgia Tech was a bad loss, so let's leave them in the poll."

The only justification the committee could have for leaving Clemson in the poll is that they lost by a wide margin, but they lost to a good team, that they should not have been expected to compete with, once their QB was injured.

It must has pained DRad to make that argument. But, I never minded a good back handed compliment.

Anyway, if we somehow beat Georgia, which I seriously doubt we will, DRad won't have any arguments to sell to his fellow committee members. So, for better or worse, what bowl we go to is up to us, not anybody else.

Personally, I want the next big bowl we attend to come after a victory over Georgia. Otherwise, it's like putting icing on cough syrup, in my opinion.

Coach Johnson, Coach Roof, the whole coaching staff, and the entire team have done a great job this year. I just hope against hope that they have another surprise win left in Paul Johnson's bag of tricks, and a lot of "Dodd's Luck."

As the man whose voice I still hear in my head and in my heart used to say in Tech's locker-room broadcast of "The Fifth Quarter" after the last game before the Georgia game every year, "Now, let's get ready for the BEEG one!"

I'm not expecting to get a win in that game, but that's all I could ever want. I'm trying not to get excited, because I think Georgia just has too much talent for us. But, it's hard not to get excited.

Like all of you, I love Georgia Tech and this team so much. To have to face what they deal with in the class room and still win nine games in a Power Five conference has got to have "schools" that have much lower academic standards and dozens of more recruiting "stars" scratching their heads until their scalps bleed.

Speaking for my family and myself, "I Like Tech," once a year, every year, all year long.

The Cfp poll has consistently shown they don't care about "quality" losses.

Just look at FSU being behind teams with "quality losses" and how the stupid SEC teams just switch places. Last week they ranked tamu who lost 59-0 this season, and this week Mizzou who lost 32?-0. If you lose by more than 30 points to a team, you have no argument to be ranked. I mean Jesus auburn just lost by 27 and moved back like 5 spots. They'll lose a 4th game and be ranked 23rd just bc they beat a LSU team that just got shutout by ööööing Arkanas.

"Quality wins" "quality losses" blah blah blah.

I think it's a joke that marshal isn't ranked. Isn't this playoff thing supposed to fix the undefeated teams not getting a shot thing? The Cfp isn't more inclusive, it's more exclusive and prone to short term emotional swings.

It's more like NFL power rankings than a poll. Teams move up and down 5 spots week to week in those things. It's completely what have you done for me lately.

Did the committee consider our best defensive tackle missed the Clemson game?

This öööö is an absolute joke.

Watch we will beat UGA on a last second FG after a fluky turnover and be ranked behind them due to our lack of quality wins.

The truth is we're not going to the Orange without a lot of help if we don't beat Georgia. They will take Clemson or Louisville over us if they possibly can.

If by "they", you mean the Orange Bowl, they really don't have a choice. In years they are not hosting a playoff game, they are bound by contract to take the ACC Champ if the ACC Champ is not in the playoff. If the ACC Champ IS in the playoff by being ranked in the top 4 of the final CFP poll, then they HAVE to take the next highest ranked ACC team as determined in the CFP poll.

If by "they" you mean the CFP selection committee, with the absolute horse öööö they are coming up with, who knows.

The truth is we're not going to the Orange without a lot of help if we don't beat Georgia. They will take Clemson or Louisville over us if they possibly can.

They don't have a choice in who they take. They must take the top ranked team.

They don't have a choice in who they take. They must take the top ranked team.

thats his point...if we lose to UGA they will drop us clear out of the top 25 to ensure clemson (if they beat USC) or louisville goes...

the reality is utah jumping GT alone should warrant an investigation. It is absolutely mind boggling.

the biggest problem is no one in the media is putting pressure on the bizarre rankings....all they are doing is justifying the top 4 and not talking about the rest of the top 25...which is impactful for big bowls.

again this is what happens when you get a bunch of bureaucrats in a room and 50% rely on AP and coaches Poll and know nothing about what they are actually seeing.

thats his point...if we lose to UGA they will drop us clear out of the top 25 to ensure clemson (if they beat USC) or louisville goes...

No, that's my point. Not sure what his point is.

the reality is utah jumping GT alone should warrant an investigation. It is absolutely mind boggling.

Yep. Hopefully whoever loses their game with Arizona will drop below us.

the biggest problem is no one in the media is putting pressure on the bizarre rankings....all they are doing is justifying the top 4 and not talking about the rest of the top 25...which is impactful for big bowls.

The big problem is that we reworked our bowls to rely on these committees instead of the BCS ranking system, which was actually a lot more impartial.

again this is what happens when you get a bunch of bureaucrats in a room and 50% rely on AP and coaches Poll and know nothing about what they are actually seeing.

I wish they'd rely on those polls. Those polls actually have it a lot closer to 'right.'

No, that's my point. Not sure what his point is.

Yep. Hopefully whoever loses their game with Arizona will drop below us.

The big problem is that we reworked our bowls to rely on these committees instead of the BCS ranking system, which was actually a lot more impartial.

I wish they'd rely on those polls. Those polls actually have it a lot closer to 'right.'

they are relying on the polls too much marred by preseason hype and guesswork (my point here is relying on perceptions not on field realitys)...its tainted the reality that the SEC minus 2 teams is NOT THAT GREAT...the nice thing about the BCS is there was objectivity in it balanced by computers...

I am with you...we just should use the BCS rankings to determing the top 25 and playoff the top 4

why do we need a f---in committee, with no criteria, and total reasoning that is contradictory

you and i agree

Ultimately we need a college football that has automatic entry for conference champions and a couple of pick em teams. That'll lessen the damage these committees can do.

Nobody will talk about this. Nobody will talk about why Auburn is still ranked as highly as they are despite being boat raced by a team with bad losses to USCe and UF. If the top 4 is the only thing that matters then why release a Top 25? OH THAT'S RIGHT. BECAUSE I CAN JUSTIFY MY TOP 4 BASED ON HOW I RANK #9, #15, #21, ETC.

There is absolutely no justification for this, it's either corruption or full retart or some combination thereof.

This thing is a dumpster fire.

So much of that makes me so pissed. Freaking USC up at 19. Why? Freaking Auburn up there at 14. Why? FSU at 3 instead of 1. Why? Utah at 17. These, besides FSU, are the parts of the poll that don't matter... But they do. Because of teams like us and situations like ours. Freaking D-Rad in their crying about their QB getting hurt, and probably Condy Rice in their having maternal sympathy for every dang team. Except for those thugs at FSU right? They deserve to be punished... For winning? The only voice I kind of trusted, Archie Manning, is gone and now I think the committee will screw this up big time
A better question is why is the CFP ranking the top 25 anyway if all they care about getting right is 1-4 (maybe 6)?

Back