DRAD has done his damage

A better question is why is the CFP ranking the top 25 anyway if all they care about getting right is 1-4 (maybe 6)?

First answer is money. It's to create a spectacle every week.

Second answer is that controlling who is #5 through #25 makes it a whole lot easier to be less accountable for #1 through #4. This is the subtle undercurrent of clusteröööö that nobody is talking about yet.

A better question is why is the CFP ranking the top 25 anyway if all they care about getting right is 1-4 (maybe 6)?

Exactly. I liked the idea of a committee... For the top 4. But NOT to hand over the reigns to the entire top 25

When you have that few people on a committee, some of which don't see much or any of some of the games by teams in the lower rankings, one person's influence can greatly affect the group. For a group that small, their sole job should be to focus on top 4-6 and only ranking such, with an eye on top 10 to see teams that may be moving up, but not ranking them.

First answer is money. It's to create a spectacle every week.

Second answer is that controlling who is #5 through #25 makes it a whole lot easier to be less accountable for #1 through #4. This is the subtle undercurrent of clusteröööö that nobody is talking about yet.
They can create the same spectacle each week just by ranking 1-6. It's been nothing short of SEC bias bullshit again so far.

Miss St. being ranked #1 was bogus to begin with. Sure, they were undefeated, but where is their quality win? Auburn? LSU? aTm? Them being ranked #1 and FSU steady dropping while staying undefeated is the biggest crock I have ever seen.

Nobody will talk about this. Nobody will talk about why Auburn is still ranked as highly as they are despite being boat raced by a team with bad losses to USCe and UF. If the top 4 is the only thing that matters then why release a Top 25? OH THAT'S RIGHT. BECAUSE I CAN JUSTIFY MY TOP 4 BASED ON HOW I RANK #9, #15, #21, ETC.

There is absolutely no justification for this, it's either corruption or full retart or some combination thereof.

This thing is a dumpster fire.
Could be worse, could be raining.. . . . .or we could be Nebraska or Michigan State.

it is program material for a show each week on the Worldwide Leader. This has been a scam from the start. There will be 3 of the 4 teams from the SEC sometime in the first four or five years.

Exactly. I liked the idea of a committee... For the top 4. But NOT to hand over the reigns to the entire top 25
Doesn't the committee slot just the top ten for bowls? The first four go to the semis, then the committee places the next six in the three "not semis this year" bowls?

Anyone?

Doesn't the committee slot just the top ten for bowls? The first four go to the semis, then the committee places the next six in the three "not semis this year" bowls?

Anyone?

If Clemson jumps us in the committee ranking then they will go to the Orange Bowl.

It's very, very hard to see Clemson winning their game vs. USC.

they are relying on the polls too much marred by preseason hype and guesswork (my point here is relying on perceptions not on field realitys)...its tainted the reality that the SEC minus 2 teams is NOT THAT GREAT...the nice thing about the BCS is there was objectivity in it balanced by computers...

I am with you...we just should use the BCS rankings to determing the top 25 and playoff the top 4

why do we need a f---in committee, with no criteria, and total reasoning that is contradictory

you and i agree
The simulated bcs rankings are picking the same 4 teams, but have FSU and Oregon swapped. Gt 17, Clemson out, Utah 21. UGA 9. Auburn 14.

Colleyrankings.com

The simulated bcs rankings are picking the same 4 teams, but have FSU and Oregon swapped. Gt 17, Clemson out, Utah 21. UGA 9. Auburn 14.

Colleyrankings.com

This.

The real alarming stuff is where the voters have strayed heavily from the (relatively unbiased) BCS formula from before.

Colleyrankings.com

What do they use to replace Harris poll?

I was pretty disappointed in how little we moved up this week and in how little Clemson fell. I was hoping to have enough of a cushion to absorb a loss. But Louisville sitting out there is just as much of a threat as Clemson so Clemson's ranking is irrelevant. Especially since they have a better chance of beating Kentucky than Clemson does of beating USC (ain't happening. I kind of hope Watson plays so I can see him get knocked around like a pinball).

But it just means we have to take care of business against UGA. Nobody is leapfrogging us if we beat the al'mighty, top 10 ranked, perennial pre-season champs at their place.

Then what comes after that all depends on Duke-UNC this Thursday. Do you want a shot at the ACC title and longshot at the tournament, or do you want the safe route to the Orange bowl and skip the ACCCG. I personally want FSU. 2014 GT can beat 2014 FSU.

So, assuming that we beat ugag, according to the demonstrated logic of the cfp rankings, do the dwags move up? :crazy:

I was pretty disappointed in how little we moved up this week and in how little Clemson fell. I was hoping to have enough of a cushion to absorb a loss. But Louisville sitting out there is just as much of a threat as Clemson so Clemson's ranking is irrelevant. Especially since they have a better chance of beating Kentucky than Clemson does of beating USC (ain't happening. I kind of hope Watson plays so I can see him get knocked around like a pinball).

But it just means we have to take care of business against UGA. Nobody is leapfrogging us if we beat the al'mighty, top 10 ranked, perennial pre-season champs at their place.

Then what comes after that all depends on Duke-UNC this Thursday. Do you want a shot at the ACC title and longshot at the tournament, or do you want the safe route to the Orange bowl and skip the ACCCG. I personally want FSU. 2014 GT can beat 2014 FSU.

If we beat UGA, we'll go to the Orange Bowl regardless of the ACCG outcome, whether we play in it or not, whether we win it or not.

If we lose to UGA, we go to the Sun Bowl again.

Back