drinking the kool-aid...........

I sincerely hope that after 10 years we are putting up a statue to commemorate our new coach but haven't we been here before.

Didn't Bobby Ross, ********, O'leary, and Gailey come to a consensus that the scholastic requirements at GT would be an extreme limitation?

Wasn't that the reason we went to the "gimmick" offense?

Has something changed?

I think we should have gone after Monken. I hope he is still around in 3 years.
:bigcry:

nope. we get the 4-5 year excuse of "I needed to recruit my own players"
I've already read people making this excuse. We gotta go through 2-3 years of suck before we make it back to mediocrity. People ignore history.

I love CPJ. I love his offense.

Today’s Army/Navy game was atrocious.
It wasn't an option clinic but those Ds were knocking the brass out of people.
Abey really struggled at QB for Navy this year and it showed today.
If Army beats Houston, that's an 11-win season. Army has never had that, correct? Even in the days of Mr. Outside and Mr. Inside?

Look at the players he had during his first year. I see a slight discrepancy.

CGC is taking over a pretty decent roster, better than what a lot of people are giving it credit for. The cupboard isn't bare. I'll take another year of that G-C-G combo of Braun-Cooper-Hansen. Plus, Chimedza redshirted on the D line and we have Dingle/Domineck/BJS/Bonds, all 4 stars or high 3s, on D, and some good running backs. Oh, and James Graham, a 4 star QB.
PJ was putting in a vastly different offense from what anyone had run before.

PJ was putting in a vastly different offense from what anyone had run before.
I’m having a hard time with a claim that mr stubborn was on the verge of a “vastly” different offense. That old dog had given up on new tricks long ago.

I do agree, however, that we have interesting young prospects specifically on the defensive side. The lack of a proven passing threat, proven WRs and an OLine that is mostly incompetent when it comes to pass blocking is what gives me the most pause. Not to mention the complete lack of a TE on the roster.

I sincerely hope that after 10 years we are putting up a statue to commemorate our new coach but haven't we been here before.

Didn't Bobby Ross, ********, O'leary, and Gailey come to a consensus that the scholastic requirements at GT would be an extreme limitation?

Has something changed?

Gay

Be optimistic my man. If we start getting top-25 classes you know we’ve got a hell of a recruiter. If we don’t then you know the myth of academic restrictions is a reality.

I'll take a top-35 with a split and then a top-25.

I only hope he has the greatest success and other programs come calling. The alternative is he has either failure and he gets fired, or mediocrity and the fans call for his head. Yep. I think I will stick with the former.

Has something changed?

Agree but the thing that’s changed is we have Collins as our coach, and he’s gonna recruit the hell out of the country and we are going to have top 25 recruiting classes from here on out... starting next year.

Back