Duke Game Synopsis

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
Witnessed nothing but listened to the first TD. Lemme try to recap according to the posts Ive read.
1. We won
2. We got lucky
3. Defense was soft, but were gritty on the last drive to save face
4. The DBs cant cover
5. Offense and Pnode are ???
6. CGC might be better not saying anything at all
7. QB still having head scratching moments…good and bad
8. Our passing game is much better than our running game
9. The OL still the worst position group on the team
10. Our team discipline is much better regarding low number of penalties
11. As a whole the team is soft

Last edited:

ee8384

Affable Curmudgeon
Witnessed nothing but listened to the first TD. Lemme try to recap according to the posts Ive read.
1. We won
2. We got lucky
3. Defense was soft, were gritty on the last drive to save face
4. The DBs cant cover
Pretty good look. You win post of the day.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
1. We won
2. We got lucky
3. Defense was soft, were gritty on the last drive to save face
4. The DBs cant cover
This thread sucks because none of your points can be argued and it’s pretty complete. Maybe understates how bad the defense is though.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
1. We won
2. We got lucky
4. The DBs cant cover
One thing would say is the defense got a little gritty on some of the drives before that (one example is the drive after the first interception where we stopped a 4th down try). They were kind of rocky road ice cream through the overall game.

LaFlavor

Flats Noob
LB group looks pretty darn good as a whole. Charlie Thomas, obviously, is a stud, Eley and Jackson led the team in tackles today, which is good. So that was definitely a bright spot. They ran for less than 4 ypc, which is also good.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
What a nice win for the boys & the program. To make the plays necessary to leave ööööhole Wallace Wade with a victory is a solid step forward for GT football. Embarrassingly, we've not won in that stupid place in far too long before today.

Anyone seeking to downplay or minimize our players & this victory can öööö right off.

Losing always beats the alternative, you morons. I don't give AF how. It's better than getting ass raped by Duke the way we had been prior to CGC's arrival. Go Jackets! öööö Duke.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I find it ironic that so many Tech fans completely dismissed all wins vs Duke prior to starting to lose to them. Then making those losses a huge deal while ignoring other good wins. Now barely getting out alive at Duke today is a huge accomplishment Ok.

All wins are good wins and always have been. Blowing wins or losses out of proportion is still kinda stupid.

The next 4 games are very winnable. ND is a possible but unlikely upset win. Uga is impossible.

2-2 in the next 4 games will be very meh. 3-4 would be respectable and help lift tech into the top half of a putrid conference. 4-4 would give me actual confidence this staff isn’t clueless.

Get er done.

gtgtgt1

Dodd-Like
1. We won
2. We got lucky
4. The DBs cant cover
Damn, after reading your synopsis I can't disagree with anything....maybe #11, perhaps

CornerBlitz

To be the man you have to beat the man
I find it ironic that so many Tech fans completely dismissed all wins vs Duke prior to starting to lose to them. Then making those losses a huge deal while ignoring other good wins. Now barely getting out alive at Duke today is a huge accomplishment Ok.

All wins are good wins and always have been. Blowing wins or losses out of proportion is still kinda stupid.

The next 4 games are very winnable. ND is a possible but unlikely upset win. Uga is impossible.

2-2 in the next 4 games will be very meh. 3-4 would be respectable and help lift tech into the top half of a putrid conference. 4-4 would give me actual confidence this staff isn’t clueless.

Get er done.
how do you go 4-4 over the next 4 games? Do you mean 4-0?

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
What a nice win for the boys & the program. To make the plays necessary to leave ööööhole Wallace Wade with a victory is a solid step forward for GT football. Embarrassingly, we've not won in that stupid place in far too long before today.

Anyone seeking to downplay or minimize our players & this victory can öööö right off.

Losing always beats the alternative, you morons. I don't give AF how. It's better than getting ass raped by Duke the way we had been prior to CGC's arrival. Go Jackets! öööö Duke.
I think even our own coaches and players would downplay this victory. Anyone trying to say we came in and dictated the game and outcome is lying to themselves. We were incredibly lucky. It’s fine. It happens but it’s not a reason to celebrate. In fact it would be bad for the team and program to celebrate any longer than a few hours. We clearly have a lot of work to do.

QuadF

Dodd-Like

Get er done.
I get where you're coming from and my intent isn't to downplay the loss. But as we're struggling to find team identity after 2.5 years, a lot of the focus is on how we play and not solely on the end score.

It's why I was hopeful after Clemson and not after Pitt.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
1. We won
2. We got lucky
4. The DBs cant cover
1) Duke is bad.
2) GT was outplayed for about 50 minutes of game time after leading 14-0, might also still be bad.
3) Cutcliffe made some really conservative decisions on 4th and short that helped.
4) Duke missed two field goals, which also helped.
5] Duke holding call, legit hold though and dumb by their guy, got the ball back for the Jackets.
6) After three 3 and outs, offense’s grit and Sims passing under pressure despite Patenaude got the job done.
7) Defense didn’t blow it and got a pick at the end.
8) 31-27 over a crappy team > a loss.
9) Onward.