Ealey suspended indefinitely...

Is it really that hard to just behave? Damn. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm glad he's suspended but it's amazing how incompetent some people can be.

They are getting an early start for the year. Is Caleb King still with the team?

Another future Herschel washed out. Not to take the blame off of him but these guys are all touted as the next Herschels and expected to be all-world from the first play. The fan base over there pumps them up so much that the expectations become way too unrealistic. The media does it too, I heard Chuck and Chernoff declaring Crowell as the next savior last week. For every Marcus Lattimore there are a hundred guys like King and Ealey.

In reality these guys would be much better off taking a RS year, then maybe another year of limited carries to get them adjusted to the bigger/faster college game. Ealey is a perfect example of this. He may have been physically ready but remember the UK game 2 years back where he was playing as a true freshman, didn't remember the play, ran the wrong way and caused a fumble which ultimately led to their loss?

There are plenty of rumors that King may not be back too. Looks like Crowell is going to be the next guy to get the treatment from their fan base.

Between Ealey being suspended and ex-UGA players like AJ Green and Kris Durham openly upset about the tactics used to recruit Isaiah Crowell, it's not been a good morning for UGA.

It really makes you wonder what all this "dream team" talk is doing for the senior leadership in the locker room. IMO it really alienates the upper classmen. It will be interesting to see if they crumble even more next year after all this propaganda by CMR.

Between Ealey being suspended and ex-UGA players like AJ Green and Kris Durham openly upset about the tactics used to recruit Isaiah Crowell, it's not been a good morning for UGA.
what did they say?

what did they say?
Rumor is that some of the "Dream Team" recruits were told that they would be starting or playing very early in their careers. This had p/o'd the older guys who felt like they had to work to get their playing positions and may be getting replaced by some of the young guys.

Rumor is that some of the "Dream Team" recruits were told that they would be starting or playing very early in their careers. This had p/o'd the older guys who felt like they had to work to get their playing positions and may be getting replaced by some of the young guys.

It makes perfect sense. When your recruiting strategy will alienate the people already in the program and make you look like a jackass the next recruiting cycle it is probably not a good idea.

In Towers' blurb on Ealey's suspension, he says Richt voiced that Crowell will possibly start against Boise ...

Even before this issue, Georgia coach Mark Richt had raised the possibility of Isaiah Crowell — the prized running back signed last week — starting the season opener against Boise State in the Georgia Dome.

The Evolutionary Chain at UGA

Highest Form of Human Life - rising high school senior, five stars, five arrests
already, five unsuccessful tries to get a qualifying
score on the SAT
Next to Highest Form - see above, but now a freshman, who they cheer for to
replace veteran starter
Lowest Form of Human Life - 2 or 3 star recruit, 5th year Senior, will graduate,
worked hard for playing time, no arrests or
suspensions - fans don't know his name
Next to Lowest Form of Human Life - see the 5 star guy above, has slid down the
ladder each year that he has stayed in the
program and not made them forget Herschell,
gets booed and hears cheers when freshman
replaces him

Richt brought the Crowells into his office, which overlooks the indoor practice field. They looked out and the UGA offense was all lined up, but with no tailback. Richt handed him a helmet and a #1 jersey and said (paraphrasing) "are you ready to take your spot behind that OL in the Dome next year?"

I can see why that would make some unhappy. But it should push them to beat him out, not quit.

Like my UGA-fan buddy said this morning, "The dude had his shot. He'll be bagging groceries in Swainsboro this year."

However, I do not think Richt is stupid enough to think he doesn't need Ealey. I think he'll be given every opportunity to get it straight and back on the team. King is having all kinds of academic problems (ineligible for bowl game and rumors have been flying about him not being enrolled right now.) If Ealey and King are gone that leaves them with two TB's with zero experience.

Nothing Ealey does surprises anyone from down around his hometown.

Back