Ealey suspended indefinitely...

I'd prefer if he went to the fake GSU, as in, the one near the capitol. I've never read of any Ga. Southern player or even a rumor of an arrest or run-ins with the law. I'd prefer not to start now. Southern has already burned a redshirt on a stellar RB, I'd rather not waste that on a washed up dude who doesn't care enough about his career to simply behave. He's far too good of a RB for that. Monken may be hurtin' for roster depth, but judging from last season's results, I'd pass on Ealey.

Richt brought the Crowells into his office, which overlooks the indoor practice field. They looked out and the UGA offense was all lined up, but with no tailback. Richt handed him a helmet and a #1 jersey and said (paraphrasing) "are you ready to take your spot behind that OL in the Dome next year?"

This wasn't a stunt. All their tailbacks were in jail. Or maybe Ealey just didn't show up.

There's no guarantee that Ealey could crack the two deep at Georgia Southern. The Eagles are pretty talented at the B-back position right now.

I'd prefer if he went to the fake GSU, as in, the one near the capitol. I've never read of any Ga. Southern player or even a rumor of an arrest or run-ins with the law. I'd prefer not to start now. Southern has already burned a redshirt on a stellar RB, I'd rather not waste that on a washed up dude who doesn't care enough about his career to simply behave. He's far too good of a RB for that. Monken may be hurtin' for roster depth, but judging from last season's results, I'd pass on Ealey.
I would think he has a problem with Monken since he has basicalll done as he pleased everywhere he has gone.

"We have certain expectations and standards that apply to all our student-athletes," Richt said in a statement. "We expect them to do things the right way, the Georgia way. If Washaun does things the Georgia way, he'll be back in good standing."

Based on the track record, the "Georgia Way" is to have 10% of the scholarship athletes on the football team get arrested by the first day of fall. My guess is that won't get Washaun back on the team any faster... Then again, if you're a 5* athlete, you aren't going to get kicked off as proven last year, thereby proving false the ENTIRE statement...

There can be ... only one.
The real GSU football program. Not the doppelganger near the Capitol.

Most of the football world knows GSU as Georgia Southern, the one that went to the semi finals not Georgia State the school that got beat by something called lambuth

Most of the football world knows GSU as Georgia Southern, the one that went to the semi finals not Georgia State the school that got beat by something called lambuth
This might come as a surprise, but these are universities and their academic mission still trumps their football mission. Atlanta knows Georgia State as GSU, and it will stay that way because of academics regardless of football. Even though this is a football board, most have Atlanta ties and GSU will aways be Georgia State.

This might come as a surprise, but these are universities and their academic mission still trumps their football mission. Atlanta knows Georgia State as GSU, and it will stay that way because of academics regardless of football. Even though this is a football board, most have Atlanta ties and GSU will aways be Georgia State.
Yep always said there was two Ga,the country one and the Atlanta area.GSU to the country is Southern football and the home is Statesboro.I guess you city slickers could be nice and just call Ga State "state"but that would get folks confused also.Nobody has said anything about changing the GSU for both schools but like I said there are TWO georgies and in the country GSU is the blue and white eagles from the borough.

Sweet, another GSU argument.
Hell its cold outside got to do something to get blood going.I could say GSU is a favorite of many since they DONT change unis every year but that would not be nice to continue a uniform thread.Hey football will be here soon and folks will settle down.

Respectfully disagree.

Having lived in Atlanta for 56 years, everyone I know understands that "Georgia State" is really the Georgia Tech Evening School of Commerce.

lol. No.

Atlanta knows Georgia State as "State". Georgia knows Georgia Southern as "Southern" or "GSU".

I have literally never heard anyone outside of this board refer to Georgia State as "GSU" including State grads.

The school just wanted a website that is easy to type.

And this is from a totally unbiased observer with no ties to either school.

lol. No.

Atlanta knows Georgia State as "State". Georgia knows Georgia Southern as "Southern" or "GSU".

I have literally never heard anyone outside of this board refer to Georgia State as "GSU" including State grads.

The school just wanted a website that is easy to type.

And this is from a totally unbiased observer with no ties to either school.
Well you are correct, we do refer to it as Georgia State, but I do think that when most in Atlanta see 'GSU' it maps to Georgia State. And for a reason unrelated to football.

For example, here is a open facebook search, and most GSU references by individuals are for Grambling State or Georgia State.
http://openfacebooksearch.com/?q=gsu

I personally either use Georgia Southern or State, but not GSU for anything. It is confusing most of the time to refer to either as GSU in football.

I went to a football camp on the "beautiful banks of Eagle Creek" when I was a sophomore in HS. We just called it "Southern," which was how our coaches referred to it.

I wanna call one G-State and the other G-South. It sounds trendy with 'tha kidz' (see what I did there? eh?).

Well you are correct, we do refer to it as Georgia State, but I do think that when most in Atlanta see 'GSU' it maps to Georgia State. And for a reason unrelated to football.

For example, here is a open facebook search, and most GSU references by individuals are for Grambling State or Georgia State.
http://openfacebooksearch.com/?q=gsu

I personally either use Georgia Southern or State, but not GSU for anything. It is confusing most of the time to refer to either as GSU in football.

1. Southern
2. State
3. ?
4. ?
5. State
6. ?
7. Grambling
8. Southern
9. ?
10. Southern
11. Grambling
12. Southern
13. State
14. ?
15. ?
16. ?
17. Grambling
18. ?
19. ?
20. State
21. ?
22. Grambling
23. ?

etc.

Southern - 4
State - 4
Grambling - 4

Looks pretty even to me.

Not that it proves anything except that I'm bored, and that it is probably a better idea to not use GSU to refer to any of them because of the confusion.

There's no guarantee that Ealey could crack the two deep at Georgia Southern. The Eagles are pretty talented at the B-back position right now.

They're still mighty thin there. Brown had a very good freshman year (as long as he held onto the ball) and Monken redshirted another kid who projects to be pretty good. But there is not a lot of depth at B back, and like the quarterback, that guy is getting hit on every play.

snip

Looks pretty even to me.

Not that it proves anything except that I'm bored, and that it is probably a better idea to not use GSU to refer to any of them because of the confusion.
These get updated, so it would have been useful if you referenced the first one so that I could go over them as well.

Either way, my statement was 'most are from state and grambling', which you just showed is true, 8 to 4. Also, I suppose you have just witnessed that some people do refer to state as gsu. ;)

1595201-oh_look_its_this_thread_again_super.jpg

Southern Miss used to be Mississippi Southern, but they changed it to avoid confusion of the MSUs.

Back