Early Look at 2023 Schedule

We don’t play duke in ‘23
Well then, let me amend my expectations:
Almost certain win (I can no more say "certain" having now lost to Citadel): BG, TBA - 2
Competitive wins: L'ville, UVA, BC, Cuse, WFU, Miami - 4
Competitive losses: UNC, Ole Miss - 1
Almost certain losses: CU, UGA - 0

Expected W's: 7
Expected L's: 5

The next several months will be very telling. Can Key refill the roster via the portal? Who will be OC? How successful will we be at recruiting a QB? We could swing from a 4 win team to an 8 win team based on how those questions are answered. I still maintain we need to get some sanity back into our non-conference schedule.

Can we replace our linebackers and get a edge rusher in the portal? A burner WR and a TE who can catch would also be fantastic, maybe a punter? I think we can make some noise with a few very good pieces added to the team, I felt better about our OL play towards the end of the season, for the first time in 4 years I am optimistic about that group.

Wow...I am impressed and had no clue these were out there!!! Thank you so much for sharing. Now to do my part....

Four wins is most likely outcome. Maybe five. Six and a really crappy bowl game on a purple baseball field or something would take a bunch of lucky breaks. Seven ain't happening. And three is totally possible.

Clemson and Ugag are the 2 most obvious losses, though I tend to think Clemson is far more beatable as they lose a lot from last years team.

How is Clemson an obvious loss??

I mean, they’ve beaten us 8 in a row by a combined score of 322-101 and they’ve been in the top 7 for all those games. They have some question marks, but they’ve reached to point of “assume loss until proven otherwise” IMHO. It’s at best one our least likely wins.

JRjr

I mean, they’ve beaten us 8 in a row by a combined score of 322-101 and they’ve been in the top 7 for all those games. They have some question marks, but they’ve reached to point of “assume loss until proven otherwise” IMHO. It’s at best one our least likely wins.

JRjr
So there's no need to play the games then. Got it.

They have a lot more than third and fourth decimal points higher recruiting rankings than us---or are you changing your mind about such?
Not real sure where you guys are getting the "3rd and 4th" decimal point higher arguments from but we significantly increased our talent level much more than that over the last 4 years. I showed it sometime last year and can dig it up again if you so wish.

Not real sure where you guys are getting the "3rd and 4th" decimal point higher arguments from but we significantly increased our talent level much more than that over the last 4 years. I showed it sometime last year and can dig it up again if you so wish.
He was comparing our rankings to Clemson's, not to our prior years.

Back