Email from T-stan

I might do the same if it's not too complicated. Is there enough demand for things like this where there's a good chance the tickets get put to good use or is it mostly eating the cost of the tickets to support the school?
Eating the cost. If the ticket gets used you get a email receipt for a tax deduction.

It not complicated, there is a donate link on the GT ticket site.

I’m gonna hire my friend whether you idiots like it or not. My contract is guaranteed.

So TStan, are you letting the big check writers dangle money in front of you if you select the head coach they want?

If that is his entire email - there wasn't much about him taking any responsibility for sh*tting the bed in terms of our Toilet Bowl appearance.......

If that is his entire email - there wasn't much about him taking any responsibility for sh*tting the bed in terms of our Toilet Bowl appearance.......
I know that there are a lot of questions as to how we wound up being selected to participate in the Quick Lane Bowl, based on our second-place finish in the ACC Coastal Division standings and the ACC’s publicized selection process.

First, let me assure you that our staff did everything that we could to campaign for the best bowl destination possible for our student-athletes, coaches and fans. We were in constant communication with the ACC and the respective bowl committees, and we stated our case for why we felt that one of the league’s “Tier One” bowls should select Georgia Tech.

Of the ACC’s five Tier One bowls (Camping World, Gator, Sun, Belk and Pinstripe), three were spoken for by rule – Syracuse and NC State (both 9-3) were guaranteed spots in Tier One bowls, as was ACC Coastal champion Pitt. That left five seven-win teams (Georgia Tech, Virginia, Miami, Duke and Boston College) vying for the remaining two spots. Based on our 2-1 record against the other seven-win teams in the mix and our solo second-place finish in the ACC Coastal, we felt that we should have received one of those two bids and we made that known to the league office and bowl reps. However, at the end of the day, the Pinstripe Bowl chose Miami and the Belk Bowl chose Virginia.

I know that there are a lot of questions as to how we wound up being selected to participate in the Quick Lane Bowl, based on our second-place finish in the ACC Coastal Division standings and the ACC’s publicized selection process.

First, let me assure you that our staff did everything that we could to campaign for the best bowl destination possible for our student-athletes, coaches and fans. We were in constant communication with the ACC and the respective bowl committees, and we stated our case for why we felt that one of the league’s “Tier One” bowls should select Georgia Tech.

Of the ACC’s five Tier One bowls (Camping World, Gator, Sun, Belk and Pinstripe), three were spoken for by rule – Syracuse and NC State (both 9-3) were guaranteed spots in Tier One bowls, as was ACC Coastal champion Pitt. That left five seven-win teams (Georgia Tech, Virginia, Miami, Duke and Boston College) vying for the remaining two spots. Based on our 2-1 record against the other seven-win teams in the mix and our solo second-place finish in the ACC Coastal, we felt that we should have received one of those two bids and we made that known to the league office and bowl reps. However, at the end of the day, the Pinstripe Bowl chose Miami and the Belk Bowl chose Virginia.
I missed that email - thanks for sharing.

So he lobbied for a better bowl for us....and failed miserably. Good to know.
Just curious but exactly which athletic directors do you really believe have the power to dictate to their conferences and the bowl committees where their school should go?
All he could do was lobby for it but in the end, we were still a 7-5 team.

I think it’s an email he needed to send. It shows that he is not as disconnected as we thought.

Or it may be, "öööö, the barbarians are at the gates. I need to find something to hold off the horde while I find a way to cover up this bowl selection fiasco and this horseshit coaching search."

Back