Enough with the Deon

MGYSGT GRITS

Varsity Lurker
Deon Sanders as the head coach is not the answer. He’s a name. He just got into head coaching a few years ago. Georgia Tech needs a coach with a proven past even an established assistant would be better than Deon. Sanders as head coach will never happen at Georgia Tech. There’s some things that happened in the past 3 1/2 years that will not be present anymore. Give Coach Key a chance. He will coach completely different than his predecessor.

Sanders is high risk, high reward. He could do really well, or he could flame out spectacularly. He won't come cheap, so if he doesn't work out, we would be in a much worse financial situation compared with where we are now. The prevailing logic behind his mention seems to be "aw hell, why not? He was a great player, and he would be a great recruiter and really bring the juice. He will recruit well and everything else will take care of itself." Doesn't that sound eerily familiar to the narrative we heard in 2019? I want a coach with more than 2 years of experience. I don't want to ever second guess the coaches clock management decisions again. I want a coach who has experience establishing a successful team identity, and I'm worried that Sanders would cultivate more primadonna player behavior. It was kind of what he was known for as a player, right?

1. I think you’re underestimating Deion. He is far from Collins. Deion understands the game of football and how to win. And he can motivate and excite players.

2. I don’t think he will come to GT. He will have better offers from bigger programs that are much easier to be successful.

3. GT needs an intangible to really compete P5 in the new era of NIL and transfer portal. We’re financially and academically at a huge disadvantage. Deion would bring that. He would be able to sign players Caldwell can’t.

Deon Sanders as the head coach is not the answer. He’s a name. He just got into head coaching a few years ago. Georgia Tech needs a coach with a proven past even an established assistant would be better than Deon. Sanders as head coach will never happen at Georgia Tech. There’s some things that happened in the past 3 1/2 years that will not be present anymore. Give Coach Key a chance. He will coach completely different than his predecessor.
We can just keep putting more nails in the coffin of GT football. When will Roof be back?

Isn't Key the person that flopped as an O-line coach? I'm sorry... But, how does a person that cannot teach blocking schemes, all of the sudden, become a good head coach??? Am I the only one thinking this???? I foresee people setting themselves up for disappointment, once again.

Ok then. Hire a seasoned coach. With a proven past.

Saban it is.

100% agreement on Sanders. I feel pretty confident the people who matter are smart enough not to hire Sanders so I wouldn't worry about it.
Let me fully understand what you said, the people that hired Geoff Collins and gave him a seven year contract and paid him over 20 million dollars to win 10 games in four years, are SMART!!!!!!! enough to do what?

Let me fully understand what you said, the people that hired Geoff Collins and gave him a seven year contract and paid him over 20 million dollars to win 10 games in four years, are SMART!!!!!!! enough to do what?
You still hanging around?

Back