Enough with the Deon

Why does this need its own thread? You couldn’t have written your displeasure about Deion in the Deion thread? You had to create an anti-Deion thread? What a douchebag. I hope we hire Deion now just to spite this guy.

There are like 5 threads with people talking about Deion being the savior of GT football

Deon Sanders as the head coach is not the answer. He’s a name. He just got into head coaching a few years ago. Georgia Tech needs a coach with a proven past even an established assistant would be better than Deon. Sanders as head coach will never happen at Georgia Tech. There’s some things that happened in the past 3 1/2 years that will not be present anymore. Give Coach Key a chance. He will coach completely different than his predecessor.

The potential ceiling of a Deion Sanders hire needs to be explored, and if you don't at least look into it and interview the man to see if its possible, then you aren't doing your ööööing job.
You can't name a coach with a higher ceiling than Deion. You can't. Forget the floor for a second, imagine the ceiling. Really imagine it!

Recruiting could be something the likes we've only dreamed about. There is not ONE kid who is a 4 or 5 star player that would NOT seriously entertain Deion Sanders in their living room pitching playing in the ATL for Georgia Tech. Not one!

Deion coming back to the ATL would be SOOO huge in the community that the amount of support this would get to bring in sidewalk fans, supporters, alumni, $$$$$$ etc. would be ridiculous.

People already invested in the program but sitting on the sidelines waiting for the GTAA to actually do something worth a öööö would drop BOMBS of checks of support to the athletic program. I know I will. Not to mention the possibility of NIL deals.

All you ööööing engineers with blinders on, take them off for a second and try to wear a marketing hat for two seconds on this (Yeah, I know its asking a lot). Imagine the Ceiling for GT under Deion Sanders... its absolutely ridiculous and if we don't at least look into it, then we're led by people who imagine a cap on our success. No one has the same ceiling, that's a fact.

For those worried about his coaching. He took over a losing program, went 4-3 in Covid year, and since has gone 15-2 losing to two ranked opponents. He's going to attract coaches here. Even if we got Deion for 3-4 years, he has the potential to put us in a place the likes of which we've never seen. Excuse me if I fantasize over that as opposed to getting behind the same old same old GT bullshit that has run our brand down for the last 15 years.

The potential ceiling of a Deion Sanders hire needs to be explored, and if you don't at least look into it and interview the man to see if its possible, then you aren't doing your ööööing job.
You can't name a coach with a higher ceiling than Deion. You can't. Forget the floor for a second, imagine the ceiling. Really imagine it!

Recruiting could be something the likes we've only dreamed about. There is not ONE kid who is a 4 or 5 star player that would NOT seriously entertain Deion Sanders in their living room pitching playing in the ATL for Georgia Tech. Not one!

Deion coming back to the ATL would be SOOO huge in the community that the amount of support this would get to bring in sidewalk fans, supporters, alumni, $$$$$$ etc. would be ridiculous.

People already invested in the program but sitting on the sidelines waiting for the GTAA to actually do something worth a öööö would drop BOMBS of checks of support to the athletic program. I know I will. Not to mention the possibility of NIL deals.

All you ööööing engineers with blinders on, take them off for a second and try to wear a marketing hat for two seconds on this (Yeah, I know its asking a lot). Imagine the Ceiling for GT under Deion Sanders... its absolutely ridiculous and if we don't at least look into it, then we're led by people who imagine a cap on our success. No one has the same ceiling, that's a fact.

For those worried about his coaching. He took over a losing program, went 4-3 in Covid year, and since has gone 15-2 losing to two ranked opponents. He's going to attract coaches here. Even if we got Deion for 3-4 years, he has the potential to put us in a place the likes of which we've never seen. Excuse me if I fantasize over that as opposed to getting behind the same old same old GT bullshit that has run our brand down for the last 15 years.

Imagine if we just took all of the GTAA money and put it into roulette. Forget the floor, imagine the ceiling. We could keep spinning the wheel and make unlimited money.

Imagine if we just took all of the GTAA money and put it into roulette. Forget the floor, imagine the ceiling. We could keep spinning the wheel and make unlimited money.
You don't think we are on the floor now? You think we got some more room?
hqdefault.jpg

EDAJTZGS7QI6RA6V33T4SYNWKI.jpg

I guess we'll see, eh? I have been disappointed by Key's woeful offensive line, and I doubt Collins "restricted" the line play in any way. That makes no sense. "Please make the line play poorly so that we get a lot of penalties and the QB gets sacked. Thanks."
If it makes no sense as you suggest, then the odds are that Collins was involved.

Deon Sanders as the head coach is not the answer. He’s a name. He just got into head coaching a few years ago. Georgia Tech needs a coach with a proven past even an established assistant would be better than Deon. Sanders as head coach will never happen at Georgia Tech. There’s some things that happened in the past 3 1/2 years that will not be present anymore. Give Coach Key a chance. He will coach completely different than his predecessor.

Okay, Brent. Thacker is still DC, correct? That's all I need to know about you.

And we'll just ignore the offensive line play over the last 3+ years. That must have been somebody else's responsibility.

Now I am seeing articles about Deion and his ability to wake a sleeping giant. First, glad to know they think we're a sleeping giant. Second... I just don't see Sanders coming here...

Now I am seeing articles about Deion and his ability to wake a sleeping giant. First, glad to know they think we're a sleeping giant. Second... I just don't see Sanders coming here...
He may not.... but we're run by morons if we don't explore the possibility and ask. Even if he is willing it still may not be feasible, but we got to explore it. If the Admin etc. act like QuadF and just write it off without exploring it, then we're run by morons.

Who is the house? Gambling would be a zero sum game if it wasn't that the house means everyone who isn't the house loses eventually. The analogy is dumb.

The proper analogy is Deion is investing in the stock market*, while some fans want to only invest in government backed bonds. Personally I just cannot fathom that mindset in 2022 where I probably would have been 100% on board from the day I was born until somewhere around 2019.

* we can argue if he is Google or AOL, but his upside is biggest but his risk is significant. If you can't agree to that reality no sense talking because we are not living in the same world.

* we can argue if he is Google or AOL, but his upside is biggest but his risk is significant. If you can't agree to that reality no sense talking because we are not living in the same world.

Risk is significant? It isn't significant AT ALL given where we are right now. There's no planet where Deion makes us worse than where we are RIGHT NOW. The risk RIGHT NOW, is minor compared to a ceiling that is in the STRATOSPHERE... that's a good investment by most people's standards.

He may not.... but we're run by morons if we don't explore the possibility and ask. Even if he is willing it still may not be feasible, but we got to explore it. If the Admin etc. act like QuadF and just write it off without exploring it, then we're run by morons.
We’re very rich in Can’t-Jackets.

Yeah he could have posted this nonsense in any of those 5.
What are the other 3?

I gotta say I kinda like having a thread predominantly full of cheerleading and a different thread where the piss and vinegar crowd can make a stink.

What's moronic is rolling the dice on someone unproven with the primary argument being "it can't get worse."

You don't think we are on the floor now? You think we got some more room?

Absolutely we have more room. Why do you think we fired Collins now?

Risk is significant? It isn't significant AT ALL given where we are right now. There's no planet where Deion makes us worse than where we are RIGHT NOW. The risk RIGHT NOW, is minor compared to a ceiling that is in the STRATOSPHERE... that's a good investment by most people's standards.
I personally agree and a huge part of the reason we need Deion is because fan attendance, morale, and interest is in the toilet. If that was not the case, and we were getting rid of a Chan Gailey 6-7 win guy, then there would be a lot of risk in hiring such an unproven guy who could crater the program and lose the fanbase. WE HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT. The main risk in hiring a small track record coach that could be smoke and mirrors does not exist for us.

But I was trying to win over skeptics by acknowledging their concerns as legitimate, at least the best I could fake it.

The only risk, and this is stretching the definition, is related to Chadwell being such an ideal candidate himself and you will lose him to take the Deion experiment. Its an opportunity cost risk.

What's moronic is rolling the dice on someone unproven with the primary argument being "it can't get worse."

We already know he's going to bring in a top 5 recruiting class, all we need is to get him 2 good coordinators to carry the workload. He's won 19 of his last 21 games as a head coach. He can easily win 15 of 21 in the ACC.

He isn't unproven. He's proved to bring in 5 star players into an HBCU school you never heard of until he coached there. He's proven to get a spot on Aflac commercials opposite Nick Saban, because of it... But keep on making a case that CAN'T BE MADE. You have no vision.

If you were in charge of anything and just wrote something like this off the way you are doing now, your ass should be canned immediately for incompetence. I don't expect Deion to be our next coach. I do expect the powers that be to study the ever living öööö out of the possibility and at least have the discussions. If they can't get there, they can't get there, but not even entertaining it, everyone should be fired.

Who was more unproven? The Clown or Neon?

This is rock bottom of Tech Football. Losing 100-0. Losing 42-0 and the other coach easing up on you because of how embarrassing it is.

Who is the house? Gambling would be a zero sum game if it wasn't that the house means everyone who isn't the house loses eventually. The analogy is dumb.

The proper analogy is Deion is investing in the stock market*, while some fans want to only invest in government backed bonds. Personally I just cannot fathom that mindset in 2022 where I probably would have been 100% on board from the day I was born until somewhere around 2019.

Don't overthink the analogy it's still before noon. :) I'm just pointing out that his argument of "yeah he's high risk, but lets ignore the floor" is stupid. I think the assessment of Deion being high-risk, high-reward is accurate and the primary debate is whether he's worth the risk. I don't buy into BoR's notion that ignoring the risk or ignoring the floor means it doesn't exist.

Back