Environment and Fans

A/V people suck. Playing music over the band on 3rd down, before kickoffs, etc. Every time we'd come back from a TV timeout they'd play like the first 5 seconds of a song before they had to cut it off real fast because the teams were ready for play. Play that öööö DURING the timeouts morons.

In defense of the every game dipshit behind you, that play has rarely ever worked and it always costs us a time-out. Paul doesn’t value timeouts and it has hurt us during come back attempts in the past more often than that play has helped us. That said, glad it worked last night as it ultimately led to a score I believe.
Agree 100%

I don't see the problem with the atmosphere last night other than we can't properly have a whiteout. Penn State kicks our ass at those. Penn State could have a whiteout in 20 degree temps and everyone in the stadium would be wearing white.

yeah but at least we didn't enable a goddamn pedophile coach and worship his goddamned statue.

What I'm trying to say is öööö Penn St.

I agree with the sentiment about late season "white outs" being stupid. It did flop. Hell, there were cheerleaders with their Navy jackets on.

Frankly, I think having one every year is gimmicky and derivative. However, if the students/SGA or whatever vote to have one, do it early in the season. It is just basic logic that if you are looking for maximum compliance in something, make it easy as possible (re: T-shirt's vs. having to layer up like a winter vacation in Norway). 30's is not sweatshirt weather.

I don't care what Penn State does, we're not them.

The YJ cheer was not all that bad. It started during a tv timeout called by Miami to stop the clock. I understand the players waving it down before they had to go back and snap the ball, but it’s not like the stadium started some loud stuff during the middle of a drive.

Also- Sweet Caroline sucks and should never be played at a football game.

The YJ cheer was not all that bad. It started during a tv timeout called by Miami to stop the clock. I understand the players waving it down before they had to go back and snap the ball, but it’s not like the stadium started some loud stuff during the middle of a drive.

Also- Sweet Caroline sucks and should never be played at a football game.

That and UGAg does the whole Sweet Caroline thing in Athens. öööö those guys.

The offense shhhing the crowd during the YJ cheer was lame. I remember JFN encouraging the crowd to be loud when we were on the final drive against VT in 09. I mean, all we were doing at that point was falling forward and holding onto the ball. I give the crowd a 7/10 last night, oh well. I lost my voice anyways.

I agree with the sentiment about late season "white outs" being stupid. It did flop. Hell, there were cheerleaders with their Navy jackets on.

Frankly, I think having one every year is gimmicky and derivative. However, if the students/SGA or whatever vote to have one, do it early in the season. It is just basic logic that if you are looking for maximum compliance in something, make it easy as possible (re: T-shirt's vs. having to layer up like a winter vacation in Norway). 30's is not sweatshirt weather.

I don't care what Penn State does, we're not them.
I know nobody cares what Penn State does. They draw 105K to every game and they are loud and make it a very difficult place to play. It would be awful if we could do that. Imagine if Clemson fans weren't able to come into out place every other year and make disruptive noise on third down - because that is what we have now. Yea, it would be awful to have a fanbase like Penn State's. I don't know what I am talking about.

Here’s what we need to do for immediate improvement:

Get rid of student seating in south endzone and move all of them to the north to fill in the atrocious gaps in lower section.

Turn south endxone into bar style ticketed seating ala Chop House with table service. Bonus if beer is served.

I don't understand how or why the A/V stuff has become such a problem. I get that it was nearly a decade ago, but in 08 and especially 09, we were on point with it. Anyone with a basic understanding of college football should be able to piece together when to play what, and when to shut the öööö up.

Get rid of student seating in south endzone and move all of them to the north to fill in the atrocious gaps in lower section.

Turn south endxone into bar style ticketed seating ala Chop House with table service. Bonus if beer is served.
I actually agree with this. Since we have "Season Ticket Holder" on our tickets, make it ONLY accessible to season ticket holders. Make a nice stepped endzone viewing platform serving food and drink to season ticket holders only.

I don't understand how or why the A/V stuff has become such a problem. I get that it was nearly a decade ago, but in 08 and especially 09, we were on point with it. Anyone with a basic understanding of college football should be able to piece together when to play what, and when to shut the öööö up.
That’s probably the problem. I think they have the president of the A/V club at a nerd school (aka the king of nerds) in charge of setting atmosphere at a football game he knows nothing about.

BTW, UTC has an area in their endzone where you can go get a beer, stand and watch the game. Can't leave the area with your beer, but it is a pretty good place to watch and have a sud

I'm surprised some of the old timers on here don't want us wearing thick cotton or wool jerseys - just like grandpappy used to wear

I had 5 layers on (long-sleeved mock turtleneck, t-shirt, fleece pullover, hoodie sweatshirt, regular sweatshirt) and was quite warm the whole night. Feet were getting a bit cold but I only had two pair of socks on.
joey-chandler-clothes-today-160810-tease-02_f30b2f607382b41257e5142601094a88.fit-760w.jpg

I could see that happening. Student sections can make the atmosphere

Only problem is even last night, would have ran out of seats for students. Both were 75%+ full. How many seats are in the south end zone? 3k? I guess we could use more of the lower east. Visitors currently can have the entire corner up to the gold seats. Too nice IMO, put their asses in the upper north. Uga, Clem, ect all have bigger lower levels but all give less lower visiting seats. We’re too nice.

Back