Even CPJ isn't happy, wants to get bought out

Kelly just tweeted

Don't think there are any legs to the CBS Sports report on Paul Johnson. Would be an epic struggle to cobble money to buy him out.

FWIW

His kids are grown, I tink. Just take the pay cut and go back to Statesboro I tink.

Do you guys not understand what this means? A guy that won at Navy.....at Navy....AT FREAKING NAVY....wants out because he DOESN'T THINK HE CAN WIN AT GEORGIA TECH. If that's not an indictment against the school's commitment to athletics, then I'm an underwater aviator.

So basically people would want us to run what Clemson, Auburn, Tennessee, UNC, and to some extent VPI and South Carolina run and expect us to be better than them at it while offering half of the commitment to football and academic majors those schools offer...sounds smart.

I've thought like this for quite awhile but now I think...

We've been trying to run the complete opposite of what they run for 5 years now and where has it gotten us?

The players do not want to come play in PJ's system. We might not get quite the players or the depth that those schools can get, but if we ran an exciting system that showed correlation to the NFL, we could still get enough players to be successful with it.

I think this is just rumor. öööö you Feldman. WTF does this mean?

PJ must issue a statement to clear this up.

Kelly also tweeted that CPJ seemed "upbeat and excited" about Vad Lee news?

I thought Kelly was mum because he knew, but his source wanted to keep it under wraps. Now I have no idea who Feldman's source could be who knows something Kelly's sources don't know.

Do you guys not understand what this means? A guy that won at Navy.....at Navy....AT FREAKING NAVY....wants out because he DOESN'T THINK HE CAN WIN AT GEORGIA TECH. If that's not an indictment against the school's commitment to athletics, then I'm an underwater aviator.

CPJ has done his best to turn GT's competitive schedule into a Navy schedule so he could replicate his Navy success, but that plan has failed.

This.

:lol:

Jeff Schultz's twitter has a response to this, and watching him respond to his critics is pretty freaking hilarious.

Kelly talked to CPJ this morning. Said CPJ was excited about the young QB's and getting the offense back on track.

This is nothing more than a ööööty report by Feldman.

Kelly Quinlan @Kelly_Quinlan 4m

I expect Paul Johnson @GTPaulJohnson to be the coach at #GaTech in 2014. Spoke with him since the bowl and he was excited about spring ball.

Somebody is going to lose some credibility. I don't think Bruce Feldman would just fling poo for no reason ... especially this close to national signing day.

do you guys not understand what this means? A guy that won at navy.....at navy....at freaking navy....wants out because he doesn't think he can win at georgia tech. If that's not an indictment against the school's commitment to athletics, then i'm an underwater aviator.

+10000

Yep, Kelly also tweeting that he expects him at GT in 2014 and that he was excited about spring ball.

Edit: I'm slow.

First, this is just a rumor right...

However if it's not a rumor, not sure I understand how the buyouts work. Wouldn't GT just need to "release" him from his buyout so that he's free from the contract and not "buy him out"?

Say what you guys want, but Feldman doesn't tweet that out without double/triple checking, or getting it from CPJ himself.

Back