Even CPJ isn't happy, wants to get bought out

I love the thought that Vad Leaving & talk of PJ wanting out might hurt our recruiting. Now that's funny stuff right there. Who in the hell are we going to lose recruits to KSU, Ga state , or West Georgia??

first thing is if paul wants to leave and GT agrees the buyout would not be the contract buyout

it would be something like half of it (3.5million)

Secondly, the thing that perplexes me about Quinlans' tweet is the tweet about not having the money for the buyout

this is wrong. The AD has a special fund established by Rad a few years back for this exact reason, for coaches contracts or other special needs. Its in the millions. The GTAA has the money, maybe not 7.5million, but some amount (4 million range) to do this; the exact amount I don't know. 3 years ago i recall it in the 3-5 million arena.

Point being I like Kelly, but he is wrong about the funds. and who knows who has accurate info about any of this at this point.

hell, who knows if that AD fund still exists since Rad left too!!! I haven't been connected in about 2 years to that side of the AA to get that level of detail.

Pass blocking is pretty difficult with 3 foot splits, and 4 feet for the tackle.

Not like the next coach will inherit the worst pass blocking oline in college football history

Doesn't matter. The next coach is Gruden and he'll have OL falling all over themselves to come to school here.

Point being I like Kelly, but he is wrong about the funds. and who knows who has accurate info about any of this at this point.

hell, who knows if that AD fund still exists since Rad left too!!! I haven't been connected in about 2 years to that side of the AA to get that level of detail.

Some of your statements are contradictory.

I don't see how Feldman could have got this wrong...he rarely does. And I haven't been this excited about moving another direction in quite a while....I do not want to see this brand of football anymore.

A coach once said, "Where there's smoke there's usually some fire." oh wait, that was pj :turbonoes:

Btw, isn't it likely that someone from the AA fed Feldman this story to try to build up pressure on Johnson to get a buyout done more quickly and cheaply as opposed to PJ having said anything to anyone. I can't imagine Feldman would put his reputation on the line without someone in the AA talking to him.

Shaq Mason @ShaqDiesel_70
Follow
Time to make some changes!
3:53 PM - 3 Jan 2014

For those of you who say no one can win at GT, I point out 3 teams that won 10+ games this year:

Duke
Rice
Stanford

Back