Expansion Rumors…

The Sec will not take Duke.

Our fate is tied to 1. Does the B1G want to be in Atlanta/southeast and 2. How bad does the SEC want to keep the B1G out?
I could see taking Duke as part of enlarging the portion of the TV deal that is basketball.

Strength of basketball program is a non-consideration. Completely doesn't matter.

But strength of football program is far from the only consideration when ranking potential targets (UCLA). All of this sucks ass. All we can do is sit and watch.

UNC would jump at the chance to make the kind of money the SEC pays. I actually think they would do well there in time… once they figure out all the back room deals, etc.

UNC would jump at the chance to make the kind of money the SEC pays. I actually think they would do well there in time… once they figure out all the back room deals, etc.

Politicians WILL get involved at the state level in the case of Virginia and North Carolina. UNC and NC State would have to go in a package deal, same for UVA-VPI

I cannot verify this, other than to say that a usually pretty reliable source says that there is a lot of chatter going around Atlanta with some high up people in Atlanta that Tech could be well on its way to joining the big10 with Notre Dame, Clemson, and FSU. He said that news has also been all over Twitter for the last hour.
I'll believe it when I see it, but it definitely works for me. And you know the SEC will fight like hell to prevent it, because the last thing they want is a Big 10 presence in the Southeast.

I cannot verify this, other than to say that a usually pretty reliable source says that there is a lot of chatter going around Atlanta with some high up people in Atlanta that Tech could be well on its way to joining the big10 with Notre Dame, Clemson, and FSU. He said that news has also been all over Twitter for the last hour.
I'll believe it when I see it, but it definitely works for me. And you know the SEC will fight like hell to prevent it, because the last thing they want is a Big 10 presence in the Southeast.
I don't see Clemson and FSU in BIG. This one is a bad rumor.

I have to wonder about Clemson and FSU too, but all 3 would give the Big10 a presence in the South East that they have never had before, and even with questionable academic institutions, that presence would be BIG !!!

Are Clemson and FSU AAU? That was important to BIG10 at one time but perhaps money is all that matters now.

Back